Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Are you thinking of the movie or the series?

I'll paint the figures first, and then move the Torino up the build queue.  I'd also like to build Hutch's car but I don't know of a '73 Galaxie 500 kit in 1/25.

Put some transfers on the Boxcar.
Fairchild C119 Flying Boxcar WIP 19-04-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

I've also progressed on the '60 Chevy ute.  It's just about ready for body paint but i'm waiting for the paint to arrive.  I'm doing a special Melbourne inspired paint job.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on April 19, 2020, 03:41:39 AM

Are you thinking of the movie or the series?

Darned if I can remember, it was a LONG time ago.

The Boxcar's coming on a treat.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Why thanks man.  That's like, groovy of you.

✌🏼

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

"Too cool!" is the term I'd use. ;) :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

zenrat

A size comparison.  Both 1/72.
P-47 & I-15 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

PR19_Kit

That P-47's one big mother of an aeroplane!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 23, 2020, 05:34:11 AM
That P-47's one big mother of an aeroplane!  :o

7 tons of Jug.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

This weekend i've been working on the Sea Witch.
Mrs z has suggested I should give it a Steampunk makeover but I've had to reluctantly say no as i'm building it for her brother who paid about $200 for it (I think they saw him coming TBH).
It's almost worth doing just to see his face.  He'd hate it, but he's to polite to say anything and he'd struggle not to show it on his face.
Anyway, i'm working my way through the rather complex instructions (written, but with diagrams for some stages, on different pages.  All printed double sided on loose sheets of A3 paper) and have got to the stage of painting and fitting the bowsprit.  Next after that is the anchors plus some stairs and railings.  I'm nearly at the masts which will be a major step forward.

I have also thrown this together.  1/48 SU-122 by Tamiya.  PDRV Republican Guard.
SU-122 WIP 26-04-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

NARSES2

I built a fair bit of that Tamiya 1/48 armour back in the day. Always enjoyed it and it's an ideal scale for tanks and things me thinks.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fitted the  bowsprit onto the Sea Witch and attached chains which run between it and the hull.  This took ages fiddling about with copper rings and wire.  Even with the correct specs I was having trouble seeing what I was doing.  The problem is this Clipper Ship is too large for my bench, even before I add the masts, and the lighting where it is isn't good. I need to "borrow" Mrs z's cyclops torch.

I've started a Special Hobby Seafire 47 (to be RAN FAA) and have been struggling with the fit the control panel.  Today i've glued the fuselage halves so I can file the panel to fit and slide it in from below.
This isn't for the Navy GB as it'll be RW (or close to it - it might be a RW warbird).

Did some painting on the SU-122 crewman.

Continued putting transfers on the Boxcar.  The walkways and stencils from the kit.  I got the top of the fuselage and one wing done.

Fred

Old Wombat

RAN FAA Seafire 47 can't be RW, Fred. We never had Seafires. :unsure:

The first RAN FAA fighter was the stupendous Hawker Sea Fury. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 02, 2020, 07:33:25 AM
RAN FAA Seafire 47 can't be RW, Fred. We never had Seafires. :unsure:

The first RAN FAA fighter was the stupendous Hawker Sea Fury. :thumbsup:

OK.  Wasn't sure.  Is, or was there an Australian based Seafire Warbird?
I might give it one of the Auster Killers rego then.
Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Flyer on May 02, 2020, 08:02:57 AM

Edit: Col Pay not Cole Pay, damn predictive text  :banghead:

You're lucky it didn't predict 'Cold Play'.  ;D

Regards
Kit