Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on February 15, 2021, 01:19:12 AM

Quote from: Rick Lowe on February 14, 2021, 12:48:50 PM
WAG (Wild A$$ Guess)

Blenheim made into a Bv-141 -alike?  ;)

All i'll say is its more subtle than that Rick.

Hmmm... intriguing...

Ah well, time will tell and we'll all be able to 'Ooh' and 'Ahh'  at the appropriate juncture.

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 15, 2021, 01:50:35 AM

THAT'S a good idea! Maybe even better using a Hampden to start off with...............  ;)

Oh, don't worry - I'm full of Good Ideas... sometimes I even take my own advice... after the usual 'teething troubles'...
Sadly, execution or lack of time usually lets me down. ;D

NARSES2

Happy wife, happy life mate.

Oh so true  ;D Even works for girl friends as well  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 15, 2021, 06:04:42 AM

Happy wife, happy life mate.

Oh so true  ;D Even works for girl friends as well  ;)

However, it's less expensive to say "Ta-tah!" to the girlfriend than it is the wife. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Another uninvited attic guest found dead today.  Plus we can smell another body rotting in the back yard but can't find it yet.
The poison they used apparently causes them to leave where they are living to find water.  Thus avoiding death smell in the roof (or in the walls or in the heating ducts in previous cases).

Not much modelling time (took the dog to the vet - check up and chat with behaviouralist) but I did get some paint on the SVD flower.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Latest '60 Chevy completed today.  I had to remove and remount the rear suspension as I had managed to attach it wonky.  This in turn meant that I had to remove and reattach one of the front wheels in order to get all four on the floor.
I'll take some beauty pics tomorrow.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Photo day.

This is Mrs z's Valentine's Day flower.  Scratchbuilt.

Valentine's Flower 2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

This is the completed 60 Chevy Ute.  AMT kit with small block Chevy engine from one of my engines boxes replacing the usual inline six.  Stepside pickup tub from AMT '50 Chevy Pickup.  Resin wheels and tyres from thepartsbox.com.  Lowered suspension.  Extended and smoothed bonnet nose.  RHD conversion.
60 Chevy Ute  - SBC Mint & Gold  - 4 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
60 Chevy Ute  - SBC Mint & Gold  - 9 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
60 Chevy Ute  - SBC Mint & Gold  - 16 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
60 Chevy Ute  - SBC Mint & Gold  - 3 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
60 Chevy Ute  - SBC Mint & Gold  - 24 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Knightflyer

Quote from: zenrat on February 21, 2021, 02:15:12 AM
Photo day.

This is Mrs z's Valentine's Day flower.  Scratchbuilt.

Valentine's Flower 2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

As a horticulturist in my dim and distant past I am really impressed by this  ;D :thumbsup:
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

zenrat

Thanks.  It's sort of vaguely lily inspired.
Fred

Knightflyer

Quote from: zenrat on February 21, 2021, 02:40:24 AM
Thanks.  It's sort of vaguely lily inspired.

LOL, I was just about to reply in horticultural JMN mode, but I won't  ;D

Oh to be whiffing again :-(

NARSES2

That flower is truly impressive mate  :bow: must have got you loads of brownie points  :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

nice Lilly a like  :thumbsup:  and  the ute looks nice and natural as well
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Rheged

Madame R (a retired research botanist) asks me to pass on my  congratulations on the lily, to which I add my own plaudits!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Rick Lowe

Thirded, or Fourthed, or Whatever - both look really good!

TheChronicOne

Lilly is cool!!! How 'bout that???   

the '60 is fantastic. I love the styling of those models....  however many years they were around.... The work you did in the bed is kickass! Fancy mirrors....   ;)   

I remember switching out a transmission in one..... it was... so EASY!  ;D    The hilarious part, though? My buddy didn't realize that it was the rear end that was actually out... so.... we more than likely took out a perfectly good transmission, put in a rebuilt one, and arrived exactly back at zero and then had to do the rear-end.  ;D 
-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

Sounds like the professional mechanics where I live!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise