Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Glad there wasn't too much damage.

Would it be worth pre-empting any further instances and gluing all the pegs in now?
Just a thought...

Is there a spare Harvard in your Stash(tm)? That could work for the u/c legs.

Pellson

Quote from: zenrat on September 17, 2024, 04:55:37 AMDisaster struck..

Oooaaah! Nightmare!!

Glad that the damage sustained seems to be so limited.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

zenrat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 17, 2024, 10:47:57 PMGlad there wasn't too much damage.

Would it be worth pre-empting any further instances and gluing all the pegs in now?
Just a thought...

That would be the sensible thing to do.  But sensible is not something I excel at...
The shelving is due a reorganisation and insertion of additional shelves (running out of space again) so i'll glue the pegs then.  Probably.

Good news is I found the glue bombed Boomerang the Nephew gave me and it has two intact but detached UC legs.

Bad news is I was wrong about Eduard's resin MiG 15 cockpit fitting Eduard's styrene MiG 15 fuselage.  Having assembled the cockpit it refused to fit without some serious trimming of both it and the fuselage.  I think i've got it into a state where it will fit but location is now a bit vague if its just sitting in one half or the other so I have glued the fuselage halves together before fitting it and will slide it in and glue it in place when the glue is dry.  I must remember to add weight to the cockpit before fitting it.

Here is an in progress pic of the Battle.  This was a few days ago and it now has bodywork over the intercooler intake (the gap in front of the cockpit) and PSR has begun.  Clear parts are just sat in place.
Fairey Battle WIP 18-09-24 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Glad the damage wasn't to serious, and your  talk of a Boomerang reminds me I have a Special Hobby one somewhere. Need to look it up.

The Battle is interesting. When you mentioned the Blenheim turret origionaly I thought you were going to truncate the canopy and site it either where the radio op/gunner currently sits in the freezing cold, or even do away with the third crew member and truncate the cockpit area even more drasticaly. I was wrong obviously  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on Yesterday at 05:44:57 AMI was wrong obviously  ;D

To be fair though, this is Fred we're chatting with... all usual bets are off. ;)

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on Yesterday at 10:25:51 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on Yesterday at 05:44:57 AMI was wrong obviously  ;D

To be fair though, this is Fred we're chatting with... all usual bets are off. ;)

Suppose so  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I don't hold with betting.  It is the opium of the weak minded.

I have sited the turret roughly where the "normal" defensive gun is sited.  I feel this would balance the additional weight of the two/two Merlin and thus retain the centre of gravity.
It got its first primer coat today.  Immediately highlighting where more filler is needed.

I remembered to put some weight into the front go the resin MiG 15 cockpit this morning.  I also had a good hard captains at the destructions and realised there is an injection moulded subassembly, which I need to build and fit into the resin cockpit, which isn't shown on the separate resin parts destructions.  So if one didn't pay attention, think ahead, and cross reference the two sets of paperwork one could end up with no nose gear bay and nowhere to attach the nose wheel to.
I'm beginning to think that I should have got the Weekend kit of the MiG 15 as all this extra detail, while looking great, is making it more complicated to build, not adding any pleasure, and in the end will be mostly hidden from sight.
However, I am a stubborn bugger and will persevere.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..