Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Quote from: Nick on July 15, 2020, 02:40:40 PM
Quote from: scooter on July 15, 2020, 10:12:28 AM

I still want to know why, if its tourist season here in Jersey, we can't take potshots at the tourists?

If your tourist season is anything like ours this year, there is nothing to shoot at. But I have asked that at work in previous years and the boss just says "no".

Unfortunately, we've got border jumpers from all over New York, PA, Maryland, and Delaware. :angry:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

I get confused.  Is it duck season or rabbit season?

A bit of fiddling this morning before work.  Returned my attentions to the 1/72 Mercedes W150.  I've mated the body and the chassis, primed the wheels, and matt cleared the interior.
I also sanded putty off the Lavotchkin La-5 (the Zvezda one) and primed it.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

NARSES2

;D ;D

Quote from: Rheged on July 15, 2020, 07:55:54 AM

On 12th August, one can start shooting grouse.  Does that mean we can start taking pot-shots at Frenchmen on and after 14th July???

I have a book titled "A 1,000 Years of Annoying the French" I'll check.

Interestingly initially during and immediately after the start of the Revolution the U.K. was quite supportive of it. If it had led to a Constitutional Monarchy then who knows the path history would have taken. Probably not much different from what happened in our trouser leg of time, to borrow from Pratchett, but who knows ?

Looking forward to the La-5 mate. Realised I'd not built anything Soviet in ages and Arma have a couple of Yaks. Might take a look

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 16, 2020, 06:10:48 AM
;D ;D

On 12th August, one can start shooting grouse.  Does that mean we can start taking pot-shots at Frenchmen on and after 14th July???

Agreed, that's a most enjoyable book. Not only do I have it, I bought my sister one. (Her degree is French and Russian)
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

Quote from: Rheged on July 16, 2020, 06:38:03 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 16, 2020, 06:10:48 AM
;D ;D

Agreed, that's a most enjoyable book. Not only do I have it, I bought my sister one. (Her degree is French and Russian)

I too have a copy.

Seafire is finished.  Although there are a couple of transfers I could put on the undercarriage doors.

I have both La-5 and MiG-3 in primer and needing more PSR.

Mercedes wheels and grille painted gloss black today in preparation for alclad chrome.

Chevy ute got a second coat of paint on the inside of the cab.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

La-5 MiG-3 WIP 18-07-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Also today I put the remaining transfers onto the UC doors of the Seafire.  Pictures tomorrow.

More work on the Chevy ute.  Priming the last few components to be painted and trying to make a decision about the colour of the wheels.

While rearranging some shelves I moved a Trumpeter Tu-22 (very tempting to dive straight in - marvellous, and huge, aircraft) and stopped to read the bumf on the side of the box.
20200718_182300 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

scooter

Looks like someone is taking lessons from WG.net
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

Old Wombat

Written in the best traditions of inscrutable Chinglish instructions. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

I like the idea of a Gold KH-22.  I may paint it that way when I build the thing.

Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on July 18, 2020, 04:53:59 AM

I like the idea of a Gold KH-22.

Does that count as 'heavy metal'?  ;D

Those 'instructions' are a hoot!  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 18, 2020, 04:53:59 AM
I like the idea of a Gold KH-22.  I may paint it that way when I build the thing.

Maybe they discovered that when it exploded the subsequent reaction in the warhead acted as the legendary Philosophers Stone. Only problem was that it only stayed that way for a mili second  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ChernayaAkula

If you have a max thrust if 22000 (!) kN, but can only attain a max speed of Mach 1.5, fire your aerodynamics department. All of it!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Rick Lowe

Ah, the joys of Engrish...

zenrat

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on July 18, 2020, 06:18:16 AM
If you have a max thrust if 22000 (!) kN, but can only attain a max speed of Mach 1.5, fire your aerodynamics department. All of it!

But promote your engine designers.

Boneyards.
I was poking around on Goggle Earth yesterday trying to find the boneyard where they are putting all the retired Boeing 747s.
Didn't find it but I did find Davis-Monthan AFB in Arizona with a huge range of US military aircraft.  Eagles, Starfighters, Intruders, B52s, Lancers, Phantoms, Tweets and even a couple of WB-57s.

32° 9'40.56"N 110°50'9.06"W

Fred