Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Wampyre with transfers.

Wampyre WIP 02-09-2022 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Airfix transfers seem to be OK now they have a coat of clear over them.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

Airfix decals are superb these days, being produced for them by Cartograf.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 02, 2022, 07:33:06 AMAirfix decals are superb these days, being produced for them by Cartograf.

Are they matt finish?
These ones are.  Don't know who printed them but i've had the kit since 2012 when it was first released.
Not a problem the small stencils but not good on the red do not walk areas with all that clear film.
Gloss clear followed by satin clear solved the issue.

Did something I haven't done for a ling while today - scratchbuilt throttle linkages and fuel line on a 1/25 engine.
Some people do this every time but with my big clumsy fingers I find it frustrating so I pick my builds.

I also painted some chassis and driveline parts and reminded myself why you don't use acrylic primer under lacquer paint.  Or at least, if you do you don't put the lacquer paint on too heavily.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 03, 2022, 07:10:14 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 02, 2022, 07:33:06 AMAirfix decals are superb these days, being produced for them by Cartograf.

Are they matt finish?
These ones are.  Don't know who printed them but i've had the kit since 2012 when it was first released.

I doubt very much if they were printed by Cartograph back then, Lee will know better, but that was when Airfix were starting to "get back in the saddle" again, so to speak.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Here's the Pontiac engine for the 57 Chevy.

And here is the Steyr Pushmepullyou progress.
Steyr Pushmepullyou WIP 04-09-2022 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

NARSES2

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Wooksta!

Check the box sides. There should be a Cartograf logo if the decals are theirs. The Spitfire 22 was out in May/June  2012 and they had Cartograf decals, the Vampire T-bird came out later.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Will do, but it's not really important.  Nice to know I suppose.
They go on alright, it was just the matt finish i'm not keen on.

I attached the SNEBs today and finished off the UC parts.  Just got to paint the canopy and then attach it and her legs.

Fred

zenrat

Yes, the first release Airfix Vampire TII had Cartograph transfers.

I finished the Wampyre today.  Apart that is from whatever part goes in the hole in the nose, and any last minute touch ups, licks of paint, etc I discover tomorrow.

Fred

zenrat

Amongst other stuff today I began the final part of the '57 Chevy engine build - the exhausts.
As it is to be a Street Freak/Gasser then fender well headers are appropriate.
57 Chevy WIP 11-09-2022 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
These were last used on a big block Ford engine in a '32 Ford Gasser and require modification to fit both the cylinder heads and the space available.
Fred

PR19_Kit

I can almost hear it already.  ;D  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit