Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Todays progress.

Boxcar is up on her own legs.
SAC white metal legs which I am not sure are any stronger than the original plastic ones as they bend very easilly.
Boxcar WIP 10-05-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
I must remember to paint the insides of those inlets on the leading edges (air intakes?  Oil coolers? Scooby Snack dispensers?).

One of my cohort of 60 Chevy Utes is now painted in Melbourne W Class Tram colours.  I painted the cream just before temperatures plummeted and have only just sorted out heating the painting corner of the shed enough to allow me to continue.  I used to have one of those heaters with the ceramic matrices on the front of a pressed tin box on wheels in which a 9kg gas bottle sat.  But the ceramic failed and because the heater was dirt cheap it wasn't replaceable.  I couldn't buy a new one because as we live in a nanny state non flued gas heaters are illegal.  I do have an industrial gas fired fan heater (not illegal because apparently being made for industrial use no-one will think of putting in their house) but my shed is only 6m x 9m and is really too small a space to use it in safely.
However, Mrs z recently threw out a small electric fan heater which i am now using.
60 Chevy Ute WIP 10-05-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Sea Witch is nearly at the point where I start on the masts.
Sea Witch WIP 10-05-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

And here is the Surfer on his board.
Surf Gundam WIP 10-05-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

ericr

PR19_Kit

A wide range of subjects in build there Fred, you really are The Universal Modeller.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 10, 2020, 04:51:07 AM
A wide range of subjects in build there Fred, you really are The Universal Modeller.  :thumbsup:

Very much so, a true Grand Miscellany  :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Not sure about that.  While I detail painted 1/35 armour today I didn't touch a motorbike or spaceship kit.  Both of which I have in the stash.

I like to think myself a jack of all trades.  I just like building models.  I'm looking forward to retirement so I can let myself get back into model railways... ;) ;D
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 10, 2020, 05:34:31 AM
  I'm looking forward to retirement so I can let myself get back into model railways... ;) ;D

What like my dad ? Once he retired, and before, with mine, he always thought he could run the system better than his employers of 35 years or so British Rail  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I never gave them up, both model and full size.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Generally, "Wow!", Fred, but especially the C-119. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

jcf

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on May 10, 2020, 02:26:53 AM
Todays progress.

Boxcar is up on her own legs.
SAC white metal legs which I am not sure are any stronger than the original plastic ones as they bend very easilly.
Boxcar WIP 10-05-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
I must remember to paint the insides of those inlets on the leading edges (air intakes?  Oil coolers? Scooby Snack dispensers?).
Jinkies! 

HB really could have used one to explain just how Mystery Inc. bounced around the (post-apocalyptic hellscape of the) US.

Quote from: zenrat on May 10, 2020, 02:26:53 AM
One of my cohort of 60 Chevy Utes is now painted in Melbourne W Class Tram colours. 
60 Chevy Ute WIP 10-05-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Looks like SEPTA's (possibly) late Route 15 PCC II scheme
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

Boxcar is nearly done.  Just got to put a lick of paint on all the little aerials I attached today.
While attaching doors (UC doors, access door and rear loading doors) and pin washing the control surface panel gaps the resemblance struck me between the C119 and Thunderbird 2.
If I ever get another then maybe it'll get the detachable pod and an International Rescue paintjob.

While looking for pictures of the Boxcar or Packet that I remember with a detachable cargo pod I found this, which is cute.
Fred

Captain Canada

The Boxcar is looking great ! Love the scheme.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on May 12, 2020, 04:25:35 AM

If I ever get another then maybe it'll get the detachable pod and an International Rescue paintjob.

The C-120 Pack Plane lives!  :thumbsup:  ;D

Regards
Kit