Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

I had a set of dynamo lights as a youth.  Made ir harder work to ride the thing but kept me seen.

Riding home tonight someone decided to get out of the drivers side of a car (parked in the cycle lane) as I approached.
I'd seen two others getting stuff out of the boot and him sitting there so I was expecting it and had abusive comments prepared.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

tigercat

Theres a special door opening technique they're talking about adding to Highway code to protect cyclists

I think all bikes should be made to carry registration numbers.

https://www.theaa.com/driving-advice/safety/dutch-reach

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on December 21, 2020, 03:31:01 AM
I had a set of dynamo lights as a youth.  Made ir harder work to ride the thing but kept me seen.

I had dynamo lights on the bike I rode to school, must admit first time I rode it I was surprised how much "harder" it was.

Mind you back in the day me and my mates got warned a few times by the police for riding our "racing" bikes at sunset time without lights. Nowadays they don't seem to worry if cyclists have lights or not ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: tigercat on December 21, 2020, 04:32:08 AM
Theres a special door opening technique they're talking about adding to Highway code to protect cyclists

Not sure for the need for rego, but compulsory third party insurance would be a good idea.

Watching Star Trek Discovery Season 3.  It's just struck me that on all Federation starships, whatever other systems fail the artificial gravity always continues working.  Inertial dampers, life support, shields, EPS relays, plasma manifolds, containment fields, heisenberg compensators, all fried, but the crew continue to stick to the floor.  It's as predictable as there being no seat belts on the bridge and the holo-deck malfunctioning.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Conversely, you could do what has been 'good practice' for ages and  LOOK IN THE WING MIRROR before opening the door!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Considering common experience from the current year - is there any reason at all to believe that the phrase "good practice" (or, by all means, "common sense") has any meaning at all among the broader population?
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

scooter

Quote from: Pellson on December 22, 2020, 05:13:59 AM
Considering common experience from the current year - is there any reason at all to believe that the phrase "good practice" (or, by all means, "common sense") has any meaning at all among the broader population?

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

jcf

Seeing as statements about a lack of common sense are as old as the hills, it begs the question
as to whether such a thing has ever existed.
;D

zenrat

No OH&S professional worth their salt will ever let the words "common sense" pass their lips.

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 22, 2020, 04:59:24 AM

Conversely, you could do what has been 'good practice' for ages and  LOOK IN THE WING MIRROR before opening the door!

Indeed.  Instead of having to remember to open the door with the other hand why not just remember to look for cyclists?

New hazard today.  A pedestrian ambled into the road in front of me looking at his phone whilst wearing ear buds.  If i'd been in the car I would have aimed to pass just behind him and then hit the horn.

Fred

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on December 23, 2020, 03:01:40 AM
New hazard today.  A pedestrian ambled into the road in front of me looking at his phone whilst wearing ear buds.  If i'd been in the car I would have aimed to pass just behind him and then hit the horn.

Any chance of a maritime chandler near by from which to procure a handheld airhorn?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

That's becoming an extremely common occurrence and can even be "dangerous" for us fellow pedestrians.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 23, 2020, 06:10:48 AM

That's becoming an extremely common occurrence and can even be "dangerous" for us fellow pedestrians.

I had a teenage pedestrian walk into me in Leominster this morning.  Electric ear-muffs on, head down over phone  straight into me as I stood outside the bank waiting for Madame R to deal with matters pertaining to the family finances(paying cheques in). I did actually feel sorry for the poor little girl...five foot two of a slim female ?18? year old walking into a well built six foot  bloke in a vivid red anorak, you can guess who came out of the incident less moved.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

kerick

Had a surveying project in downtown Chicago many years ago that involved tearing down an old building to build a new one. Old building was gone foundation and all leaving a ten foot drop at the edge of the sidewalk. Caution tape and barricades everywhere and a young woman on her phone walked into the tape to the point of stretching it across her before she looked up just short of falling into the hole. She just turned and kept walking. What is the attraction with people and their phones that they are willing to walk into danger like that.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

Quote from: kerick on December 24, 2020, 09:15:44 PM
Had a surveying project in downtown Chicago many years ago that involved tearing down an old building to build a new one. Old building was gone foundation and all leaving a ten foot drop at the edge of the sidewalk. Caution tape and barricades everywhere and a young woman on her phone walked into the tape to the point of stretching it across her before she looked up just short of falling into the hole. She just turned and kept walking. What is the attraction with people and their phones that they are willing to walk into danger like that.

Culling of the Herd?  ;)

Or maybe meant to make the Public Purse sink oodles of currency into ongoing healthcare and rehab for these people.

Worrying that their phones seem to be 'smarter' than they are...  :-\

kerick

Apple should install a radar in the phone like on some cars today to warn these nitwits. It would have to put the entire phone on "pause" and sound a screeching alarm to get their attention!
I also saw a person reading a book walk within feet of railroad rails as a commuter train was coming. The engineer was blowing the horn like mad and probably having a heart attack. I was about to throw a survey stake at her but I probably would have missed.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise