Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I looked it up, and the series II W150s (also called 770s apparently  :-\) did have De Dion rear suspension with wishbones and coil springs at the front.

And doing that in 1/72 scale is almost miraculous!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Turning to some of the many in progress builds that litter the corner of my shed where I work I have picked up on some cars.
Work on the Starsky & Hutch "Striped Tomato" has reached the point where I need to paint the body.  I've got it primed in pink and today masked and put red in the engine compartment and on the underside of the bonnet.
I also painted the body for the Engine No.13 Show Rod.  This is the second paint job after I screwed up and then stripped off the first attempt.  It's obviously cursed because the black I put on reacted with the grey primer.
20201010_162638 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Smooooooooooooth!  :-\  I'll sand this back and re prime with a different primer and have another go.

Realising I don't have a 1/72 fuel truck for Dadswell Bridge (not one that isn't either a half track or carrying red stars and cyrillic script anyway) I have begun putting one together from bits and pieces.  It would obviously have been easiest to just build the 1/76 AEC Matador from the Battle of Britain set but it has a slightly warped chassis, I used the wheels on an aircraft, and where's the fun on that anyway.
So i'll be putting its fuel tank onto a 1/72 Academy deuce and a half chassis with a 1/76 Airfix Bedford cab.

Since finishing the Bogong for the Prototype GB I had no current aircraft build on the bench.  Can't have that so i've dug out one of the kits that has been in my stash for the longest - one of these.

Love that Supermodel logo.
I also thought it was about time I built one of the  French aircraft i've been buying so i've also started on one of these.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

That screwed up paintwork has an almost leather look to it. Bet you couldn't get it if you wanted it to look like that ?  :rolleyes:

I to have always liked the Supermodel logo  :thumbsup: As for the Breguet ? Take your time and it goes together o.k.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I was reading the letters pages of very old copies of Airfix magazine on line last night and one of the tips was that if you thin humbrol enamel with dope thinners then it wrinkles the underlying plastic to make it look like fabric.
Hmmmmm, don't think i'll be trying that.

How does one pronounce Breguet?

Breh-gay?

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

jcf

According to a couple of French sites it sounds most like 'Bre-GE' with a short 'eh' sound on the first
and a short 'a' sound on the second 'e'.
However I have no doubt that it can vary depending on where in France, or Switzerland, the speaker
lives.
;D

zenrat

Definitely not "Breg-you-ette" then?

:-\

Fred

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on October 10, 2020, 04:16:29 PM
How does one pronounce Breguet?

Breh-gay?

this sounds like it, but the "ay" should be kept short indeed, as in "get" with no "t"

zenrat

Merci Eric.
Bits and pieces today.  Couldn't really get into anything.  Not being able to go anywhere due to this stupid virus is bugging me.
Went for a walk down to the foreshore with Mrs z (that counts as exercise which is allowed) which put me in a bit better mood but I still couldn't really get stuck in.

I sanded and reprimed the crackle finish car body shown above.  Tamiya grey Fine Surface Primer this time.  I can't understand why I had the reaction because i've used this paint over that primer before with no issues.  It wouldn't surprise me if they've messed with the formula of the primer though.  They like to do that when I find one I like.

I didn't paint anymore of the Red Tomato body because I felt the weather wasn't right.  I did put a touch of black wash on the wheels.  I have to make a decision with the wheels.  The kit has the right wheels (slot mags/jelly beans/fentons) but they are chromed while the car in the show has them unpolished.  I could matt them down but I like them shiny.  I need to make a decision.

A touch of filler on the CR-32 fuselage.  It's not a bad fit and didn't need too much.  I also drilled out the gun channels above the engine.  I am toying with the idea of making this one Catalonian so I can put red and yellow and blue on it.

Painted the inside of the Breguet and glued some interior parts together.  Also the wing halves.

And some progress on the fuel truck.
Bedford 6x6 Tanker WIP 11-10-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Tank needs a touch of PSR and I have finished cutting bits of cab away to get it to fit.  The chassis (by Academy) is nicely designed and detailed and goes together well.

Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on October 11, 2020, 03:39:22 AM
Merci Eric.
Bits and pieces today.  Couldn't really get into anything.  Not being able to go anywhere due to this stupid virus is bugging me.
Went for a walk down to the foreshore with Mrs z (that counts as exercise which is allowed) which put me in a bit better mood but I still couldn't really get stuck in.

A touch of filler on the CR-32 fuselage.  It's not a bad fit and didn't need too much.  I also drilled out the gun channels above the engine.  I am toying with the idea of making this one Catalonian so I can put red and yellow and blue on it.

I wasn't aware you were still under such serious Covid control measures ? I'm used to living on my own, but if I'm honest the measures we are currently under are getting a bit depressing and we are currently relatively relaxed. Just dragged on so long with no real sign of coming out. And I'm one of the lucky ones as I've a hobby or two as my mates remind me.

Now a Catalonian CR 32 sounds interesting. Would this be an independent Catalonia ? Towards the end of the Spanish Civil War they virtually were anyway and were fighting both the Nationalist forces and the Soviet supported ones. Or is this an independent Catalonia outside the Civil War ?

zenrat

We can only leave the house to exercise, go to medical appointment, shop for essentials or go to work (at somewhere permitted to open - like a post office).
And then, we can go no more than 5km (except for medical and work but must have proof).
So I see the house, the roads from there to work and work.  And the shops.  But not my usual food shop because it is more than 5km.  I have to buy sub standard veggies.
But at least I have a job.

I haven't decided on the details for the CR-32 yet.  Maybe Catalans aligned with Basques fighting both sides for independence?
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on October 12, 2020, 01:45:49 AM

I really wasn't aware your regulations were still as strict, but as you say this is the important one.

I haven't decided on the details for the CR-32 yet.  Maybe Catalans aligned with Basques fighting both sides for independence?

Would certainly be an interesting scenario, even if they could only indirectly support each other.

scooter

We can only leave the house to exercise, go to medical appointment, shop for essentials or go to work (at somewhere permitted to open - like a post office).
And then, we can go no more than 5km (except for medical and work but must have proof).
So I see the house, the roads from there to work and work.  And the shops.  But not my usual food shop because it is more than 5km.  I have to buy sub standard veggies.

We're still in Stage 2 in NJ, but we don't have the same travel restrictions.  It'll be interesting to see how many small eateries survive the winter.  And I'm *really* glad I accepted the offer to work for NJ's version of child protective services last summer as, like Fred, I still have a job.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

What we are in is called stage 4.

The fuel truck has got to the stage where I can mock it up on its wheels.  I think i'll be painted as one of the zenoco fleet...
Bedford QL 6x6 Tanker WIP 13-10-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

CR-32 is a fuselage, lower wings and stabs and is in primer.  My printer has died and the one I want to replace it is out of stock everywhere so I cannot print any transfers for this one.  If it is to be Catalan Air Corps then I shall use stripes as national markings.

I still haven't closed up the fuselage on the Breguet.  There is a fair bit of detail on the inside of this, including PE seat belts, and i'm taking my time with it.

Fred

NARSES2

That fuel tanker reminds me of tthe ones I would have seen driving about when I was a kid in the 50/60's......ah; nostalgia  ;D

You mentioning the Breguet got me looking through the Azur kits in the collect. I have rather a few French late 30's types  ;) Mind you I do like their camouflage schemes  :thumbsup: