Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

I haven't ridden a free standing push bike since my late thirties, I suppose exercise bikes in the gym don't count but when I was on my way to Southwark College I used pass by a bike shop.
Posh bikes with a very pricey price tags.
I'm currently considering getting a trike,more stability as I know that it hurts when I fall over.

Rick Lowe

And more stable for pulling a trailer - full of Stash additions, naturally...  ;D  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Quote from: McColm on August 12, 2024, 06:08:51 AMI haven't ridden a free standing push bike since my late thirties, I suppose exercise bikes in the gym don't count but when I was on my way to Southwark College I used pass by a bike shop.
Posh bikes with a very pricey price tags.
I'm currently considering getting a trike,more stability as I know that it hurts when I fall over.

Yeah, tell me about it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on August 11, 2024, 04:31:05 AMNot Sturmey Archer but Deralleur.  In the old days when we were young(er) you shifted these by moving a lever which pulled the cable which moved the chain to the next sprocket.  You stopped moving the lever when you were in the next gear.  If you moved it too far you got the gear after the one you wanted.  You learnt to judge how much to move the lever.
This is apparently too difficult for modern cyclists who have to have indexed push button ratchet devices that enable them to click up and down without paying attention to what they are doing.  This is what went wrong, not the gears.

Thanks. That's, that's the way we did it, I understand now  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Some paint arrived today.
Two bottles of Sky Blue Vallejo acrylic for Tophe builds.
A rattle can of Tamiya TS-53 Metallic Dark Blue.
A jar of Zero Paints Kawasaki Mean Green lacquer.  Back when I was a young impressionable biker this was the only colour to paint a Kawasaki.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

The 1/25 Fiero i've been working on has reached the stage of having its body painted.

Aquamarine over Champagne Gold (sorry Phill, I know how you dislike gold).  Both lacquers by SMS.  This is it freshly unmasked.

Fiero WIP 19-08-24 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

It looks even betterer in daylight and to the naked eye - a bit more green.
Fred

zenrat

VBL has its wheels.  And they all rotate!

VBL WIP 25-08-2024 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

I've also started one of these...

...because i want to build a car I won't get sucked into detailing and modifying and re-engining.
These are kerbside (no engine) kits with very generic chassis', RHD dashes (no need to convert) which are already lowered (might get lower at the back though).  Body is already in primer after a little clean up and shaving of scripts and removing the shrouded parts of the rear wheelarches.  Biggest job has been gluing a filler piece into a hole in the tub and filling the gaps.  Not sure why there was a hole there but the floor of the bed is corrugated meaning it was a lady dog to sand.  Solution was to scratchbuild either a tonneau or a toolbox to hide this.  I chose a toolbox and got it 95% completed today.
Paint job will be three colour with a satin finish.
Probably.  It's currently in Tamiya Pink Primer.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on August 25, 2024, 04:49:06 AMVBL has its wheels.  And they all rotate!

In the same direction ?  ;)

Looking good  :thumbsup:

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 26, 2024, 05:29:38 AM
Quote from: zenrat on August 25, 2024, 04:49:06 AMVBL has its wheels.  And they all rotate!

In the same direction ?  ;)

Looking good  :thumbsup:

3 speeds forward, 5 reverse  :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

I know the tyres are not fitted the same way round, but that is how the destructions show them.

Spent most of my bench time before work today on this.  Painting fiddley bits, touching up paint etc.

I feel it needs a figure with it.  Can anyone point me towards 1/35 modern French troops?
Fred

NARSES2

zenrat

:thumbsup:

On an unrelated note, why do I always run out of one specific paint colour the day after I have placed an order with the LHS?

Fred