Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 30, 2023, 06:43:18 AMMy point was more that many of the new wave seem not to think about the reasoning or history behind their projects, many just seem to just do it for the cool factor (FFS! Can we please have less 56 or 74 sqn stuff?) Which is fine if if it works for them. 

It doesn't for me.  A lack of thought is a sign of laziness. Whiffing is meant to be doing something different and new, not just following the herd. It needs some thought put into it to work properly.

I put plenty of thought into mine. What kind of thought no one can explain!  :wacko:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 30, 2023, 06:43:18 AM...A lack of thought is a sign of laziness...

You've said that before.  It inspired the first line of my sig.  Something Jon said inspired the second line.  The third line I stole.
I'm always impressed when someone puts as much thought into their whiffs as you do Lee but personally I rarely care which squadron might have been operating what I build.  Aesthetics and/or weirdness are my bag baby.  And avoiding the fascist logos.  I don't put them on my stuff.

Now, this is getting fart oo serious.  Any more discussions on this can be done elsewhere.  Chris, if anyone ignores me please take them out the back and give them a good seeing to with the rubber hose extract all posts pertaining to this to somewhere other than here.
 :mellow:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Now, what was I going to say?

Oh yeah, Internet is fixed.   :thumbsup:  :drink:  :cheers:  :party:  :thumbsup:
Turns out it has a problem down the road at the node.  Something we told the ISP 11 days ago.  But would they listen?
No, they know better than Mrs z who has spent most of her career in IT support and service desk management.
The tech they sent out spent most of the day down there doing whatever he had to do and now it appears to be working again.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Glad your Internets back up and running  :thumbsup:

Quote from: zenrat on August 31, 2023, 03:45:28 AMNow, this is getting fart oo serious.  Any more discussions on this can be done elsewhere.  Chris, if anyone ignores me please take them out the back and give them a good seeing to with the rubber hose extract all posts pertaining to this to somewhere other than here.
 :mellow:

Will do.  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

NARSES2

Right

The posts re the ISP letter have been given their own dedicated Thread and can be found here https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=52001.new#new

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Do.17 floats mounted.

Do.17 WIP 03-09-23 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

I'm not happy with their width apart.  I thought I was. They are that wide because I used the Ju.52 struts which are angled outwards.  I thought I could justify them being like that to add stability in rough seas but now I look at the pic I don't like it.  I think i'm going to cut them off and rebuild the mountings using the aero section struts and putting the floats under the engine nacelles.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 03, 2023, 04:04:43 AMI think i'm going to cut them off and rebuild the mountings using the aero section struts and putting the floats under the engine nacelles.

Personally, I think you are probably right there.

zenrat

Yeah.  Not like i'm on a deadline and if i don't do it i'll hate it every time i look at it.
Fred

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on September 03, 2023, 04:04:43 AMDo.17 floats mounted.

I'm not happy with their width apart.  I thought I was. They are that wide because I used the Ju.52 struts which are angled outwards.  I thought I could justify them being like that to add stability in rough seas but now I look at the pic I don't like it.  I think i'm going to cut them off and rebuild the mountings using the aero section struts and putting the floats under the engine nacelles.

maybe use the Ju52 struts inwards?

zenrat

Quote from: ericr on September 03, 2023, 06:39:27 AM
Quote from: zenrat on September 03, 2023, 04:04:43 AMDo.17 floats mounted.

maybe use the Ju52 struts inwards?

Too narrow.  No, it's rebuild time.
Fred

Rheged

Kit's Second Law (also known as Rheged's hypothesis) can be invoked here.  Don't move the floats, just use the backstory to describe this as the  prototype  Dornier  17 Meer (Versuchs Eins).   Although extremely stable on water, the  float position was found to be inappropriate by the Reichs Luft Ministerium at Rechlin  and modifications were required to modify their position before the aircraft could be approved for squadron service.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Pellson

FWIW - I think you're right to modify those float attachments. Not because I think the look weird (I actually don't), but because you do. I just redid some weapon pylons on my Fishpot for the exact same reason. If it doesn't please the eye of the builder, he'll never stop thinking about how it could have looked if done "correctly".
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on September 03, 2023, 02:37:55 PMIf it doesn't please the eye of the builder, he'll never stop thinking about how it could have looked if done "correctly".

That is so true.