Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Quote from: Rheged on April 04, 2024, 09:23:33 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 04, 2024, 07:58:42 AM
Quote from: zenrat on April 04, 2024, 05:22:10 AMI have one Stratos IV (TSR2) RATO booster left from the kit which became a Myasishchev.  I am thinking of an arrangement on top of a Shackleton consisting of a rocket boosted trolley onto which the Bloodhound is mounted.  The concept being that the rocket accelerates the trolley from its starting position at the tail end of the fuselage so that by the time it reaches the cockpit it is doing over 600mph (airspeed, not relative to the Shack) and the ramjets cut in... :mellow:

Sounds good, or should I say LOUD for the Shack crew.  :o

With 4 Griffons at full blast, and all one million rivets of the venerable airframe vibrating in close formation, will the crew even hear the extra noise?   And can we assume that the launching trolley  will not come to a sudden juddering halt above the flight deck, but will in fact sail in a graceful parabola over the nose of the carrier aircraft with a parachute deploying to soften its landing;  or will it plummet to earth and cause inconvenience to innocent passers by?

The parachute will gracefully deploy, but if someone screwed up, the trolley will still go ballistic, plummeting to the earth to inconvenience both passersby *and* ARDU, with the accident investigation
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 03, 2024, 03:35:34 AMHydra tank crew primed.  I have been pondering what colour Hydra tank uniforms would have been.  Not Black (although I primed them that colour).  More likely a shade of Brown.

How about a similar shade to the uniforms worn in the Western Desert, maybe slightly darker ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

What about a deep maroon/red-wine colour? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Nick

Old Wombat

Similar, but a bit deeper/bluer.

zenrat

Tempting, but not that practical.

I dropped into my LHS today.  It's got worse.  I don't think it'll be open much longer.  In the models half of the business the shelves are almost completely empty.  Almost no aircraft kits (no Airfix at all), some armour (mostly the bigger, more expensive kits), a few ships, and the same number of cars as lat time I was there all with the same too high prices.  They'd restocked with Tamiya paints since I was last there but apparently not with kits.
Don't know about the RC side of the business as I don't go in that side.
They tell me that it's the suppliers not allocating them any deliveries but then have let slip that they will get more stock "when we can pay the bills".
Sad.  I'll hate to see them go out of business.
I didn't buy a new kit (almost no 1/72 aircraft, the armour and cars were too expensive, and none of the 1/48 armour appealed to me) although I was momentarily tempted by a 1/35 Chinook (to accompany my 1/35 Huey - but then sanity prevailed) but settled for buying some paints, glue, tape, and a couple of small scale die cast cars for mine and Mrs z's collections (volkswagens and minis respectively).

Good news on the Soo-BAR-Roo front.  I have got the complete front suspension assembles and the wheels attached and managed to have functioning steering.  The wheels don't go round but that's not something i'm too worried about.  The challenge was turning steering.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Always a shame when you see a LMS go under. Way of the world unfortunately  :-\ 
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on April 06, 2024, 04:04:52 AMTempting, but not that practical.

it hides the blood quite well. :wacko:

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 06, 2024, 07:22:55 AM
Quote from: zenrat on April 06, 2024, 04:04:52 AMTempting, but not that practical.

it hides the blood quite well. :wacko:

The Deadpool Quote springs to mind, again...  ;D

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Rick Lowe

Why is The Who song running through my head? That was used for Daihatsu in the day, not Subaru...  :unsure:

Wardukw

Fred why not just stuff a rocket booster on the arse of the bloodhound which will drop off the moment the main engine fires up ? .
Then it can be launched from under the wing of a Shackleton.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw on April 09, 2024, 12:11:19 AMFred why not just stuff a rocket booster on the arse of the bloodhound which will drop off the moment the main engine fires up ? .
Then it can be launched from under the wing of a Shackleton.

Well I do have one Stratos IV (TSR2) ZELL booster left.  They are huge.  Nearly as big as the Bloodhound's main body.

I've been putting more stickers on the Cosmo Falcon.  The Roos i put on a while ago but now i'm stencilling.
Intriguingly it has NO STEP stencils on the underside of the wings (not added at the time of the picture).  That'll be because its a space fighter and those are the sections where zero gravity space boots won't grip. :mellow:
This pic was when I paused to dog walk and eat yesterday.  I've since finished.  Orange masking substance is dayglo playdoh.  It's there to keep clear out of the mating surfaces and cockpit.
Painting the various individual white parts separately has paid off and given me the variations in shades I was after.
Cosmo Falcon WIP 13-04-2024 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

DogfighterZen

That's looking very good, Fred.  :thumbsup:
That ship is interesting... i'm having thoughts about one as a development of Buck Roger's Starfighter or another design from the same factory...  :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"