Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on November 26, 2021, 02:55:48 AM

And this is a giraffe skin seat cover.

:o :o :o :thumbsup:
(besides seaplanes, giraffes are another hobby of mine)

Old Wombat

There's something strangely appealing about the front end of the La-200. :o

I really should get hold of one & bash the front end onto something else. :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

OK, that's suitably awesome, but how did you actually DO it?  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Raiden's looking good and as for the giraffe seat cover  :bow:

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 26, 2021, 03:39:55 AM

I know what you mean. There's something almost cartoonish about it ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 26, 2021, 05:50:14 AM

OK, that's suitably awesome, but how did you actually DO it?  :o

I found a image of giraffe skin on line, printed it onto paper towel (taped onto a piece of A4 printer paper), and then stuck it to the seat soaked in PVA glue.

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 26, 2021, 06:08:54 AM
Raiden's looking good and as for the giraffe seat cover  :bow:

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 26, 2021, 03:39:55 AM

I know what you mean. There's something almost cartoonish about it ?

It's tempting to paint the nose red and christen it Рудолпх.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Engine for the '68 Dodge Dart LO23 is almost completed.
68 Hemi Dart WIP 27-11-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Raiden got it's engine.
Raiden WIP 27-11-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on November 27, 2021, 03:04:04 AM

I found a image of giraffe skin on line, printed it onto paper towel (taped onto a piece of A4 printer paper), and then stuck it to the seat soaked in PVA glue.

Excellent!  :thumbsup:

What a great idea, and carried out to perfection.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Yeah, the black and green DOES look good! To hell with that NMF!  ;D      Yo, I'm surprised paper towel, taped smooth and flat and secured, or otherwise, would fit through a printer! Makes me wonder what else might fit through one........   :unsure:
-Sprues McDuck-

jcf

QuoteIt strikes me that the circular cross section fuselage would be perfect for a large radial engine like an ASh-73.  Or maybe two coupled together.

Or perhaps something Shevetsov ASh-82 based. The M-3 was a 21-cylinder three-row
development and the ASh-2 was a 28-cylinder engine, basically a double ASh-82.

The ASh-73 was a large engine with a 1,375mm (54") diameter vs. 1,260 mm (49.6 in)
for the ASh-82. A double ASh-73 would be ginormous, and end up longer, and heavier,
than the 24-cylinder liquid cooled multi-bank radial VD-4K.
https://oldmachinepress.com/2015/05/28/dobrynin-m-250-vd-3tk-and-vd-4k-aircraft-engines/

In any case whichever engine, an installation like that envisioned for the pre-war French SNCM
130/137 would look cool. The engine was basically three V-8 engines on a common crankcase:

https://oldmachinepress.com/2020/12/05/sncm-130-and-137-24-cylinder-aircraft-engines/

jcf

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 27, 2021, 01:00:23 PM
Yeah, the black and green DOES look good! To hell with that NMF!  ;D      Yo, I'm surprised paper towel, taped smooth and flat and secured, or otherwise, would fit through a printer! Makes me wonder what else might fit through one........   :unsure:

Some printers have a thick paper/cardstock setting or automatically compensate for thicker paper.

zenrat

Printing onto suitably trimmed newspaper can produce interesting results.
As far as thickness goes commercially available magnetic "paper" is thicker than paper towel taped to paper.

If taping paper towel to printer paper use masking or draughting tape.  I used cellophane tape and the ink still hasn't dried...

I broke one of the Raiden's undercarriage legs today.  Completion is delayed while I repair it.
I also wired the Hemi's distributor.
49 Ford body is in the dehydrator for a week so I can polish the paint.
Fred

TheChronicOne

It's not really the thickness of it that concerns me, I've had printers run through stacks of paper a dozen thick or more on accident, but it's the lack of stiffness... all those other things are rigid whereas paper towel is "floppy" and might tear easier... I'm just a little surprised that it can fit through the printer without tearing loose or bunching up. Then again, I was imagining a larger piece of it that would be difficult to secure in the middle.
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Paper towel on it's own won't feed through the printer (I know this for the obvious reason) which is why I tape it to a4 printer paper.
I tape all four sides.
Fred

DogfighterZen

Very nice work on all fronts! The Raiden is looking great! :wub:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Thanks DFZ.

Raiden is now done.  Pics tomorrow.
Also something else i've knocked up.
Fred