Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 27, 2020, 07:59:51 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 27, 2020, 04:48:31 AM

I have taped the ends closed and cut three sides of the top so it now opens properly.

What a great idea! Well done Fred.   :thumbsup:

I think I'll adopt that with my next Revell build.

I just transfer the contents into freezer/fridge trays, suitably cleaned out of course. The ones that contain standard portions of mince etc are just about spot on size wise  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 28, 2020, 05:10:23 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 27, 2020, 07:59:51 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 27, 2020, 04:48:31 AM

I have taped the ends closed and cut three sides of the top so it now opens properly.

What a great idea! Well done Fred.   :thumbsup:

I think I'll adopt that with my next Revell build.

I just transfer the contents into freezer/fridge trays, suitably cleaned out of course. The ones that contain standard portions of mince etc are just about spot on size wise  :thumbsup:

For a 1/72 Victor?  That's a lot of mince...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 28, 2020, 05:24:29 AM

Ah right  ;D The larger Revell boxes are even more a p.i.a.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on June 28, 2020, 05:24:29 AM

Too right!  :o

I'm just working up on an ex FROG Revell Shackleton MR3 (the one with the rivet breeding colony all over the sprues...) for the Proto GB and that would need half a cow's worth of tray, it's a BIG box!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

I want to see more of the Jag.  :wub:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

It's coming along Brad C.  Just fiddley bits left.  I've decided on the load out and so also have to paint that.  Drop tank is from a Tamiya (nee italeri) Jag and is terrible, needing a shed load of putty.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Proceeded nicely with the Jag's fiddley bits today.  Won't be long now.

I also was motivated to progress with adapting a 1/35 Minicraft V-55 tank engine (originally intended for a Soviet T-54) to 1/25 hot rod use.
As the original was 38.8 litres this will represent a 14 litre engine in 1/25.  Seems a nice capacity - 875ci.
V55 Engine WIP 05-07-2020 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
I have attached a resin (www.thepartsbox) Top Loader manual transmission and clutch to the rear of the engine.
Here it is up held up against a 1/25 six cylinder Chevrolet engine (either 235 or 261 ci) by scale reference riot squad officer.
V55 Engine WIP 05-07-2020 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on July 05, 2020, 01:49:01 AM

I also was motivated to progress with adapting a 1/35 Minicraft V-55 tank engine (originally intended for a Soviet T-54) to 1/25 hot rod use.
As the original was 38.8 litres this will represent a 14 litre engine in 1/25.  Seems a nice capacity - 875ci.

Tricky maths, but I see where you're coming from Fred.  :thumbsup:

875 cc works very well, most of my (many...) Hillman Imp engines started off at that size.  ;D

That's one BEEFY engine you've picked there, most impressive.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Not 875 cubic centimetres Kit.  14 litres is equal to 875 Cubic Inches...

Whichever chassis I end up using I will have to stretch it a touch.  Might be easier to scratchbuild one to fit the body I decide to use.
Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on July 05, 2020, 05:14:32 AM

Not 875 cubic centimetres Kit.  14 litres is equal to 875 Cubic Inches...

Oh right, silly me.  :banghead:

Of course I'm now thinking of a 14 litre Imp..............  ;) ;) ;)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

That would be VERY tail heavy.
Fun to drive in the wet.

I forgot to say yesterday, I have nearly finished stage one of the Sea Witch.  This is the Hull and Superstructure.  All I have left to do is attach and rig the bumpkins (I kid you not, this is apparently a real nautical term) and put some transfers on the bows and the stern.
Then its onto the masts.

Jag is crawling slowly to the finish.  I should get her legs on tomorrow and finish the paint on the UC doors and air brakes and missiles.

Fred

Old Wombat

Speaking of Jag's, saw one last week on the road (1974-ish XJ-6, I think) whilst going to Allington's with my youngest daughter (I appear to have raised a quasi-country chick) that was painted grey with a shark's (jaguar's?) mouth & eyes on the front quarter panels. Looked cool for the few seconds I got to see it.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 06, 2020, 04:02:38 AM
All I have left to do is attach and rig the bumpkins (I kid you not, this is apparently a real nautical term)

I swear that the real reason half these naval items have such amusing names is that in the age of sail there was plenty of time to come up with them whilst sailing the Atlantic, let alone the Pacific  :rolleyes:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 06, 2020, 05:59:38 AM

Speaking of Jag's, saw one last week on the road (1974-ish XJ-6, I think) whilst going to Allington's with my youngest daughter (I appear to have raised a quasi-country chick) that was painted grey with a shark's (jaguar's?) mouth & eyes on the front quarter panels. Looked cool for the few seconds I got to see it.

Get Glenn on the case. He'll track it down and take pics.  ;D ;)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred