Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 12, 2020, 01:13:13 AM

One other squadron, however, seems to have painted their ailerons & elevators yellow, for some reason.

Perhaps for identification during an exercise? There was a fad for doing things like that for a while in the 50s-60s.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Revised Seafire wing root demarkation lines and fuselage masked.

Seafire 47 WIP 13-06-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TallEng

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 12, 2020, 04:10:26 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on June 12, 2020, 01:13:13 AM

One other squadron, however, seems to have painted their ailerons & elevators yellow, for some reason.

Perhaps for identification during an exercise? There was a fad for doing things like that for a while in the 50s-60s.

I believe that particular Unit also used yellow codes and was a second line training unit, so probably to make the aircraft stand out a bit to others? Particularly with learner drivers bimbling around the circuit.

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

zenrat

That make sense.  Thanks Keith.

Seafire demasked.
Seafire WIP 14-06-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

And i've also been working on this Jag.
Jaguar WIP14-06-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on June 14, 2020, 04:20:19 AM
Seafire demasked.

unmasked ?

beautiful pattern on the Jag : is it your design, or found somewhere in RW?

DogfighterZen

Both are looking good but the camo on the Jag is beautiful! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Quote from: ericr on June 14, 2020, 04:31:20 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 14, 2020, 04:20:19 AM
Seafire demasked.

unmasked ?

beautiful pattern on the Jag : is it your design, or found somewhere in RW?

Unmasked = I took off the masking tape.  No hidden meanings Eric, just an english word with (like so many) two meanings.

The Jaguar pattern is from my imagination using Israeli colours.  It is going to be an RAAF aircraft.  It struck me that colours suitable for Palestine would also work well over Australia.  Glad you like it.

Fred

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 14, 2020, 05:37:08 AM
Both looking good mate

I'd go one better & say "excellent"! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Thanks guys.

Other than some minor touch ups on the Seafire I made no progress on these today as I was concentrating on the Autogiro.
Fred

zenrat

Talk elsewhere of Jaguar sedan deliveries brought this to mind.
I scratchbuilt the rear body onto a 1/25 Revell '86 Chevy Monte Carlo.
These are the only pics.  It's currently in bits in a box as I wasn't happy with my paint and bodywork and decided to redo it.
2010-04-24 at 12-24-29 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
2010-04-24 at 12-26-56 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
2010-04-24 at 11-56-36 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
2010-04-24 at 11-56-58 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

PR19_Kit

Ooooh, I LIKE that panel Monte Carlo!  :thumbsup: :wub:

That's an interesting engine, a turbocharged OHC V8?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

It's the engine Revell put in it Kit, which was small block chevy fuelled by a single throttle body fuel injection system with cold air induction.
The only picture I can find of it on line has dirty great big boto phucket watermarks across it.

Fred

TheChronicOne

Love the Jag and the Carlo.
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Now the 1wgb is over work will recommence on the Panther and the Seafire and the Jag.
I also have a few car builds I should get on with and a tank I need to weather.
And then all too soon it'll be the Prototype GB.  I may try and limit myself to only one large entry for that (famous last words).

Fred