Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Here's a quick pic of the latest Würger with an earlier build of the same kit (Racing GB)

FW 190s by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

As far as the P4 goes I've completed assembling the part of the blade assembly which mounts to the front of the tank.  Considering the number of parts it is made up of fit is commendable.
Obviously the front of a Pz iv is a different shape to the front of a T-54 (less pointy) so I will be making some modifications.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Thanks Chris.  Eduard A5/A8.  It's a good build if you pay attention.  Many offerings for the great god Par Tsbox.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

kitbasher

I do like 190s - very punchy looking.  My faves are the D9 to D15 (by extension - no pun intended) the Ta152.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on November 27, 2023, 02:26:40 AMThanks Chris.  Eduard A5/A8.  It's a good build if you pay attention.  Many offerings for the great god Par Tsbox.

I've got the A5 in the stash, but was put off building it by some reviews which mentioned a tricky fit of some of the major parts. I think this was the original tooling mind you rather than a revised one ? I may have that completely wrong and the reviews may have referred to the 1/48 kit, it's a fair old while ago. Only one way to find out  ;D 
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

The white one was the first and didn't go together as well IIRC.  Second time I paid more attention to things like paint on joint faces and dry fitting and it was better.
I used the supplied (this was a profipack dual kit) coloured PE interior parts which I may have positioned slightly out of place as I had to file down the edges.  Location of the top IP part is vague and gave me a little trouble.  When I cleared out all the spare parts from the box I found this combined plastic and PE part from the white one so I must have had the same issue with that and given up trying to fit it (it isn't really visible anyway).  Also not visible are the PE rudder pedals and tiny control levers so I left them out on both builds.
Thing which took most adjustment was the windscreen.  I had to remove some plastic to get it to sit down and not have a step at the front.  You only get one of those (there were four rear canopy parts) so be carefull and don't break it.

Fred

NARSES2

zenrat

Fred

zenrat

I took delivery of a scalpel handle today.  The reason for buying this was to not waste the box of 100 scalpel blades I bought at the Adelaide expo assuming* they would fit my exacto knife handle...

*yes, we all know what assumption is the mother of.
Fred

NARSES2

Must admit I prefer a traditional scalpel although some of the odder blades you get in Xacto sets are rather intriguing  :unsure:

zenrat

While I admit to the existence of other blades I am almost exclusively  a #11 man.
My only lapse from the true path being chisel blades with I find ideal for shaving unwanted detail and scraping stuff.

Do.17 is finished apart from a lick of satin clear and some light weathering.  What has ben taking the time was scratching up the water rudders which needed to be hinged for clearance when taking off from terra firma.

Panzer 4 is coming along.  Dozer blade fittings have been added, some weapons have been modified, winter tracks have been ordered (Phill made me do it), and painting has started with the blade and the interior (just simple blocks of colour aether is no detail and any open hatches will have figures hanging out of them).
Figures are Dragon and designed to fit the kit but I can't help thinking that as they will be Hydra troops they should have different hats to the wehrmacht forage caps supplied.  I will check out BNA for somer appropriate heads.
Fred

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on December 05, 2023, 04:23:39 AMFigures are Dragon and designed to fit the kit but I can't help thinking that as they will be Hydra troops they should have different hats to the wehrmacht forage caps supplied

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

Thanks Scoot.  But no hats shown there...

I've ordered some sets ofhecds from BNA.  A mix of German, Italian, and British which will give me plenty of scope to mix and match and also provide some heads with pith helmets and goggles for the "Professor Challenger" dio i've had in my head for a while.

Fred

Wardukw

Strange I started reading this and the first thing I read is about your very cool looking Fw190s Fred.
Because I was looking thru a Hasegawa P-51D I got of a mate and I didn't really look at it ..today I did and in the bottom of it under all the frames is a brand new Fw190D-9 fuselage..just that..still on the frame and in its bag  :o  :unsure:
And yep I'm a fan ..got 3 Ta-152s in the stash  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Well the 190 is done and posted.
I thought i'd finished the Do.17 as well but after photographing it I realised I had not added the crew ladder or the light lens on the port wing.

Had a birthday Satyrday.  Not a special one.  Mrs z gave me a hoody, a book, and covid.  Which was typically generous of her.  Her caring sharing nature is why I love her so.
Symptoms are incredibly mild which is probly why she didn't realise she had it despite her preexisting lung related issues.

No models gained but I did get $75 in gift vouchers for a hobby shop up in Newcastle.  I have been on their website and have made a shortlist.  Decisions decisions decisions...
Fred