Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Ants!
The tiny Argentinian ones.  Not bitey but annoying.
They've moved into one of my stash cupboards and have taken up residence amongst the kit boxes.  Showing good taste they have moved in between a pair of Modelhaus resin station wagon boxes and amongst the collection of unbuilt Ed Roth kits.  They won't damage them but need to go so Ant Rid has been laid down.
This happens intermittently.  Usually when its been raining hard.  When they move in amongst the tools I can commit mass murder with a few sprays of WD40.  However the kit boxes won't respond too well to that.
I need a tame Echidna.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on February 13, 2021, 03:34:39 AM
Ants!

I'm impressed. I can distinguish red from black and that's about it. Mind you haven't seen any red ones for a very long time.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Ants during summer can be SOOOOOO annoying.  ;D  I'm way up on the second story but they still climb way the hell up here to prance all about. I'd let them alone when they're just passing through and taking crumbs from my house that I can't reach with normal cleaning but when they want to be all up in your business that's a different story.
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 13, 2021, 05:35:06 AM
Ants!

I'm impressed. I can distinguish red from black and that's about it. Mind you haven't seen any red ones for a very long time.

They are smaller than the native ones and do not have a painful bite or chew things.  IIRC they came off a ship at a port and have since spread across the country.
They once set up home inside my electric rip saw.  In the motor.  That was a mistake as I just plugged it in and turned it on.  Smooshed ant made a good motor lube.
As I said earlier, WD40 (or other similar aerosol oil) kills them dead instantly.  Just can't always use it on everything.

And in other news an online pop culture store was having an SVD sale and had reduced the 1/72 Trumpeter Wyvern to $35.  I couldn't refuse that so I have ordered one.  This will be my third (one PDRV and on RAF).  Australian I think.  Possibly with wings full of hardpoints in the CAS role.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Rick Lowe

Ants!
I need a tame Echidna.

Here you go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdrOWhxA46Q&ab_channel=fohsp

You're welcome :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

I've always loved that ad, for both the hot chick & the humour. ;D :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 14, 2021, 12:39:33 AM
I've always loved that ad, for both the hot chick & the humour. ;D :thumbsup:

Same.  :wub: :thumbsup:

zenrat

Maybe she could come and help me with the ants?

I'm sure Mrs z would understand.
Fred

TheChronicOne

I dig it!!   :wacko:   But it's funny because it's a round about way of saying, "our panties aren't flimsy!  :lol: "  and I had no idea that was a such a great selling point.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Holeproof also make socks.  They do not live up to their name.  Take it from me.

One of those days today were the time taken didn't seem to be reflected in what I had achieved at the end of the day.
I did however finish building this years scale flower for Valentine's day for Mrs z.  It's still to be painted but I showed it to her and she was pleased.

The main culprit for the lack of progress was the secret project new mould Airfix whiff.  I was putting the cockpit together (its separate from the fuselage in this kit) with figures from other sources.  While i'd checked the fit with the seats empty, when I came to assemble it after gluing the crew in I found issues that required trimming off some of my carefully painted interior and modifying the control panel mount.  D'oh!

Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on February 13, 2021, 03:50:45 PM

They are smaller than the native ones and do not have a painful bite or chew things.  IIRC they came off a ship at a port and have since spread across the country.

Isn't that how most Australians, or at least their ancestors got there ?  :angel:

They once set up home inside my electric rip saw.  In the motor.  That was a mistake as I just plugged it in and turned it on.  Smooshed ant made a good motor lube.

;D ;D

Quote from: zenrat on February 14, 2021, 03:05:53 AM

I did however finish building this years scale flower for Valentine's day for Mrs z.  It's still to be painted but I showed it to her and she was pleased.

You old softy  ;) I only forgot Valentines Day once. Well I didn't even forget I just assumed that once married and thus having proved your affection for the lass you didn't have to bother with it anymore. Apparently you do  :-\

B' about the secret project. It's a right pain when something like that happens. Had it recently when a part seemed to get bigger once glue had been applied, it certainly fit perfectly without any  :banghead:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

I've been trying to figure out what this secret project is based on clues give such as number of crew and now the fact that the cockpit..... is seperate from the fuselage....   still stumped......  :unsure:
-Sprues McDuck-

Rick Lowe

WAG (Wild A$$ Guess)

Blenheim made into a Bv-141 -alike?  ;)

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 14, 2021, 05:37:09 AM

Isn't that how most Australians, or at least their ancestors got there ?  :angel:

;D ;D

Quote from: zenrat on February 14, 2021, 03:05:53 AM

You old softy  ;) I only forgot Valentines Day once. Well I didn't even forget I just assumed that once married and thus having proved your affection for the lass you didn't have to bother with it anymore. Apparently you do  :-\

B' about the secret project. It's a right pain when something like that happens. Had it recently when a part seemed to get bigger once glue had been applied, it certainly fit perfectly without any  :banghead:

Happy wife, happy life mate.

There was obviously an environmental niche for tiny ants otherwise the ones we had already would have made short work of them.
Most of our animals evolved here.  The ones that didn't which have thrived tend to be problems which need removal.  The only introduced species I can think of which we want to keep are Dingos and Hares.
Dogs, cats, rats, foxes, rabbits, pigs, goats, camels, horses, water buffalo and cane toads are all problems.

Quote from: Rick Lowe on February 14, 2021, 12:48:50 PM
WAG (Wild A$$ Guess)

All i'll say is its more subtle than that Rick.

Today is my "long" day when I get to work for seven hours.  So no modelling other than rattle canning paint onto the scale flower.

Stop Press.  Mrs z just called me outside to deal with a dead rat before the dog found it and ate it.  This will be one of our upstairs guests.  The bait is working.

Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rick Lowe on February 14, 2021, 12:48:50 PM

THAT'S a good idea! Maybe even better using a Hampden to start off with...............  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit