Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

You could mix and match, like the D.VII at the NMUSAF

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

That's a nice looking D.VII. Pink was a quite often used on D.VII's
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

It is a nice looking D VII.  Unfortunately Eduard only provide lozenge transfers for the wings and I am not painting it on the fuselage.
Not in 1/72.

I have an idea in my head involving pink/yellow checks.  Presumably a squadron connected to the Battenberg family.   ;D

The zero paint job was practice for a checked Be 2c I have been thinking about.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 25, 2021, 04:07:37 AM

I have an idea in my head involving pink/yellow checks.  Presumably a squadron connected to the Battenberg family.   ;D

Very, very rarely someone cracks a "silly" which actually earns them "brownies points" which can be offset against "naughty boy" marks chalked up, and boy do you need them  ;) ;D

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 25, 2021, 05:49:49 AM

Very, very rarely someone cracks a "silly" which actually earns them "brownies points" which can be offset against "naughty boy" marks chalked up, and boy do you need them  ;) ;D

Yup!!  On this occasion I think that a positive Brownie Point is most appropriate.       

Should it be of use to you, my little sister used to lead an infestation pack of Brownies, and I think she still has a spare tin of Brownie Points available, should you ever run low on stocks.  She took Brownies in a rough area for nearly 30 years, which I think entitles her to a DSO at very least.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Rheged on June 25, 2021, 06:20:39 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 25, 2021, 05:49:49 AM

Yup!!  On this occasion I think that a positive Brownie Point is most appropriate.       

Should it be of use to you, my little sister used to lead an infestation pack of Brownies, and I think she still has a spare tin of Brownie Points available, should you ever run low on stocks.  She took Brownies in a rough area for nearly 30 years, which I think entitles her to a DSO at very least.

Nice use of the oft-neglected Group Monicker for Littlies (of whatever derivation).
Of course, the Group Term when they get a bit older becomes a Twitter of Tweenies (also good for either gender).

Fred - yes, those are the Ratlines I was referring to, but I hadn't remembered ol' WitchiePoo was so large. Sorry about that.

NARSES2

Who's the image in your new Avatar of Fred ?

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

TheChronicOne

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 24, 2021, 06:12:26 AM
Neat Zero  :thumbsup:

Hell yeah!! I've always loved that one.... 

I seem to be pressed for time and sapped for energy....perpetually.....normally I'd comment individually in the appropriate threads but not so much lately.  but!  I've finally sat down to try to get caught up around here and have been looking, if not commenting, at everything and you've been knocking out some really killer sh!t in these last months, Fred!!!!! 
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Thanks Brad C.
:thumbsup:

Back to work today after two weeks off.  No modelling done.
Asked to work a full day tomorrow so will get none done tomorrow either.
Yesterday though I dusted, and then attached the first rigging line to the Sea Witch.  Took me about 1/2 an hour to knot the too short ends of a piece of cotton around the mast.  I could have replaced it with a longer piece which would have made it easier to knot but I am stubborn.

Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 28, 2021, 04:48:50 AM
but I am stubborn.

And more often than "knot" that's an attribute  :thumbsup: Sorry I couldn't resist  :angel:

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on June 28, 2021, 04:48:50 AM
Yesterday though I dusted, and then attached the first rigging line to the Sea Witch.  Took me about 1/2 an hour to knot the too short ends of a piece of cotton around the mast.  I could have replaced it with a longer piece which would have made it easier to knot but I am stubborn.

One of these years, I'm going to get the gumption to do the 1/96 USS Constitution I have in my stash (as USS Enterprise).  But I keep looking at it and quail at the thought of not only rigging her but also tying down all the guns.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

I would never have built the Sea Witch for myself.  Simply because of the sheer size.  I would have nowhere to keep it if it were mine.  My Brother in Law has a large office he can put it in.

Fred

zenrat

Fred