Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

The secret project is undergoing PSR.  It might be a new mould Airfix kit but there are fit issues under the wings.  Possibly my fault but I will blame them as is my wont.  Masking the glazing was a pain given my dislike of masking.

Dragon Rapide has had all the windows masked, some PSR done, a spatectomy performed (I hated doing that but it was neccesary to install floats), and the nacelles attached and awaiting filler.  The centre section of the upper wing forms the cabin roof and will require PSR so I will have to attach it before paint which will make rigging the thing more interesting than doing it my usual way.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on February 28, 2021, 02:55:09 AM
The secret project is undergoing PSR.  It might be a new mould Airfix kit but there are fit issues under the wings.  Possibly my fault but I will blame them as is my wont.  Masking the glazing was a pain given my dislike of masking.

Tease
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on February 28, 2021, 02:55:09 AM

a spatectomy performed (I hated doing that but it was neccesary to install floats),

But that means you still have them to attach to something else.  :thumbsup:

Perhaps in memory of the late Great Brian da Basher?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

A nice thought but not much survived as they were more a vertical continuation of the nacelle than a separate wheel cowling that could be reused.
Fred

zenrat

Drag Rap in primer.
Dragon Rapide WIP 08-03-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
The wings have a lot of flex so I reckon I can paint it, rig between them with stretchy thread, and then slip in all the (also painted) struts.

Painting of the secret project has begun.  For once i'm following the colour scheme in the destructions.  Green and brown over black.  I shall also be using the kit supplied transfers.
Fred

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Fred

PR19_Kit

A Mk 1 Blenheim?

Why is it a secret though?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

'Coz he wasn't telling anyone anything about it. :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 08, 2021, 05:20:09 AM
A Mk 1 Blenheim?

Why is it a secret though?

Well it's got a 2 gun turret to start with (I thought it was 4 guns at first, but the shadows confused me) and I presume is going to end up serving in an air force that didn't actually use it. Plus anything's secret until it's revealed, especially if we've ben teased in the meantime  ;)

Did you have any problems with the way the fuselage/wing assembly builds mate ? Caused me some
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

HA!!! I was so far off. Secret projects can be fun and sometimes the reason is for nothing other than to build suspense and for "giggles."  On the other end of the deal, it's fun as the perpetrator to see the reactions upon reveal.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

It's a four gun Boulton Paul Turret from the new mould Airfix Defiant and some glazing alterations.
In a similar vein to my "car door" Hurricane I want it to look standard to the casual observer.

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 08, 2021, 06:23:13 AM
...Did you have any problems with the way the fuselage/wing assembly builds mate ? Caused me some

Some.  PSR needed to blend the upper cockpit to the fuselage and more to blend the bomb bay sides (the parts moulded with the wings) to the fuselage at front and back.
I got the feeling it would have gone together perfectly if unpainted but as I had painted the interior before assembly that was not to be the case.
Using crew figures from other kits did not help matters.
Fred

NARSES2

Similar problems to those that I had. In a few places the tolerances weren't allowing you any room to play with a all.

Old Wombat

That sounds like some excellent engineering but, perhaps, not exquisite, as, in that case, they'd have engineered their tolerances with the use of the item & paint in mind. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est