Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on October 23, 2020, 06:07:25 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 23, 2020, 01:33:42 AM
All coming along nicely, Fred.  :thumbsup:

ps - do you have the time?  ;D

Time to get a new CEO I think.  Not that anything will change.

Yeah - 'Tis always thus.
I feel your pain and frustration, but will stop now before I stray too much further into 'bannable territory'  ;D

zenrat

They weren't even very nice watches.

More paint on CR-32 today.  Needs some tidying up then she can have a coat of clear and some decals.  The green is actually meant for Russian Tank Crew uniforms.
CR-32 WIP 24-10-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Obviously they used the same paint on the aircraft as they used on the uniforms! :angel:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Yes.  Just paint the crews.  Cheaper than buying them uniforms and when it's time for a parade or inspection just give them a fresh coat.
I did all the touch ups and cleared  it today.  Transfers tomorrow.

Breguet now has all it's tails and one wing.

Fuel tanker has the tank attached to the chassis.

60 Chevy ute has door mirrors (from an '80's Firebird judging by the colour of the plastic) and the interior is nearly completed.

I also studied the Sea Witch instructions.  These are written, with accompanying diagrams.  I was going to attach the yard arms to the masts next but it seems that I have to rig the masts before I do that.  Before that I need to paint them so I have started to do so.

I picked up with the Hot Rod with he V12 tank engine, continuing to scratchbuild the front and rear suspensions by adding some radius rods.

Sorted out my paints, rearranging them so there was more room in the rack so I could put the spare in it instead of having them lined up on the edge of the shelf where I kept knocking them on the floor.

Then, because everything either had glue or paint drying I dug out and started building a 1/25 1949 inline six Chevy engine (from a Galaxy kit).  Because when in doubt, build an engine.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on October 25, 2020, 02:37:15 AM

Because when in doubt, build an engine.

Hehehehe, I like your thinking there Fred.  :thumbsup:

I too have a number of engines already built with nothing for them to power..................yet.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Breguet has two wings.
Breguet Br693 WIP 26-10-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
I suppose I need to come up with a colour scheme for it soon.

And I put some of this decal sheet onto the CR-32.
Fiat CR-32 WIP 26-10-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Today is the start of two weeks leave.  As I can't go anywhere I shall be mostly in the shed.  I am hopeful for some good model car painting weather.
Fred

NARSES2

Breguet looks neat  :thumbsup:

Enjoy your break. I read in today's press that Melbourne is thinking of reducing its Covid restrictions. Does that effect you ? (apologies but I can't remember which State you live in)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Thanks Chris.

We have been partially released and if all goes well we will be free to travel more than 25km after Nov 8th.

Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on October 27, 2020, 01:16:40 AM

We have been partially released and if all goes well we will be free to travel more than 25km after Nov 8th.

:thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

We can also go to the pub again.  Woohoo!  I didn't though, I mowed the verdant grassland of stately zen manor instead.  It grows fast at this time of year.

CR-32 is finished.  Beauty pics tomorrow.
Fiat CR-32 28-10-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Rick Lowe

NARSES2

zenrat

Fiat now has its own thread.

I finished putting the Chevy engine together today (apart from a touch of black wash).  Now I need a car to put it in.
'49 Chevrolet 216ci Inline six 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
'49 Chevrolet 216ci Inline six 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Look Kit, not every model engine has Floating Alternator Syndrome...
'49 Chevrolet 216ci Inline six 03 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on October 29, 2020, 03:57:35 AM

Look Kit, not every model engine has Floating Alternator Syndrome...

;D :thumbsup:

Nice to see it done properly for once. You've even got the adjustment slot there too!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

That's built OOB.  Galaxy Models do it properly.  Me, I usually just glue a piece of wire from the top of the alternator to the engine block.
Fred