Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 03, 2021, 03:27:18 PM
Apparently not in this part of the world, but then it is a bit like living in the 1950s around here sometimes...........

Perhaps a business opportunity?
Navvies Trenchless Installation, LLC.  ;D

zenrat

Quote from: kerick on November 04, 2021, 10:20:14 AM
Ah yes, the best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago!
Quote from: Steel Penguin on November 04, 2021, 11:09:18 AM
naaaa, the best time to plant tress is 5-10 years before you move,  :wacko:  that way they look fine for your time, then the new owners have to do all the high level stuff.
I have a particular plan of collecting conkers and acorns during my late 50s early 60s, then seeding them on verges etc, ill be loooong gone by the time they become prominent

Another way to make money with a time machine.

When we told the neighbours what we had planted both sides said "do you know how big those get?".
I said "but we'll all be dead by the time it gets that size" and they both thought about it and then nodded.

No modelling today but I did pick up four litres of brake fluid for paint stripping purposes.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on November 04, 2021, 11:09:18 AM

I have a particular plan of collecting conkers and acorns during my late 50s early 60s, then seeding them on verges etc, ill be loooong gone by the time they become prominent

Loads of conkers around here, the kids don't seem to want to play with them nowadays  :-\ Acorns are a different matter, need to go into the woods next door and remember where the couple of Oaks are.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

You learn something new every day dept.

Alclad metal paint is translucent.  This means if using it for canopy framing you need to attach the canopy before you airbrush the black gloss undercost and not after.
I thought I could get aluminium interior framing as well as exterior.
I removed some canopy masking today and discovered see through framing.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

You live and learn. Thanks for passing your findings on  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Always glad to carry out experiments on behalf of the Whiffers.

This is the subject of the Alclad experiments. A Hasegawa Mitsubishi Raiden.
Raiden WIP 07-11-21 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

And I have been concentrating on the Asurada racecar. It's coming along.  Driver seems underscale but then as its an Anime car the driver is probably a teenager with floppy hair.
Asurada WIP 07-11-21 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

NARSES2

The Raiden's markings had me scratching my head. First thought was Mongolian, then I thought "No", but I have seen them before. So quick trip to The Stash, Clear Prop section and there it was Chinese PLAF during the Civil War circa 1946/1947. Good choice as they had a fair few ex Japanese types  :thumbsup:

That Hasegawa kit is a nice little build. One of classic Hasegawa ones before life got to complicated. Also had some neat box art  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Thanks Chris.

Another thing i've learnt from this is that any orange peel in the gloss black under the alclad will stand out like a sore thumb.

Done nothing since Sunday - work has reared its ugly head.
Fred

TheChronicOne

Orange peel be damned, in my opinion, it looks badass.... that said, probably better smoother...  ;D     
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

That picture is actually larger than life (on my laptop anyway) so it'll pass as a shelf model.  Nice kit though.
Fred

TheChronicOne

Yeah, it will!  There's something appealing about putting NMF on things that didn't have it or things that weren't even metal. 
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 10, 2021, 11:38:23 AM

There's something appealing about putting NMF on things that didn't have it or things that weren't even metal.

Absolutely!  :thumbsup:

I really must finish that aluminium and titanium B-2 that I've been building for 4-5 yrs!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 10, 2021, 11:38:23 AM
Yeah, it will!  There's something appealing about putting NMF on things that didn't have it ...
;)

TheChronicOne

Oh hell yeah, that's kickass!  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

That's a very usefull pic Jon (the second one).
Thanks.

Did a bit more on this today.  The Alclad (polished aluminium) stands up to general handling OK but rubs off very easilly if you are doing something like removing paint that's got in the wrong place.
Fred