Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 24, 2022, 04:36:42 AM
I can see how that would chew up a fair chunk of bench time. :thumbsup:

Yup, starting to look the part though  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 24, 2022, 05:56:42 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on February 24, 2022, 04:36:42 AM
I can see how that would chew up a fair chunk of bench time. :thumbsup:

Yup, starting to look the part though  :thumbsup:

Indeed!  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

buzzbomb

I do like what you have done here  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Thanks folks.
Brush painted with Vallejo acrylics which when polished with cheap coarse paper towel (pinched from work) adopts a nice soft sheen and gets slightly foxed at the edges if you push it.
Fiddley bits, canopy, and load out next.  Pilot and seat just need clear and a wash.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

I've been doing 6:30 starts this week and to top it off worked today (9 to 12:30).  Consequently when I got home at lunchtime I found it very hard to do anything other than flump in front of the idiots lantern for most of the afternoon.
I did drag myself down to the shed at about 4 but didn't really achieve much other than paint some fiddley bits.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Retire mate  ;D You still seem to run out of time, but at least it's all your time  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I'm too young.
Plus Mrs z would probly kill me if I was under her feet all day.
She would definitely increase the chores list exponentially.

Early starts are only for another four days.  I can handle that.

MiG 17 is nearly finished and the Swift is close behind.
Dodge Dart LO23 is getting close to completion although I haven't decided on wheels yet.  Or tyres to be more precise.  Big fat slicks on the back or the skinny treaded tyres it would have come with (given this is meant to be an as delivered Hemi Dart).
Model T sportster is delayed while I strip and re-brass the radiator.  I used Alclad Brass but put the gloss black base coat on too thick muting the detail.

Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on February 27, 2022, 02:50:58 AM

....... or the skinny treaded tyres it would have come with (given this is meant to be an as delivered Hemi Dart).

I bet they didn't last too long.  ;D

I recall the instructions of a Chrysler engineer when trying to explain why we couldn't reproduce the 4.2 sec 0-60 time with the Plymouth Sport Fury IV that I'd ordered for FVE (Foreign Vehicles Evaluation) at Pressed Steel.

Chrysler engineer : 'Ya gotta remember the Torkflite transmission is the strongest godam transmission in the whole world. Ya put one foot on the brake, and the other on the gas, and when the tacho reaches 6500 rpm, ya snick it into Drive!'

Me : 'Aaaaaagggghhhhhhhhhh!' as the back of the car goes KERLUNK, and vanishes in a cloud of tyre smoke. And then we're rocketing down the internal factory road dodging fork lifts and body shell carriers!!!!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

The skinnies were just for moving it around while you blueprinted the engine, fitted the cage, painted it, bolted on the racing wheels etc.

This is what i'm replicating.
'68 Dodge Dart LO23.  426ci Hemi V8.  Fibreglass front end panels.  Acid dipped doors and bumpers, lightweight glass, mirror and radio delete, battery in the trunk.  THE ultimate Super Stock Car.  Mopar built 80 of these and 50 of the very similar Plymouth Barracuda BO29.
Fred

PR19_Kit

An awesome machine indeed.  :thumbsup:

I hope you're going to acid dip the doors and bumpers on the model to maintain its authenticity?  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Absolutely.  I've already blueprinted the engine...

While digging around in the stash looking at potential Pirates! GB whiff-fodder I discovered a Matchbox Fokker D.XXI box actually had two complete kits in it.  One is the Matchbox kit (originally by Pioneer 2 says Scalemates) while the other, judging by the instructions ia this Chernomorskaya Yhrushka (Black Sea toy) repop of the Frog mould.
Fred

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

I like  the DXXI, built a few of the Special Hobby ones. Never knew Matchbox did one

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 01, 2022, 05:26:48 AM
I like  the DXXI, built a few of the Special Hobby ones. Never knew Matchbox did one

One release only in 1995.  So not one of the classic multi coloured plastic/window box kits.

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 01, 2022, 03:14:45 AM
Quote from: zenrat on March 01, 2022, 02:08:56 AM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Like Dodge, Revell have had problems fitting a Hemi into a Dart.  I assembled the chassis to the body today and discovered that to get the bonnet to sit right I had to remove and shave one of the carbies.
Fred

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on March 02, 2022, 02:05:35 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on March 01, 2022, 05:26:48 AM

One release only in 1995.  So not one of the classic multi coloured plastic/window box kits.

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 01, 2022, 03:14:45 AM
Quote from: zenrat on March 01, 2022, 02:08:56 AM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Like Dodge, Revell have had problems fitting a Hemi into a Dart.  I assembled the chassis to the body today and discovered that to get the bonnet to sit right I had to remove and shave one of the carbies.

So much easier to do on a model than IRL... and you don't have the pesky problem of having to make it function, either...  ;)