Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

True.

MiG 17 is completed.  I shall start a thread elsewhere for it.
Swift will be next.  I have begun work on the fiddly bits.

I have also started playing with the Kawanishi Type 94 which is donating its floats to the Pirate Morane.  I have a plan and all the parts needed but have yet to find a way i'm happy with to tie it into the GB.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Disaster!
Those who have been paying attention will recall that I started building a recent re-pop of the 1960's moulded Stone. Woods & Cook '41 Willys Gasser.
Having almost assembled and painted the engine I had moved onto the chassis.  This is intricate and fragile with turning steering and it was proving a pain to get everything aligned correctly.
Well I don't have to worry about building the chassis anymore as Charlie the Wonder Dog has eaten it.
My fault.  I keep my model cars in progress on allow table next to my bench.  I knew there was a risk but she's never shown any interest in them before...

...Mrs z said "Charlie has a piece of sprue in her mouth".  But it wasn't sprue and she crunched down on it before I could get to her.
I thought about trying to glue it all back together but it'll be a complete pig to align everything (it was hard enough when it was intact) and some parts are missing.  So I put everything back in the box, wrote "Chassis Eaten By Dog" on the end and put the box back in the cupboard.

The kit isn't currently in Revell's range and a (albeit quick) look on the interweb showed no copies for sale in Australia.  I can get one from the US but postage is ridiculous and I refuse to pay it.
One will turn up here eventually or Revell will re-pop it again.  Or there is plan Z.  Revell later (80's? 90's?) produced a kit of the later Hemi powered version of the SW&C Willys. This is simplified having none of the working features of the 60's mould (in addition to the steering turning the doors, boot and bonnet are all hinged).  IRL both cars used the same chassis so providing Revell's scale fidelity is tight and they didn't simplify things too much I should be able to use the chassis and rear suspension parts from the later kit with the rest of the parts from the the earlier one.  I should even be able to fit the turning steering front axle.
Plan Z is very feasible as I have two examples of the later kit.  I just have to decide if I want to leave one of them without a chassis.

In other news Dodge Dart is nearly complete.  I have a club meeting on Monday to which i'd like to take it.  Should be done by then but F**king something up is always an option...

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Aaaagghhhh! That's AWFUL news Fred.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

A '41 Willys Gasser is always good, but the SWC car is an all time great, despite Doug Cook looking like a 1/32 scale driver in a 1/24 scale car!  ;D

A pity they never brought the car to the UK, but life isn't perfect, as you've just discovered. I hope Plan Z works out ok, but you could always spend some months scratchbuilding the ultimate '41 Willys Gasser chassis to use up the spare body etc.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Bugger! :-\

But, as Kit says, you could always "spend some months scratch-building the ultimate '41 Willy's Gasser chassis" or, alternately, the Ultimate '41 Willy's Super-Stretch Twin-Engine Mega Gasser with Custom-Built Chassis, just for something different. ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Charlie is good.  She spat rather than swallowed and I refrained from killing her.  I may have shouted some bad words at her though.

Dodge is finished.  I took it to a club meeting last night and they seemed to like it.  I must remember to take photos.

Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on March 08, 2022, 02:59:19 AM
Charlie is good.  She spat rather than swallowed and I refrained from killing her.  I may have shouted some bad words at her though.

Well her vocabulary has increased anyway  ;) ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

I'm glad Charlie didn't fancy the plastic's taste too much... My Bob seems to have developed a taste for snotty tissues during our Covid period...  :banghead:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Rick Lowe

Quote from: DogfighterZen on March 08, 2022, 08:24:18 AM
My Bob seems to have developed a taste for snotty tissues during our Covid period...  :banghead:

Yea, I sat a dog like that once... had to be careful to either put the used ones straight into the logburner, or look away and not think too much about what was happening... :Bleah! emoticon:

Glad Charlie is ok, too.

kerick

Mine just shreds tissues, toilet paper and paper towels into tiny pieces and leaves it all in a pile for me to pick up. She doesn't get near models as my build space is in the basement and she won't go down there.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Charlie can disembowel and eat a soft toy in minutes.  Tennis balls take a little longer.  In both cases the object will reappear next day out the other end.  Examining her poop and estimating how much of the consumed object has been passed certainly enlivens my day...

I spent my bench time today attempting to mask a car body.  The Ballarat NNL has "Best of British" as its special theme this year and  I decided to build a car with a Union Jack paint job.
This is what I am attempting to mask and it's proving to be a bugger.  Why can't Britain have a nice simple symmetrical flag like France or Germany.
Fred

DogfighterZen

:o That will be quite a paint job! What's the car type? I imagine that will take quite a bit of tape and work but i'm sure it'll look great!

Regarding dogs, yes, poop exams can be rather intriguing... to say the least!! :o ;D ;D
I think the worst i had one of my dogs do was eating one of those plastic bags from grocery stores...i guess you can imagine who had to help the dog with getting it out of his insides... :banghead: I have to admit that, when i saw the poor dog scraping his bum on the floor with a white thing hanging out of his exhaust pipe, i had no idea of what it was and i was scared of the thought that it could be a parasite or something... :rolleyes: ;D ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Quote from: DogfighterZen on March 09, 2022, 04:45:38 AM

I think the worst i had one of my dogs do was eating one of those plastic bags from grocery stores...i guess you can imagine who had to help the dog with getting it out of his insides... :banghead: I have to admit that, when i saw the poor dog scraping his bum on the floor with a white thing hanging out of his exhaust pipe, i had no idea of what it was and i was scared of the thought that it could be a parasite or something... :rolleyes: ;D ;D

Ah yes, I once had to come to the aid of my dog with a pair of pliers  :angel: "Greater love hath no man"  ;D

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 09, 2022, 05:40:36 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on March 09, 2022, 04:45:38 AM

Ah yes, I once had to come to the aid of my dog with a pair of pliers  :angel: "Greater love hath no man"  ;D

So true... :rolleyes: ;D ;D

Wardukw

Reading this has kinda made me happy i dont have a dog..i used to when i was a kid..my boy Ben..small..tough as nails and loved going to walks in the rain..still miss him all these yrs later.
I do have a nut case of a cat thou..his name is Buster and Buster got his name because unlike other cats he is not a cat..cats are light footed..cats are stealthy and quite intelligent when they want to be..they know how to make humans their slaves after all.
If he needs to go from A to B its a straight line..no matter whats in his path..paint..a model..brand new magazine's and hes light footed as say a elephant..no kidding..you can hear him from 10ft away ..he climes onto my foot and you can hear every step and he cant get down..runs into my place at full speed..hes damn fast too..eats some biscuits..then back out the door like a bullet..never had a cat like this one and i dont have to sort thru his number two's  :lol:
Thats one benefit  ;D
But i do have to bury his gifts..brids..mice and thr odd rabbit..yeah dogs are better  :lol:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .