Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

IT FITS!

:drink:  :cheers:  :party:  :drink:

Much of the structure of the resin tub, those parts of it which aren't visible when all is closed up, is now on the shed floor.  But everything fits - tub into fuse, under nose plate into fuse, and nose ring/splitter into fuse.
I've glued the tub into the fuselage, but only at the back around the rear bulkhead.  This allows a bit of wiggle room still at the front and also means that is something has shifted it'll be easy to remove and try again.

The Eduard MiG 15 is a 2013 mould according to Scalemates.  Positively brand new compared to some of kits in my stash...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Glad you got it sorted  :thumbsup:

Quote from: zenrat on September 21, 2024, 03:08:01 AMThe Eduard MiG 15 is a 2013 mould according to Scalemates.  Positively brand new compared to some of kits in my stash...

Still 11 year ago and Eduard have been on a preaty steep learning curve ever since they first got into kit production, as have a fair few of the other Czech "Limited Run" producers  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 20, 2024, 07:25:51 AM
Quote from: Pellson on September 20, 2024, 06:48:14 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 20, 2024, 02:02:06 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 19, 2024, 09:55:24 PM
Quote from: zenrat on September 19, 2024, 03:43:09 AMHowever, I am a stubborn bugger and will persevere.

I think we can all put our hands up for that...  ;D

In the Whiffing game we HAVE to be or we'd never get anything done!

Do we get much done?  ;)  ;D

I know I don't! :rolleyes:

Not as much as I would like, or intend to... :banghead:

zenrat

On a roll now.
Intake ring/splitter has been glued in place after fettling the resin intake ducts where they meet.
And after assembling the wings and wedging in place the stabs I managed fit enough heavy glue in the intakes adjacent to the cockpit tub and under the floor to prevent tail sitting.

Wanting something quick and easy (the Battle was intended to fill this niche but I got carried away) I've pulled out a Meng Egg J-15 which I finished assembling today and which will get a primer coat tomorrow.  I am hoping PSR will be limited to the horizontal seam on the radar nose.
My current thought on paint is something based on an RAAF Hornet (the tiger meet scheme?) but this may not survive my doing "research".
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Before repairing the Boomerang I decided to deal with the yellowed and silvered transfers (IIRC they were the original Airfix set).
CAC Boomerang Wreckscue 23-09-24 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
CAC Boomerang Wreckscue 23-09-24 03 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Rather than remove and replace them I thought i'd have a go touching them up by hand.
The white was easy to match...
CAC Boomerang Wreckscue 23-09-24 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

...as were the blue and the brown from my usual Vallejo paints but I couldn't find a match for the green.  No idea what I used (maybe I mixed something up).  So I overpainted all of it with a fresh coat of Life Colour Foliage Green (from an RAAF set I got a while back and haven't tried until now).
CAC Boomerang Wreckscue 23-09-24 04 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

I also cleared the Fiero body and the Hilux body, mowed the grass, played with the dog, spent half an hour sitting day dreaming in the back yard, PSRed the Battle and the J-15, and did nothing to the MiG 15.
Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on Yesterday at 04:30:04 AMI also cleared the Fiero body and the Hilux body, mowed the grass, played with the dog, spent half an hour sitting day dreaming in the back yard, PSRed the Battle and the J-15, and did nothing to the MiG 15.

What a full and comprehensive life you lead Fred.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on Yesterday at 04:54:52 AM
Quote from: zenrat on Yesterday at 04:30:04 AMI also cleared the Fiero body and the Hilux body, mowed the grass, played with the dog, spent half an hour sitting day dreaming in the back yard, PSRed the Battle and the J-15, and did nothing to the MiG 15.

What a full and comprehensive life you lead Fred.  ;D

I work Satyrday and then get Monday off.  I like to make use of my time.
Fred

NARSES2

Boomerang's looking good  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on Yesterday at 05:30:53 AMI work Satyrday and then get Monday off.  I like to make use of my time.

Getting ready for Halloween ? Bit early though I would have thought  :angel:

zenrat

Thanks Chris.  The transfers have been bugging me for a while.  The shelf dropping on it was a blessing in disguise.

Fred

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on Yesterday at 05:34:09 AM
Quote from: zenrat on Yesterday at 05:30:53 AMI work Satyrday and then get Monday off.  I like to make use of my time.

Getting ready for Halloween ? Bit early though I would have thought  :angel:

We've already got folks with their Halloween yard decor up.  The 12' skeletons seem to be a favorite this year.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kerick

I like the small skeletons crawling up a wall. I saw a house with a manikin dressed in work clothes hanging off the gutters and a ladder laying on the ground.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

scooter

Quote from: kerick on Yesterday at 06:34:22 AMI like the small skeletons crawling up a wall. I saw a house with a manikin dressed in work clothes hanging off the gutters and a ladder laying on the ground.

That's always a classic.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on Yesterday at 05:32:42 AMBoomerang's looking good  :thumbsup:

Boomerangs always look good! ;D  :wub:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

I've always had an idea of stretching a Boomerang..slimming it out so to speck.
Last time I looked 48th scale Boomerangs were few and far between.
Hell I'm having enough fun trying to find a 1/16th scale Ford big block V8  :banghead:  :o
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .