Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Galaxy? Is that the same crew who do/did those MONSTER race car box trailers?

It looks VERY good indeed.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

I'm trying to visualise how big that is mate, is it 1/24.th ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

1/25, yes Chris.  The engine stand its on is built from sprue and the mounting rod is a 1.2mm drill bit.

Kit - yes, Galaxie do the race car trailers but they also did a number of '47 Chevrolets (not '49 - my mistake - although the engines would be the same).  Very nicely detailed kits but almost impossible to get hold of here.  I was given this engine a while back but held off building it until now as I didn't know what to do with it.

https://galaxielimited.com/products/galaxie-limited-1947-chevy-coupe
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

I just searched out Galaxie's web site, and WOW!   :o

Those fastback Chevys look terrific, and it's a pity the Sedan Delivery is already sold out. Their trailer range has diminished somewhat from its launch level, but they still do the monster three axle one that I've got.

Thanks for the info Fred, it was well worth a look.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on October 30, 2020, 05:35:32 AM
1/25, yes Chris.  The engine stand its on is built from sprue and the mounting rod is a 1.2mm drill bit.

Thanks mate I can visualise it better now, just shows I was right to be impressed  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

This ad cracks me up.  ;D
They were "big", but they weren't that big.
;)

I guess it shrank on the way to the dealer.
:wacko:

Rick Lowe

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on October 30, 2020, 02:44:52 PM
This ad cracks me up.  ;D
They were "big", but they weren't that big.
;)

I guess it shrank on the way to the dealer.
:wacko:

Unless it's pre-shrunk, it will shrink the first time you wash it.

... or they keep using too high a temperature to wash and dry...

zenrat

Its a "well know fact" that people were smaller back then.

They had grown a bit by 1960 but were still small compared to today.  Bonnevilles are large cars but not that large.  They were also drawn wider and riding lower (and look damn good that way).

More old car ads here https://www.plan59.com/cars/cars_01.htm

A new addition to our family today. Charlie, a 9 month old Staghound - Labrador cross from a dog rescue place.
Charlie 1010-10-31 05 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

Welcome to the team, Charlie! ;D :thumbsup:

Interesting looking pup. Quite big but not huge.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

She's lying asleep on the floor behind the sofa i'm sitting on and has just farted...

...phooooweeeeeeeee!

Fred

NARSES2

Nice looking pup  :thumbsup: Bit bigger then a standard Labrador ? Going to need a fair bit of excercise.

I suppose at 9 months she's physically full grown, but mentally still thinks she's a pup ?  :angel:

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 31, 2020, 06:43:46 AM
Nice looking pup  :thumbsup: Bit bigger then a standard Labrador ? Going to need a fair bit of excercise.

I suppose at 9 months she's physically full grown, but mentally still thinks she's a pup ?  :angel:

Welcome, Charlie - don't worry, even when he's coming after you with the Cork, Dad still loves you!

I must confess, even though I'm about full-grown I still think I'm a bit of a pup sometimes, myself...

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 31, 2020, 06:43:46 AM

Yes.  She still thinks hands are toys she can take in her mouth.
She hasn't settled in yet either but its only been  a day and a half and it'll take time for her to accept that she is here to stay and we are not going to dump her like the previous lot did.
Patience, understanding, love and time.

And models.  But for me, not for her.
I started two new builds for the Captured GB today.  So I now have far too many actively underway at the same time.
But I did put paint on the undersides of two aircraft.

Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on November 01, 2020, 03:44:19 AM

She hasn't settled in yet either but its only been  a day and a half and it'll take time for her to accept that she is here to stay and we are not going to dump her like the previous lot did.
Patience, understanding, love and time.

Absolutely  :thumbsup:

My niece took on an Alsatian a few years ago that had not only been dumped but very badly treated by its previous owner. Obviously a bloke as whilst she quite quickly settled in with the female members of the family she was very, very wary of the men. Took me an age and a fair few visits, but eventually I convinced her I was o.k. and we became firm friends whenever I visited. All it took was a lot of patience and just letting her make the moves.  :thumbsup:

Can you tell I'm a dog lover who doesn't have a dog because of living in a flat among other things ?  ;)

zenrat

We had a rescue Belgian Shepherd when I was a kid.  He really didn't like bearded men and would back away from them growling.  He'd also cringe if you rolled up a newspaper so we reckoned he had been beaten with a rolled up paper by a bearded man.
If you gave him the rolled up paper he would take great delight in tearing it into little pieces.

Here is the paint on the underside of the Breguet.  RLM78 Hellblau.  Topsides will be RLM79 Sandgelb.
Breguet 695 WIP 02-11-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred