Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

S&H Gran Torino is finished apart from white lenses on the turn signals in the centre of the rear lights which I may leave as there is a very high chance of stuffing up and I don't have spare lenses.

74 Ford Gran Torino - Striped Tomato by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Beauty pics tomorrow.  Probably.  If I get time.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

I can't help feeling there should be some slight diagonal scratches across the bonnet (hood...) where Starsky (or was it Hutch?) slid across it at the start of every episode.  ;D

But it looks MAGNIFICENT nonetheless.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Kojak light is on.  I had to check which side it went on.  The destructions show it on the left I remembered Hutch clamping it on the roof from the passenger side.  Turns out it moved depending on which episode'
You'll note I girded my loins and painted the white centres in the rear light lenses.
I'd tried to depict the car use din the pilot episode.  This differed slightly from those used in the rest of the shows in that it had grey under the bumpers and chrome door mirrors rather than body colour sport mirr.rs.

74 Ford Gran Torino - Striped Tomato.  - 19 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

74 Ford Gran Torino - Striped Tomato.  - 18 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

74 Ford Gran Torino - Striped Tomato.  - 4 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

74 Ford Gran Torino - Striped Tomato.  - 20 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

74 Ford Gran Torino - Striped Tomato.  - 12 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

I've also got the transfers on the Drag-Rap.
DH Drag-Rap WIP 11-05-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Flyer

Not normally a fan of car models but that looks damn good! If it wasn't for the background I'd mistake that for a real vehicle, excellent work! :thumbsup:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

zenrat

Quote from: Flyer on May 11, 2021, 05:08:54 AM
Not normally a fan of car models but that looks damn good! If it wasn't for the background I'd mistake that for a real vehicle, excellent work! :thumbsup:

Thanks mate, I appreciate that.

Fred

PR19_Kit

I'm FULL of admiration over the Torino Fred, and I AM a car modeller.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[Later] So much so that I remembered to Whiffie nominate it.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Flyer on May 11, 2021, 05:08:54 AM

It's not so much I'm not a fan of car models is just that I don't understand them if I'm honest, but I totally agree with your sentiments there. Terrific build Fred  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

I'm not a car modeller (the last car I made was an Airfix Beetle back in the 1970's)  but I do appreciate real quality when I see it....and the Torino has it; doubled and redoubled in spades!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Old Wombat

Torino is fantastic but I'm liking the Rapide, too! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

I love the Torino!
At least when they made the show they didn't destroy a bunch of cars like "them Duke boys".
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

TheChronicOne

That turned out friggin awesome! I not ashamed to admit that like the "new" movie, too! With ol' what's his name and what's his name... Owen Wilson and.....   "Blue Steel.  " 
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Thanks folks.

Thanks for the nom Kit but it's not a whiff. For once I actually went out of my way to make it more accurate than the kit.
Fred