Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

WOAH!  :o   :thumbsup:

How the devil did you do that Fred?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

ericr

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

DogfighterZen

Wow...  :o  i second Kit's question...  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

Yeah add a third question to that list ..Fred mate...holy crap pickles man..absolutely superb.
That's about ten times more than my 57 will be..black and white  :lol:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 09, 2022, 05:08:48 AMWOAH!  :o   :thumbsup:

How the devil did you do that Fred?

Paint with white undercoat then draw the pattern on in pencil.
Take one bottle of pink acrylic and one bottle of purple and make mixes in the following ratios;
5:0, 4:1, 3:2,  2:3, 1:4, and 0:5. 
Brush paint the model starting with the pink and working darker.  Try not to get confused.  Number the areas on the unpainted model if it helps.
It's the same technique I used on this.
Kawanishi Type 97 H6K5 32 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
BradC (Chronic) came up with the idea for "contour line" camouflage I just put it into practice.

Today I masked off the coloured bits and sprayed more white on the roof etc.
Next step is gloss clear but that will have to wait as the weather has turned crap and it's got humid and rainy.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Jeepers!  :o  :o  :o

[Wanders off shaking head in disbelief.........]
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Just think of it as paint by numbers.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Rick Lowe

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Like, Far out and freaky, dude! (Where's the Scooby Snacks?)

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I'm clearing the '57 body.  Taking my time and lightly sanding between coats.

I'm also painting the Airfix B-25.  Or should I say PBJ-1C.  Were the Navy variants still called Mitchells?
PBJ-1C WIP 24-11-2022 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

And i've discovered that if one has turps on ones fingers from cleaning a paintbrush if one picks up something painted with alclad metaliser and cleared with aqua coat then one will leave fingerprints right down to the underlying black undercoat.
Fred

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on November 24, 2022, 02:34:32 AMAnd i've discovered that if one has turps on ones fingers from cleaning a paintbrush if one picks up something painted with alclad metaliser and cleared with aqua coat then one will leave fingerprints right down to the underlying black undercoat.

Good to know, as I can be similarly impatient & careless! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

That's our Fred; experimenting and making scientific discoveries for the Team!  :thumbsup: