Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

I had a bit of a stash rearrangement.  Putting all my WW1 & '20's kits into a new storage box and so freeing up space under my bench which I immediately filled by moving the overflow pile which had been dangerously sitting in the open in full view of Mrs z.
This made me realise that;
a)  I need to build one of the two Heyford projects I have planned so I can consolidate from three boxes to one (it was originally five following an unexpectedly bountiful evil-bay win).
ii)  I have a lot of kits I don't know why I bought or which I have lost the desire for so I should do more kitbashing (starting with the Recce GB - I have a couple of ideas).
3) I "need" a 1/72 SU-57.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 29, 2021, 04:50:53 AM

ii)  I have a lot of kits I don't know why I bought

Tell me about it  :rolleyes:

It does you good every now and then to rearrange the stash  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 29, 2021, 05:39:30 AM

ii)  I have a lot of kits I don't know why I bought

Tell me about it  :rolleyes:

It does you good every now and then to rearrange the stash  :thumbsup:

That's what I'll be doing later today or tomorrow. Apparently the spare bedroom is for my sister and niece to sleep in this week and not my own model shop....  :rolleyes:

buzzbomb

ii)  I have a lot of kits I don't know why I bought or which I have lost the desire for  ....

Yes.. that does happen. A lot.

I suppose you could look at the cancellation of the Swap and Sell at Aus Model Expo as doing a community service to stamp out this practice  ;D

zenrat

Hilux lightly weathered today.  I will get out the Kraz/Cat D9 and take some pics of the whole ensemble.
Hilux WIP 30-05-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

It's gonna look awesome! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rheged

Most impressive!  Even the area unswept by the wiper blades is clearly visible.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

Starsky and Hutch are painted.  I'm pleased with them except for the eyes.  I always have trouble with the eyes.  I should look into how to paint them.
'74 Ford Torino with Starsky & Hutch - 3 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

And for a while i've been working on a 1/12 Kawasaki triple.  This is an exercise in metal finishes.  There's kit chrome, silver paint, and a selection of different Alclads.
Kawasaki 500-SS:Mach III (H1) WIP 06-06-2021 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

NARSES2

Neat looking bike  :thumbsup:

As for painting eyes, they always have been recognised as the most difficult part of figure painting. Very hard to get looking reasonable and even more difficult is to get the pair of them looking the same. Never came to terms with it when I was/could figure paint.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Looking good, Fred! :thumbsup:

Archer Fine Transfers do iris decals.

https://www.archertransfers.com/CAT_EyeballTatts.html

BTW, how's Sea Witch coming along? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

You need the dreaded 'Single Bristle Brush' to do eyes well I reckon.  :o

I've NEVER had any success in doing them in any scale, and most of my eye painting has been with 1/32 scale slot car drivers. Luckily most of them wear peaked or full face helmets so you've REALLY got to look hard to see the mess I've made of the eyes! :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I haven't touched Sea Witch since I got the masts on.  It has a fine layer of dust on it.
I've got two weeks leave coming up when (along with building a pergola, completing the one week GB, and making marmalade) I hope to at least give it a clean and maybe even commence rigging.
Fred

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on June 09, 2021, 05:00:50 AM
I haven't touched Sea Witch since I got the masts on.  It has a fine layer of dust on it.
I've got two weeks leave coming up when (along with building a pergola, completing the one week GB, and making marmalade) I hope to at least give it a clean and maybe even commence rigging.

Best of luck with the pergola!  I need to square  ours up properly after a very windy winter has made it  "somewhat slantendicular" (a term coined by our number one son about 25 years ago)

Madame R is our house marmaladiere  and proudly boasts a GOLD and two SILVERS  from the  marmalade  festival held annually  at Dalemain Hall in the Lake District.      https://www.dalemain.com/marmalade-festival/    May your pectin levels be superior and your shred never sink!!(she tells me to pass on this support)

Having attempted to fully rig an Airfix Vasa kit in 1975 (I'd been to Stockholm in 1967 and seen the real thing)  I wish you endless patience  and the ability to enter a ZEN-NIRVANA state of utter calm before starting any rigging work.   A good cup of tea, a plain choccy digestive biscuit and the repeated chanting of the mantra "Whiffery is meant to be fun"  might assist in reaching this state.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

Tying the ratlines is the part i'm REALLY looking forward to.
Actually i'm looking forward to all the rigging it in a perverse sort of way.  I like to try new modelling things.  Whether I ever try it a second time will depend on the result.
It can't be worse than rigging a 1/72 biplane.  After all this thing is huge and the thread is thick enough to be visible to my naked eye.  I am also not whiffing it so all I have to do is follow the instructions...
:angel:

I have a secret weapon when it comes to pectin levels - Mrs z's nieces limes.  I don't know if it's the type or the soil or what but marmalade made with them sets beautifully.  I shall be mixing them with the stately zen manor lemons.
I learnt to make marmalade from my mother who has won prizes at the village fete.  I favour chunky peel which I cut with scissors for speed.
Thank Madame R for her support.
Fred

NARSES2

Do you remember when model sailing ships came with "rubberised" rigging and netting ?