Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

That's come out really well Fred  :bow:

Interestingly Hannants were advertising its 1/72 cousin as being fresh in this week

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ZEB72114?result-token=c6L3L

I was thinking of having a good old mooch at the next show I attend for a 1/35 scale armoured car and this build hardens my resolve  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Here's what I have for this dio so far.  It's to be Poland '39.  When the Red Army and the Wehrmacht were not at each others throats.  Both vehicles will be weathered and figures will be added (Russian, German, and civilians).
Poland 1939 WIP 05-09-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Be interesting to see it with the commanders in each others vehicles and the rest of the crews just chatting with each other ? Or maybe one crew boasting about their vehicle to the other ?

Anyway I like the idea a lot  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 05, 2021, 05:45:46 AM
Be interesting to see it with the commanders in each others vehicles and the rest of the crews just chatting with each other ? Or maybe one crew boasting about their vehicle to the other ?

A comical version would have the figures all pointing in different directions at something in the distance. Including at least one guy looking at a blank wall with binoculars.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

scooter

Quote from: kerick on September 05, 2021, 08:08:51 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on September 05, 2021, 05:45:46 AM

A comical version would have the figures all pointing in different directions at something in the distance. Including at least one guy looking at a blank wall with binoculars.

So some Leutnant\Junior Lieutenant, then?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: kerick on September 05, 2021, 08:08:51 AM

:drink: Awesome!  :cheers:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Old Wombat

A similar idea has been mooted elsewhere, elsewhen as commentary on the vast number of figure set kits (especially, but far from exclusively, Dragon) that have someone pointing uselessly into the wide yonder. ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

The 1/12 Kawasaki is almost finished.  Just some finishing touches to do.

Having brush painted some body coloured parts of the Cyber Formula car and failed to get a good enough finish (thought it would happen but I had to try) I have stripped them and will airbrush them (with Mr Color acrylic - not my favourite medium to airbrush with).

And resisting the temptation to start something new (I had an Airfix Harrier GR7/9 on the bench slated for a Russian air superiority blue scheme to try out the Hataka blue line set, but I put it back) I got on with the Fokker D VII.  All the lozenge and balkenkreuz transfers being in place I did battle with the PE fret.  The cooling jackets for the Spandaus refused to roll up nicely so I attached PE sights and cocking handles to the examples with moulded plastic jackets. I then went on to lose both of the top side elevator actuating arms. I successfully replaced them with the lower aileron actuating arms (no-one will look under the upper wing will you) and also managed to attach the upper arms to the upper wings without losing either of them.
TBH I would be happy to build this without these tiny PE parts but as they are there I shall endeavour to attach them.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

I've never had success with etched cooling jackets even after annealing them first  :banghead:

zenrat

It rolled easilly, but I didn't have anything the right diameter to form it round and then messed it up.

No biggie.  I'm sure I would have managed to mangle them with my big fat clumsy fingers later on.

1/35 PE cooling jacket?  Yes.
1/48?  Maybe.
1/72?  No.
Fred

zenrat

1/12 Kawasaki KH 500-SS Mach III.  Finished other than a few licks of chrome on the mirrors and print a number plate.  I have already broken off one foot rest once, the cable loop on the front mudguard stay four times, and snapped a mirror stem (while it was still on the sprue).  This is so fragile I doubt it will ever leave its place in a display case.

Kawasaki 500-SS Mach III (H1) WIP 14-09-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

DogfighterZen

Looks very good, Fred. Probably a lot of fun to ride a real one. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

I always wanted one of these.  I have no doubt that, given my history of crashing motorcycles in my twenties and early thirties, had I got one I would have wrecked both it and myself.
It does have exactly the right number of cylinders.
Fred

NARSES2