Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on September 21, 2020, 02:30:11 PM
It also depends how one defines the colour turquoise.  :wacko:

It seems even the Soviet aircraft manufacturers couldn't agree on the definition of turquoise.  ;D They vary quite a lot. Some are more greenish, while others are more or less light blue with little to no green hue. Anyone selling a generic, catch-all "Soviet/Russian cockpit turquoise" is straight up lying. It may be correct for one type, but definitely won't be for another.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

zenrat

Just googling MiG-25 cockpit gets these different shades (although that could be due to image editing).

So, which one is "right"?

Trick question, none of them and all of them.
;)

1/72 Merc now has its bumpers attached.

Mi-4 has it's legs on.  These are rather fragile and I am concerned I am going to snap at least one off before I am finished.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

The LH one looks most like the Tu-134's cockpit colour.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Hell I'd just call it "a blue/green." To me it's a blue but it's such a shade/tint that it's sort of ambiguous. But uhhh... it's kinda like some of the eggs the little bird lay. They call the color "robin's egg blue" or whatever but like I said.... it's a pretty ambiguous and open for interpretation.

-Sprues McDuck-

jcf

The cockpit colour has a huge visible variation based on lighting, it shifts all over the
place and photos of exactly the same aircraft can look very different.

zenrat

I'm not arguing.  I'm quite happy with my home made mix and i'll continue to keep using it until I run out and then i'll make some more which will be similar.

The recipe if anyone is interested is Vallejo Model Colour 70808 Blue Green + 70857 Golden Olive.  Adjust proportions until happy.

To my eyes, wearing my distance glasses, on this laptop, at night, under artificial light, after a full day's work the eggs look blue.

Mi-4 legs and wheel hubs painted today.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Fred

PR19_Kit

A great looking model for sure, but I still think the Mi-4 is a singularly ugly aeroplane, sadly.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Utilitarian, but certainly not pretty.  There are uglier choppers.  CH-37 for example.

Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on September 26, 2020, 04:32:12 AM

There are uglier choppers.  CH-37 for example.

There we're in total agreement.

But the -37 is SO ugly it's good.  ;D

I've got a Special Hobby Marines one in The Loft, and I quite want to build it as it's just SO weird. 

Regards
Kit

zenrat

MI-4 isn't ugly, just plain.  Although the gondola doesn't help things.
I have a Special Hobby US Army boxing.  We should both build them together some time.
I am torn between different ways to build it.
Eating a truck...

...civilian...

...or bodysnatching a dead flying banananana.

Fred

NARSES2

Love the photo of it eating a truck  ;D

And as for the "body snatching", it's good to see the guys on the ground paying their respects  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Yes, the -37's one AWESOME machine, but it sure isn't pretty.

I rather like the 'cross eyed' look that many of the USMC machines were painted in. My kit even has decals for it.  ;D

Quite a logical Whiff would be a turbine engined one, but that wouldn't leave any room for 'cross eyes'. :(

Regards
Kit

jcf

I walked through this machine at Pima years ago, when they still allowed it, and it's even more marvelously
bizzare up close.   

:thumbsup:

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 27, 2020, 07:18:45 AM
...Quite a logical Whiff would be a turbine engined one, but that wouldn't leave any room for 'cross eyes'. :(

One could use CH-53 engines.

Mi-4 is close to the end.  I've begun painting the rotors.  when they are done I will be weathering this a touch.  I want it to look a bit shabby.

Fred