Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

We've watched Supernatural from the beginning but have also lost some interest.  It's just been going for too long and each season's big bad story arc have become predictable.
I prefer the monster of the week episodes.
We'll finish it off though.  Eventually.
Baby is though, IMO the real star of the show.

Speaking of cars the 1/35 Hilux is coming along.
Hilux WIP 19-03-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

New glue review - I've recently bought a bottle of Tamiya Extra Thin Quick Drying glue.  I didn't want the quick drying but they had sold out of the regular.  Upon opening it and sniffing it I thought "hmm, that smells familiar".
Reading the label revealed it is MEK which explained the familiarity.
It works well and did a good job tacking together the framework for the Mi-24 floats.  It evaporates very fast though and you are best off holding parts in place and then applying glue with your third hand.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on March 19, 2021, 03:09:10 AM

New glue review - I've recently bought a bottle of Tamiya Extra Thin Quick Drying glue.  I didn't want the quick drying but they had sold out of the regular.  Upon opening it and sniffing it I thought "hmm, that smells familiar".
Reading the label revealed it is MEK which explained the familiarity.
It works well and did a good job tacking together the framework for the Mi-24 floats.  It evaporates very fast though and you are best off holding parts in place and then applying glue with your third hand.

That's interesting mate, thanks  :thumbsup: I need to get some glue once shows open up again as I used my last Tamiya the other week. Regarding MEK I must admit I tend to use another glue to make a couple of "spot joins" and then run MEK along the join. Keeps my finger tips out of the way that way, and my fingers can get everywhere you don't want them  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Ditto. I was wondering myself. I always figured the TET green lid was pretty damn fast as-is but I could see a situation where even more speed could help. I suppose next they'll have ULTRA FAST and it dries up/evaporates the instant if leaves the bottle.  :angel: :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Ultra Fast Drying Glue  - joins the parts before you even know you want them joined...

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: TheChronicOne on March 19, 2021, 11:49:17 AM
I suppose next they'll have ULTRA FAST and it dries up/evaporates the instant if leaves the bottle.  :angel: :wacko:

There are a couple of "Ultra-Fast" glues out there that almost do do that  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Four gun Blenheim is finished.
Hilux is close.
Ballarat NNL is only two months away (wow, a show to go to!) so I need to get back into the Heller Delahaye I started building for last years special theme.

I saw this in a tweet and it tickled me.

my name is Boat
and wen im tired
(but shipping werk
is still required)

then all I want
is lyttle snooze
i turn to side
i blok the Sooz

Katy / krfabian
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on March 25, 2021, 03:35:41 AM

Ballarat NNL is only two months away (wow, a show to go to!)

Hope it goes ahead for you. Hopefully we may have something to go to early June in the UK, touching all the wood available as I type that.

zenrat

Hilux progress with scale reference riot cop.
Hilux WIP 26-03-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on March 26, 2021, 04:37:55 AM
Hilux progress with scale reference riot cop.
Hilux WIP 26-03-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Its missing the optional DShK
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

TheChronicOne

Sweet!  Ol boy damn near fit inside and could drive it.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Thanks Brad C.

Scoot - this is the version of the kit which comes with either a light fifty or an LMG of some sort, a "civilian contractor" figure, and a bunch of jerry cans, eskies, water bottles etc.  I'm building it as a civilian vehicle - as a pilot vehicle for the D9 Dozer and Kraz truck combination I built earlier.  Pilot vehicles drive ahead of an oversize load carrying flashing lights and warning signage.  As such it needs the sign, lights and a CB aerial scratched up.
It's a nice little kit though and i'd build another.  Meng do a set containing one of these plus a 70 series Landcruiser ute in 1/35 which I wish i'd bought when I had the chance.

Fred

Old Wombat

I have about 3 each of the Hiluxes & Land Cruisers plus one of the Hilux/Land Cruiser combo sets - none of which I intend building with the weapons (if any) that they came with. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

I am scratching up the Hilux's Oversize signage.  The discs are mountings for flashing lights.
Hilux WIP 03-04-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

I have covered the rear wheel openings on the Heller Delahaye 135.  PSR is needed.
Delahaye WIP 03-04-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

I have been constructing the float mountings for the Dragon Rapide.  Mostly Norseman parts so far.
Dragon Rapide WIP 03-04-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

And, i've been painting the cobbled road display base I was given for xmas.  I do a few rows each day.
Cobblestone Base WIP 03--04-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

NARSES2

Float assembly's looking good  :thumbsup: Cobbles look good as well, what scale are they ? I assume 1/35 or 1/24, or somewhere in between that would suit both ?

DogfighterZen

I'm really liking the Toyota truck, looking very good indeed, Fred! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"