Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on November 24, 2022, 02:34:32 AMI'm also painting the Airfix B-25.  Or should I say PBJ-1C.  Were the Navy variants still called Mitchells?

According to my Putnam's USN Aircraft from 1911 the USN only used a few "Mitchells" for development purposes, however the USMC still called their PBJ-1's Mitchells.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Thanks Chris.

Today looked to be a good day for modelling.  Day off.  Weather was good.  I completed my chores by lunchtime.  Ate my left over pizza.  Retired to my shed and was just getting down to it when relatives showed up uninvited.
 :banghead:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on November 25, 2022, 03:22:55 AMRetired to my shed and was just getting down to it when relatives showed up uninvited.
 :banghead:

Yee-haw! :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

It was nice to see them but their timing sucked.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

No unexpected visitors today.

I completed rigging the lower ratlines on the Sea Witch.   This is what I was trying to do yesterday when the in-laws arrived.

Polishing and last (probably) coat of clear on the psychedelic '57.  This is a crap photo.
57 Chevy Brainstorm WIP 26-11-2022 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Tape off and touch ups done on the Mitch.
PBJ-1C WIP 26-11-2022 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Did nothing to the Corsair other than take these pics.
Corsair II WIP 26-11-2022 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Corsair II WIP 26-11-2022 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The Riv is now a nice subtle shade of orange.  I'm pondering the next step.
65 Buick Riviera WIP 26-11-2022 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

And the '30 Ford (have I mentioned this one before?) is close to completion.  This is what I picked up with turps on my fingers.  It turns out fingerprints can be repaired by gradually building up layers of metaliser with a brush before brushing over aqua clear.  Of course there is still time for me to f**k something else up.
30 Model A WIP 26-11-2022 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

Rick Lowe

The silver Ford looks interesting. And good save, without having to strip and repaint.  :thumbsup:
Chev is still a bit migrane-incuding if you stare at it too long... but coming along nicely.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Thanks folks.

The Ford started as a build for next years Ballarat show special theme which this time has to be 1/25 completely OOB.
However, I found myself unable to build a model with an exposed engine without adding spark plug wires and that breached the special theme rules.
So I also lowered the front end and moved the steering to the correct side.
Body is finished in Alclad Stainless Steel and Aqua Coat.  Chassis is SMS Gold under a few coats of Clear Red.

Fred

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Ford Hot Rod is nearly done.  Got four wheels and the radiator on it.  Just fiddley bits left now.

Transfers are on the Mitchell.  I had some issues finding space for the squadron codes aft of the wings (windows got in the way) so I put them somewhere else.  Next is clear over the transfers then build and paint fiddley bits.

Psychedelic '57 body needs a polish followed by foil,

A-7 has had some primer and, barring f**k ups I haven't noticed yet, or cause scribing the rudder line I missed, is ready for paint - RAN FAA for this one.  Either DSG over Sky or something else originally seen on a Skyhawk. 

Fred

zenrat

Managed to snatch a quick 30 minutes at the bench today.

I put some gloss black on the Hot Rod headlights.  They are chromed OOB but the sprue attachment points on this kit are bald thought out meaning marks in the chrome plate where they are most visible so I sanded them back and will do the light shells in stainless to match the paint.  These and the door handles are the last parts to attach.

I also glossed the upper surfaces of the wings and stabs of the Mitchell as per USN scheme.
Fred

zenrat

Fred

NARSES2

zenrat

I am hoping to finish it this weekend.  Depends how much touch up is needed after removing the canopy masks.
Fred