Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Barbie.
All. That.PINK!

My eyes, my eyes...

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on January 26, 2024, 03:33:06 AMWe got a tour of the collection with her special favourites being pointed out.  It's nice when people do that.  So often they seem embarrassed by their obsessions and don't want to share or assume you won't be interested.

It is nice indeed  :thumbsup:  Helps them if you have a passion as well
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 26, 2024, 04:14:48 AM
Quote from: zenrat on January 26, 2024, 03:33:06 AMWith today being Australia Day and thus a public holiday we went out to friends for a barbecue lunch.

Shouldn't that be a BARBIEQUE lunch?  ;D

No, Margot Robbie was not in attendance. :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 26, 2024, 04:14:48 AM
Quote from: zenrat on January 26, 2024, 03:33:06 AMWith today being Australia Day and thus a public holiday we went out to friends for a barbecue lunch.

Shouldn't that be a BARBIEQUE lunch?  ;D

Is there some kind of book laying around?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

The Wooksta!

Quote from: zenrat on November 26, 2023, 02:52:08 AMHere's a quick pic of the latest Würger with an earlier build of the same kit (Racing GB)

FW 190s by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

As far as the P4 goes I've completed assembling the part of the blade assembly which mounts to the front of the tank.  Considering the number of parts it is made up of fit is commendable.
Obviously the front of a Pz iv is a different shape to the front of a T-54 (less pointy) so I will be making some modifications.

As someone who has built an Eduard Fw 190, can you offer some advice on any pitfalls?  They look like A-5s (which is on this year's shopping list) whereas I have the F-8.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 26, 2024, 12:11:31 PM
Quote from: zenrat on November 26, 2023, 02:52:08 AMHere's a quick pic of the latest Würger with an earlier build of the same kit (Racing GB)

As far as the P4 goes I've completed assembling the part of the blade assembly which mounts to the front of the tank.  Considering the number of parts it is made up of fit is commendable.
Obviously the front of a Pz iv is a different shape to the front of a T-54 (less pointy) so I will be making some modifications.

As someone who has built an Eduard Fw 190, can you offer some advice on any pits.falls?  They look like A-5s (which is on this year's shopping list) whereas I have the F-8.

Gladly Lee.  These were A-5/A-8 kits.  My notes say;
Very sensitive to missalignments and paint thickness.  Pay attention to the fit of the undercarriage bay roof piece.  If not seated properly it will foul the lower fuselage/centre section/lower cowling piece and prevent a good tight fit.  All the smaller bits of PE (including the rudder pedals) in the cockpit can be left out as they are not visible when the fuselage is closed up. Location of the top instrument panel directly in front of the pilot is vague and as the area tapers getting it wrong will affect closure of the fuselage.  Using Eduards PE won't help as it appears to be wider than the plastic part.  The engine is completely hidden behind the cooling fan.  Don't waste time on it.  I Don't know about the F-8 kit but the A-5/A-8 has a confusing array of build options depending on the scheme being built (not that that necessarily matters to us of course) and it pays to study the destructions with a highlighter.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Finished the construction of the WOT8 today.  Stage 1 if you like.  Stage 2 is to build a load.  Stage 3 will be a figure and a base.
I'm not posting this in its own thread as it's not a whiff, just a build of a shabby survivor.

Fordson WOT8 - 4 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fordson WOT8 - 2 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

And here you can see why it needs cargo - transverse sink marks in the load bed.  Filling them would lose all the woodgrain detail but they are too obvious not to hide.

Fordson WOT8 - 7 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Rick Lowe

Wot a goodie!

Yeah, sorry/not sorry.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: zenrat on January 28, 2024, 03:00:20 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 26, 2024, 12:11:31 PM

As someone who has built an Eduard Fw 190, can you offer some advice on any pits.falls?  They look like A-5s (which is on this year's shopping list) whereas I have the F-8.

Gladly Lee.  These were A-5/A-8 kits.  My notes say;
Very sensitive to missalignments and paint thickness.  Pay attention to the fit of the undercarriage bay roof piece.  If not seated properly it will foul the lower fuselage/centre section/lower cowling piece and prevent a good tight fit.  All the smaller bits of PE (including the rudder pedals) in the cockpit can be left out as they are not visible when the fuselage is closed up. Location of the top instrument panel directly in front of the pilot is vague and as the area tapers getting it wrong will affect closure of the fuselage.  Using Eduards PE won't help as it appears to be wider than the plastic part.  The engine is completely hidden behind the cooling fan.  Don't waste time on it.  I Don't know about the F-8 kit but the A-5/A-8 has a confusing array of build options depending on the scheme being built (not that that necessarily matters to us of course) and it pays to study the destructions with a highlighter.

Many thanks.  I have done some test fitting and it looks like it falls together.  So far.  The one I have is the weekend, so no PE.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Thanks guys.  ICM kit.  Lots of delicate parts.  Only broke the LH mirror stem twice.  Fully detailed flathead V8 engine hidden under the cab.  Went together easilly despite an over the top parts breakdown and ICM including a number of incorrect sprues (for the longer wheelbase WOT6) in the box.
Still, that means lots of spares including a couple of chassis rails which will be scaleoramaed into 1/25.
Fred

zenrat

No modelling today.
Top of 37.5℃ at home but that wasn't the reason.
I went to a 13th birthday Go Karting event.  Two 10 minute sessions on an outdoor track in the sun.
Not having driven a kart for about 20 years I consider I did well but I could have done without the mild heat stroke i suffered from later in the afternoon.   :blink:
Fred

Rick Lowe

Stay safe, heat stroke is no joke.

Pellson

Quote from: zenrat on February 04, 2024, 03:10:40 AM..Two 10 minute sessions on an outdoor track in the sun.
Not having driven a kart for about 20 years I consider I did well..

Ridiculously good fun, that is! But - they're underpowered! One would really like engines powerful enough to negate any weight differences between drivers. I positively HATE being overtaken but some stick-thin teen with lousy raceline just because they can outpower me after the bends!
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

scooter

Quote from: Pellson on February 04, 2024, 08:49:51 AM
Quote from: zenrat on February 04, 2024, 03:10:40 AM..Two 10 minute sessions on an outdoor track in the sun.
Not having driven a kart for about 20 years I consider I did well..

Ridiculously good fun, that is! But - they're underpowered! One would really like engines powerful enough to negate any weight differences between drivers. I positively HATE being overtaken but some stick-thin teen with lousy raceline just because they can outpower me after the bends!
Once upon a time in the wilds of Sussex County, NJ, there was an "amusement park" that, if I remember correctly, had go karts like that.  They even had ones with aerodynamic bodies, plus boats with which to race with. 
Growing up in New Jersey, particularly if you grew up in the NYC media market, visiting - and surviving - this park, Action Park was a rite of passage.  And the most ironic thing about it?  It was a destination for class trips.  I went twice with my 7th and 8th Grade classes at the end of the school year. :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng