Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Thanks Chris.  I think it looks good in blue.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 28, 2022, 05:45:08 AMThanks Chris.  I think it looks good in blue.

It does, it suits being a Police vehicle, you can almost see it in some 1930's newspaper photograph of Industrial unrest in some Baltic port.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

frank2056

The Pushmepullyou looks great in blue! The T-26 turret and the engine vents look great!

zenrat

There may have been civil unrest in the People's Democratic Republic of Victoria following WW2.  Returning servicemen may have come back with dangerous bourgeois ideas that needed suppressing.
I will have to investigate.

In other news the delay in painting the Tempest (waiting for transfers - i'm using a RW scheme from a P-40 and want to get the colours rightish) and the imminent completion of the Canberra have somehow led to the starting of an Airfix Mitchell (new mould).
Not sure what happened, I looked away and suddenly there was this opened box on the bench and I was assembling the cockpit.
It'll be in Australian service.  A RW scheme albeit one from a different aircraft.  The scheme caught my eye and had to get the transfer set.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

Very nice kit, the Airfix Mitchell. :thumbsup:

Now, if they'd just hurry up & release a "J" model! :rolleyes:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on September 29, 2022, 05:30:34 AMThere may have been civil unrest in the People's Democratic Republic of Victoria following WW2.  Returning servicemen may have come back with dangerous bourgeois ideas that needed suppressing.
I will have to investigate.

That's what happens when you fight a global war against fascism, with democratic republics, a constitutional monarchy, and a confederal elective monarchy (the Londthyrian Confederacy) :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 29, 2022, 05:33:26 AMVery nice kit, the Airfix Mitchell. :thumbsup:

Indeed it is  :thumbsup:  and yes I'd like to see a couple of later marques

zenrat

Mitchell looks very nice and it appears that it'll go together easilly.  So far just painting various interior bits and assembling the cockpit.
One whinge - why provide two pilots but not the rest of the crew?

Steyr ADGZ is complete.  Now for subtle weathering and attaching of bits and pieces to the outside.  Hopefully without breaking off anymore delicate parts than I already have.
Steyr Pushmepullyou WIP 02-10-2022 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

Old Wombat

Steyr is looking good! :thumbsup:

Re: the B-25 aircrew; I have no idea but it's the reason my B-27A was modelled crewless.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 02, 2022, 04:16:41 AMSteyr is looking good! :thumbsup:

It certainly is. For some reason I'm picturing a rioter trussed up spread-eagled over the front, which ever end tat is ?  :angel:

zenrat

Front is to the right.  It has no bumpers/roo bars/nudge bars onto which perps could be lashed.  Something it would probably have gained if it was a serious police vehicle.
There is a rack holding three jerry cans fastened to the rear decking which I am probably going to leave off as I think jerry cans of fuel on the outside of a riot control vehicle issuing for trouble...

As I now have the transfers for it I have begun painting the Tempest.  I am using a late war 75 Squadron RAAF scheme which was applied to a P40 IRL.  It is an interesting mix of Olive Drab and Foliage Green over Grey with a white tail.  Sky Blue serials.

Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on October 04, 2022, 04:34:06 AMAs I now have the transfers for it I have begun painting the Tempest.  I am using a late war 75 Squadron RAAF scheme which was applied to a P40 IRL.  It is an interesting mix of Olive Drab and Foliage Green over Grey with a white tail.  Sky Blue serials.

Interested to see this. Late war RAAF and RNZAF schemes can be very interesting  :thumbsup:  Hopefully  return to mine next week.

zenrat

Fred

Rick Lowe

That'll look cool on a Tempest.  :thumbsup: