Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 25, 2023, 09:38:39 PMI recall one of the 'Yellow Press' rags from back in the day that advertised c onversion kits to do just that with whatever vehicle you wanted to make into a 4X4.

The fella next door bought himself something that had a Land Rover chassis & running gear with an HB Viva body shell... didn't look too bad, either...

And I agree the Panel Van looks good.  :thumbsup:

Overlanders (the two wagons and the van above) were professionally built conversions done here on Fords and Holdens back in the day.
I've never seen one in the flesh.

I'm waiting for someone to kit a Tesla so I can drop a Hemi into it.   :mellow:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on September 26, 2023, 05:28:19 AMI'm waiting for someone to kit a Tesla so I can drop a Hemi into it.   :mellow:

:wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on September 26, 2023, 05:28:19 AMI'm waiting for someone to kit a Tesla so I can drop a Hemi into it.   :mellow:

With a blower and zoomies too?  ;D

VERY environmental...............

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Flyer

Quote from: zenrat on September 24, 2023, 04:49:40 AMFloats are back on the Do.17.
Do.17z WIP 24-09-2023 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

That is looking great, you may have mentioned it already but if you have then I missed it, what are the floats from?
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 26, 2023, 08:44:36 AM

With a blower and zoomies too?  ;D

VERY environmental...............

And then send a piccie to Elon...!!  ;D  :thumbsup:

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on September 24, 2023, 04:49:40 AMFloats are back on the Do.17.

looks a bit intricate, but lovely, especially for a whif  ;)

The Wooksta!

Typical German over engineering?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Old Wombat

Or as the young lad restoring the StuG III at the Australian Armour & Artillery Museum (Workshop Wednesday - STUG III G RESTORATION Ep.15) said "It's a simple design, it's just engineered difficult!"*

[*: or words to that effect.]
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: Flyer on September 26, 2023, 07:31:33 PM

That is looking great, you may have mentioned it already but if you have then I missed it, what are the floats from?

Thanks mate.  Floats from Airfix Ju-52 (moulds dating from 1964) modified to be amphibian and with the front ends stuffed with weight.

Quote from: ericr on September 27, 2023, 12:33:47 AMlooks a bit intricate, but lovely, especially for a whif  ;)
Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 27, 2023, 01:51:14 AMTypical German over engineering?

The horizontal rods joining the floats were to keep them aligned while I constructed the other struts.  I may remove them now which will simplify things.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 27, 2023, 04:43:28 AMThe horizontal rods joining the floats were to keep them aligned while I constructed the other struts.  I may remove them now which will simplify things.

Neat solution to a possible problem  :thumbsup:

You could always say that it was a field conversion (Fjord conversion ?  :angel: ) and the ground staff played better safe then sorry ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 27, 2023, 06:12:39 AM
Quote from: zenrat on September 27, 2023, 04:43:28 AMThe horizontal rods joining the floats were to keep them aligned while I constructed the other struts.  I may remove them now which will simplify things.

Neat solution to a possible problem  :thumbsup:

You could always say that it was a field conversion (Fjord conversion ?  :angel: ) and the ground staff played better safe then sorry ?

Another example of Kit's Second Law!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

As its going to be an air-sea rescue aircraft I wa going to string a net between the floats for rescued airmen to cling on to.  But I think it would have been too close to the waves resulting on drowned rats upon landing.
So I sawed off the horizontal bracers.

Do.17z WIP 29-09-2023 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

PR19_Kit

That's looking very promising, and I like the extra fin too.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

One of those models that looks "just right" sitting there in primer  :thumbsup:

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 29, 2023, 06:07:30 AMand I like the extra fin too.  :thumbsup:

I hadn't noticed that  :banghead:  It is a really neat touch, looks just right  :thumbsup: 
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.