Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Tamiya rattle cans Kit.
And thank you.
The photo is a mock up but i've just glued the body to the chassis and the front mudguards to, ummmm, very little.  When designing it Heller chose the path of accuracy over structural integrity and there is very little mating surface.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on May 18, 2021, 04:42:18 AM

When designing it Heller chose the path of accuracy over structural integrity and there is very little mating surface.

They're a bit prone to doing that, their Ferrari 512M's engine is meant to be supported by a space frame, but Heller's plastic version isn't actually strong enough to hold it in place!

The trans-kit conversion for the 512S has a new frame to overcome that exact problem.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Gorgeous colour  :wub: and the wheels look very realistic
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Thanks folks.
The wheels are a Fujimi aftermarket set. Three pieces (front rim & spokes, central spokes part, and rear rim & spokes) and a knock off centre nut plus a tyre make up each one.  They are the best 1/24 plastic wire wheels I've used.  Only complaint I have is that they could come in different sizes.
I've previously used them on this '57 Chrysler...
Stardust 05 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
...and this '32 Ford.
Hemi Roadster Widetrack 001 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

I've got a few sets of those Fujimi aftermarket wheelsets too, and they really are well engineered.  :thumbsup:

Some of the styles are a trifle OTT for my taste, but they're excellently done.

LOVE the '57 Chrysler.  :wub:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Thanks Kit.  I had planned the Chrysler to be all over black but when I cleared it i discovered I hadn't sufficiently cleaned my airbrush when it deposited a single metalflake on the roof.  It stood out like a sore thumb so i chucked a heap more flake in the clear and gave it another coat.
Fred

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on May 20, 2021, 04:50:46 AM
Thanks Kit.  I had planned the Chrysler to be all over black but when I cleared it i discovered I hadn't sufficiently cleaned my airbrush when it deposited a single metalflake on the roof.  It stood out like a sore thumb so i chucked a heap more flake in the clear and gave it another coat.

Nice save, and a good example of making the best of the situation.  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Thank you Rick.

I'm off to a model show tomorrow.  Ballarat NNL.  I'm quite excited.  17 (mostly car, but also some military, egg planes and a boat) models packed.
I'll be up at the quite ungodly hour for a Sunday of 6:30 before setting off on the two hour drive.
I was going to take the Victomic and/or the Scooby Doo Boxcar but packing aircraft of that size takes more time than I had.
I got the Delahaye in a suitable condition to show (no exhaust but no-one will pick it up and look underneath, and it looks good without bumpers) and also the VICA is packed.
The Delahaye went into the box with glue still setting and paint still drying so I hope nothing has moved or got stuck to it.
Fred

Rick Lowe

Safe travel and have fun!  <_<

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on May 22, 2021, 04:44:51 AM
Safe travel and have fun!  <_<

Indeed.

Still a couple of months away at least for the first show in 18 ? months over here
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Traveled safely and had fun.  Spent money and took photos.  See relevant threads.

Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on May 23, 2021, 05:40:36 AM

Traveled safely and had fun.  Spent money and took photos. 

Which is what it's all about of course, well done.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

zenrat

Mondays I work a full day so no modelling was done.  I didn't even get a chance to get down and grok the new styrene.

Fred