Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyer

The mice are around because of the large Asian family next door that are constantly going fishing and cleaning their catch in the driveway, cooking outside, kid's scattering food scraps everywhere etc... All their activity attracts most of the neighborhood's cat population as well as the mice but unfortunately the two don't cancel each other out. The rodent problem will only really stop if we move or they do.  :banghead:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 28, 2021, 05:59:17 AM
Quote from: zenrat on April 28, 2021, 05:33:02 AM

And I also saw a mouse in my shed Tuesday morning.  Or rather a black mouse sized object moving fast along the inside of the foot of one of the roller doors (I suppose it could have been a large, fast spider). 

You realise Kit will probably not be able to sleep for a week  ;)

Ooooer, YEUK!  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

We have two different types of electronic rodent repellers.
The more expensive versions are in the front room, roof and garage and I cannot hear them when operating and do not get headaches.  They supposedly use ultrasonics and elctromagnetics through the power cables.  They also do not upset the dog.  They do seem to keep mice out but not rats.  The rats required pest controllers to come in and lay bait in the roof.  The pest controllers said that in their experience electronic gadgets do work but you should moe them about a bit (tricky given a shortage of power points in the roof).
The repeller in my shed is a cheaper model which does make a noise I can hear.  I switch it off when I am working in there and try to remember to switch it on when I finish.
Brad F, if you want details of the exact models and where I got them then drop me a line.

More work on the Delahaye today.  I'm test fitting the body but its hard to do as there are a lot of parts which need to be accurately placed on the inside as they will affect the fit and I can't glue them on without painting them.  instructions are also of the exploded diagram type (typical Heller) and rather vague.  Being written in French doesn't help either.  I shall be resorting to a translator app tomorrow.
Both front mudguards and the part under the grille are made in a single piece without too much in the way of locating pins or tabs so fitting that is going to be interesting.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

jcf

Are you going to do the dorsal fin addition as was done on the Canadian Rapide
float conversions? Area was added to the vertical fin improve yaw control, which
is pretty a much standard addition when an aircraft not designed for floats is
converted. Adding floats increases the side area and screws with the directional
stability/control.

zenrat

This one...

...has a fillet on the vertical tail not seen on the standard Drag-Rap.
I will however be adding additional finnage underneath as that will be the option requiring least (or hopefully no) PSR.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

'Finnage'?

I like that word, very appropriate.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

jcf

All of the Canuck float conversions had the added dorsal fillet.

Will your new ventral fin be an elegant curvy shape?

zenrat

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on May 01, 2021, 10:33:01 AM
All of the Canuck float conversions had the added dorsal fillet.

Will your new ventral fin be an elegant curvy shape?

Of course.  Anything else would not look right with the rest of De Havilland's graceful airframe.
Fred

zenrat

Additional finnage attached.
Dragon Rapide WIP 06-05-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

...and the Starsky & Hutch car nears completion.
Striped Tomato WIP 06-05-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

The green car behind the S&H Torino is the chassis and interior tub of the VICA.  I'm working on the vet gear for the back and the transfers.
Fred

Old Wombat

Apple/lime green interior. Different! :mellow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

The Torino looks amazing and the extra fineage on the Dh 98 looks SUPERB!

You're on a roll there Fred.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 06, 2021, 05:27:07 AM
The Torino looks amazing and the extra fineage on the Dh 98 looks SUPERB!

You're on a roll there Fred.  :thumbsup:

Paintwork certainly looks class on the Torino  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Thanks folks.
The Torino's red is from Zero paints while the clear is either from the same source or from SMS.  The white is a transfer.  Window trim is Bare Metal Foil.

Fred