Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Thanks DFZ.  I have yet to weather it.  I will be trying some Vallejo weathering powders out on it.

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 03, 2021, 05:59:09 AM
Float assembly's looking good  :thumbsup: Cobbles look good as well, what scale are they ? I assume 1/35 or 1/24, or somewhere in between that would suit both ?

1/35 according to the packaging but really I will use it for everything from 1/48 to 1/12.  Only the drain cover will give it away.

Here's the Drag-Rap sitting on the floats.  I will paint the aircraft and the floats separately as I don't think the attachment will be particularly robust.
Dragon Rapide WIP 04-04-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

You sure have a way with them floaters... Both this one and the Hind are looking great.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Old Wombat

Coming together nicely, Fred! Really nicely! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

That DH 89 certainly looks the business with its wellies on.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

The Rapide is looking brilliant mate  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Flyer

"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Steel Penguin

I don't know why, but that looks far more stylish than a standard rapide, and far more sleek    :thumbsup: from here as well
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

zenrat

Thanks folks.
A slight hiccup.  The rattle can of cream enamel I was going to use to paint the Drag-Rap has gone teats up.  I'll either buy a new one or airbrush it with acrylics.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Steel Penguin on April 04, 2021, 12:58:33 PM
I don't know why, but that looks far more stylish than a standard rapide, and far more sleek    :thumbsup: from here as well

That's what I was thinking and was going to say that I'm starting to get a new appreciation for the aircraft. Pretty slick.
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

A LOVELY aeroplane, the Dragon Rapide, but then I'm somewhat biased as an RAF Dominie (a military Dragon Rapide) was the first aeroplane I ever flew in back in 1956 or so.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Dragon Rapide has slowed to a crawl as I work on drawing up and printing the transfers.

Same with the Hilux.  It's waiting for transfers before getting weathered.

I have been concentrating on the Delahaye.  I closed in the rear wheel openings, PSRed them, and then primed the body.  However I went too heavy with the primer filling the door and boot panel lines and so it went into the dunk tank and I redid the PSR.  Second time's a treat and it's ready for paint.  However, before that happens I have to make sure it'll all fit on the chassis and the the interior will fit correctly.

I've also got back to work on the Starsky & Hutch Striped Tomato Torino.  I've foiled the various parts of the body which needed it and also done some detail painting.  It's not far off final assembly.

And I also saw a mouse in my shed Tuesday morning.  Or rather a black mouse sized object moving fast along the inside of the foot of one of the roller doors (I suppose it could have been a large, fast spider).  I have an electronic rodent repeller in there but I turn it off when i'm in there as it gives me headaches (obviously works on rattusrattus, rattus norvegicus, AND rattus zen... ;)) and I forget to turn it back on sometimes.  It had been off since Sunday afternoon so an opportunistic little rodent may have taken advantage and moved in.
This weekend I should be decanting the contents of my stash cupboards to make sure there is no nesting in model boxes.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 28, 2021, 05:33:02 AM

And I also saw a mouse in my shed Tuesday morning.  Or rather a black mouse sized object moving fast along the inside of the foot of one of the roller doors (I suppose it could have been a large, fast spider). 

You realise Kit will probably not be able to sleep for a week  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Flyer

Interesting you mentioned that the electronic repeller gives you headaches, we have been having a ongoing battle with mice, been using snap trap's but it seems rather moot because as soon as we get one it's replaced by another two :banghead:, we cannot/don't want to use poison for the safety of our young one and so I've been looking into those electronic devices but she  already show's sign's of having sensitive hearing, electric motor's etc.. So I was wondering if she would be effected by repellers... Hmmm best be safe and look for something else...
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

NARSES2

Moggies work in my experience

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 28, 2021, 06:30:27 AM
Moggies work in my experience

We've got 6 (which only caught 2 mice), and we still find clues of there are mice in the house.  Mothballs are hit or miss, but if you find where they're coming in, steel wool works a charm to clogging it. 

As for ultrasonics?  Depending on the frequency (and where your rodentia problems are being found) they don't always penetrate past where they're set.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng