Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 02, 2020, 03:02:46 PM
... Inspiration has struck. A fire fighting tanker plane painted up in traditional style fire engine paint job.   :wacko:

With brass fittings?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Great idea! Now it's getting even crazier.... how about instead of a tanker that simply drops all its water at once we like a flying gunship like an AC-130 but with spray nozzles. Perhaps in an alternate timeline "they" thought that something like this would be good for fighting high-rise fires and I could make it in the time-frame of "The Towering Inferno" and it could be a cousin to my avalanche fighting AN-12. It would have "new" high-tech nozzles to keep the water from dispersing as much as it falls from the high-ish speed vehicle.  Not exactly plausible but by golly it's not TOO far-fetched... 
-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

It would fly in a tight left hand turn to keep the nozzles pointed at tha fire all the time.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

TheChronicOne

Hell yeah. I think I might try to actually do this.  ;D   Instead of cutting holes like I did last time I could just use a stock AC-47 and get some resin fire nozzle cannon thingy off the online and BAM.  :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

I'm surprised they've not tried that in the RW. It sounds pretty practical, and there's a whole cadre of ex-USAF pilots trained to fly just like that.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

buzzbomb

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on November 17, 2020, 05:26:03 PM
Quote from: Pellson on November 17, 2020, 03:50:35 AM
Quote from: zenrat on November 17, 2020, 03:08:52 AM
Obviously, it would be irresponsible of me to suggest that anyone trapping a cat on their property should remove its collar before handing it in to the council.

Quite...  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

Speaking of which, we'll be putting the traps out in the next couple of days. Some effing tom
has sprayed our front door again, might be a feral, more likely the damned male Himalayan
from across the street. It's been a couple of years since the stupid thing spent a night behind
bars, seems it's time for another turn in the cage.
:wacko:

Cats are supposed to be licensed and collared in the city and county nor are they to be allowed
to roam freely, just like dogs, but the majority of cat owners follow none of the regulations and
from what I've seen they are rarely, if ever, held to account.
:banghead: :angry:

Possible alternative. This video from way back made me laugh so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbkLjjlMV8
Plus on his channel there are updates with slicker gear

Fred.. the Breguet look great :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

That fire truck looks great, reminds of some of the wacky races' machines.  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

No modelling today despite it being Satyrday and me not working.
Instead we went and purchased an electric bicycle.  My commute to work is only an 8 minute drive and I am conscious that doing this little distance each day by car is not doing the engine any good.  Or the environment.
I could ride my unpowered mountain bike but there is a big hill in the middle of the journey and I am lazy don't want to arrive at work all hot and bothered.
Electricity is the answer.  I shall be able to sail up hill without breaking into a sweat.

After that I started making a Minion.  Our street is having a decorated letter box competition and Mrs z and I decided ours should be a Minion in Santa suit.  I cut it out of a piece of MDF with a slot for its mouth through which the postie can pop the letters.  It's mostly painted but needs another coat of red as it hasn't covered well enough.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

So if work's an 8 minute drive how long will it take via bike ?

I think these electric bikes are a good idea  :thumbsup: Exceptionally useful where I live, Upper Norwood/Crystal Palace or the South London Alps, but I'm a little to old now I think  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

Just follow the traffic laws and don't blow through intersections like the bike riders around here. And they wonder why they get hit by cars.
Otherwise riding to work sounds like a great idea.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

TheChronicOne

Quote from: zenrat on December 12, 2020, 04:14:13 AM
Instead we went and purchased an electric bicycle.  My commute to work is only an 8 minute drive and I am conscious that doing this little distance each day by car is not doing the engine any good.  Or the environment.
I could ride my unpowered mountain bike but there is a big hill in the middle of the journey and I am lazy don't want to arrive at work all hot and bothered.
Electricity is the answer.  I shall be able to sail up hill without breaking into a sweat.

After that I started making a Minion.  Our street is having a decorated letter box competition and Mrs z and I decided ours should be a Minion in Santa suit.  I cut it out of a piece of MDF with a slot for its mouth through which the postie can pop the letters.  It's mostly painted but needs another coat of red as it hasn't covered well enough.

Nice!!  I bought an electric scooter about 5 months ago so I could do things like drop off one of my trucks to be worked on and be able to get back home (without relying on others).  It also serves as my EEV (Emergency Egress Vehicle). I keep it in the back of the extended cab in my lil Ranger and it's nice having that peace of mind. I've used it already, too, when I had to have a new water pump put on. Fun to ride!
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 12, 2020, 05:58:15 AM

I think these electric bikes are a good idea  :thumbsup: Exceptionally useful where I live, Upper Norwood/Crystal Palace or the South London Alps, but I'm a little to old now I think  ;)

18 minutes according to Google Maos.

Quote from: kerick on December 12, 2020, 07:10:35 AM
Just follow the traffic laws and don't blow through intersections like the bike riders around here. And they wonder why they get hit by cars.
Otherwise riding to work sounds like a great idea.

Yep.  And I will be avoiding the heavily trafficked roads because Australian drivers are maniacs.

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 12, 2020, 12:59:33 PM
Quote from: zenrat on December 12, 2020, 04:14:13 AM

Nice!!  I bought an electric scooter about 5 months ago so I could do things like drop off one of my trucks to be worked on and be able to get back home (without relying on others).  It also serves as my EEV (Emergency Egress Vehicle). I keep it in the back of the extended cab in my lil Ranger and it's nice having that peace of mind. I've used it already, too, when I had to have a new water pump put on. Fun to ride!

Great minds think alike.  I chose a folding bike so I can put it in the back of my car and then continue on to work from the Mazda dealer while they service it.

Here is my Minion.  Cut from 5mm MDF, painted with what I had in the cupboard, and with eyes made from the tops of fish oil capsule containers.
His eyes should really be larger but I didn't have anything suitable.
Minion by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on December 13, 2020, 02:28:10 AM

So 20/25 in reality then ? Just about right.

Like the Minion  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Sounds like the scooter ride home will be just enough time to de-stress after dealing with the thundering horde of the public all day.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 13, 2020, 05:36:21 AM
Quote from: zenrat on December 13, 2020, 02:28:10 AM

So 20/25 in reality then ? Just about right.

Like the Minion  :thumbsup:

25 minutes there.  20 Minutes back.  But I was pedalling more on the way back as I had to get home, change and go straight out.
I am very impressed.  I managed to cycle to work on a 30+℃ day and not break out into any more of a sweat than I would have done walking from my car in that heat.
I despise the compulsory wearing of a cycle helmet but will just have to put up with it.

Quote from: Rheged on December 13, 2020, 08:10:52 AM
Sounds like the scooter ride home will be just enough time to de-stress after dealing with the thundering horde of the public all day.

Bike, not scooter, but yes, I think you are right.  A chance to wind down.  I could even turn the boost off and exercise should i feel the need.

First thoughts are that the gearing is too low (7 speed rear, single front, but I would soon run out of gears if pedalling unassisted), the seat is uncomfortable (but I have never found a bike seat that wasn't after 5 minutes), and small wheels (20") are not as comfortable as ig ones on the potholed and bumpy local roads.
Fred