Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

This page has a fantastic selection of Canadian aircraft including a Rapide on floats. Check out the Bellanca, the Junkers F.13 and the Fairchild Super 71 too!

http://silverhawkauthor.com/aircraft-preserved-in-canada-4-warplanes-in-manitoba-western-canada-aviation-museum-winnipeg_479.html?printable_version=true

PR19_Kit

Crumbs, that's impressive.  :thumbsup:

But they seem to have missed out the 'Other Lancaster', or doesn't that count as it's still flying?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=48787.0

EDO Yd-6470 for this DH.89A

Which can be sourced from the Matchbox/Revell Noorduyn Norseman kit.
:thumbsup:

ericr

PR19_Kit

Oh yes, I'd forgotten the Norseman came with floats.  :thumbsup:

M'box were very keen on floaty things, quite a few of their middle sized kits had a float option, the Seafox and Twotter being particularly useful.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I have a Norseman.  One day it will become a RFDS whiff.

Good pic.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Dragon Rapide is coming along.

Dragon Rapide WIP 25-01-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

I've dug a Norseman out of the stash and may have a go at putting it on floats.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

The Rapide's span has always taken me a little by surprise and even more so when it only has the lower wing in place.

Very neat interior mate  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Kick arse!!!   Hell, just leave the top wing off.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 25, 2021, 05:57:17 AM
The Rapide's span has always taken me a little by surprise and even more so when it only has the lower wing in place.

Very neat interior mate  :thumbsup:

Thanks Chris.  Long slender wings which make me think of Kit.  Heller provided all the seats so I figured i'd make the effort.

Quote from: TheChronicOne on January 25, 2021, 12:17:05 PM
Kick arse!!!   Hell, just leave the top wing off.  ;D

Dragon with a sun roof.
:thumbsup:
Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on January 26, 2021, 01:36:23 AM

Long slender wings which make me think of Kit. 

And very appropriate too as the first aircraft I ever flew in was a DH 89, an RAF Dominie some time around 1957 or 8.  ;D

Regards
Kit

zenrat

A chronic (but non life threatening) condition has flared up and the pills I take to calm it down have, as usual, rendered me nauseous and pi**ing for Australia.
So no modelling today, but I hold high hopes for tomorrow after a sleep.
Did I mention I am on leave for this week and the next?  Typical.

Other than finishing off the GB builds I have been working on some cars.
The T-55 engined Hot Rod now has its front wheels and will soon get the rear suspension attached.
The Inline six powered '39 Chevy just needs a touch of PSR and it will be ready for paint.
The Starsky & Hutch car has it's transfers (which in the case of the white stripe are slightly too large) and is awaiting a good day for clearing.
The SBC powered '60 Chevy ute is also awaiting a good day for clearing g.
The Fire Truck Show Rod is having it's interior upholstery painted white and gold button tuck.  This is harder than it sounds ad the interior is moulded inside the body and the body had to be assembled in order for the outside to be painted Candy Apple Red.
The 1/35 Meng Toyota Hilux (did I mention i'd started that one?) had to be stripped and reprimed.  It is moulded in maroon and I wanted to paint it white (90% of those used a pilot vehicles are poverty pack white vehicles).  However the colour came through the primer as I suspected it would.  I tried putting a coat of Alclad Aqua Clear (which is IMO basically Future) over the top to act as a barrier.
This cracked so I dropped it into a bath of windex to strip off the Aqua Clear.  It was at this point that I discovered to my surprise that Windex also removed my primer.  Not very well, and not completely but enough to need removing and replacing.  It will now be red and I have prepped it and reprimed it with light grey.

Dragon Rapide has top and bottom halves of the upper wings joined (to each other, not to the fuselage), float halves joined, and one stab attached.
And i've started something else.  A new tool Airfix twin engine bomber.  Not sure how much whiffery is going on here.  I've made one modification using parts from a new tool Airfix single engined fighter, but if I paint it in the standard scheme it might get overlooked if people don't look too closely.  Decisions decisions.  I do have a pair of resin F7F Tigercat engines and cowlings which will fit straight on...

Fred

PR19_Kit

Doesn't sound much like fun Fred. :(

I hope things improve soon, and still during your leave, so you can make progress on your monster build programme.

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Hope things improve quickly Fred and you don't spend to much of your leave on the sick. As you say it's flippin' typical  :-\

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Feel better soon!! Sounds like you ran up against some good ol' Murphy's Law.
-Sprues McDuck-