Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzbomb

Pretty ordinary Fred.
All I had to contend with so far was sweeping up leaves.
good job getting it all put to right in such short order though

kerick

You might want to consider cutting down the rest of that tree as a preventive measure.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

This isn't my first rodeo.  Last bough that came off (different tree, destroyed car port mk1) smashed tiles on the front of the garage roof.

Cup Day is a state public holiday.

Nurses need our full support as they are the ones who'll end up looking after those who refuse to vaccinate when the inevitable happens and they catch it.  My friend usually runs a neurosurgery operating theatre but has been seconded to covid patients.  Still, when on the covid ward she doesn't need to wear the lead lined PPE.

Arborists will be coming to inspect the remains if the tree.  It has suffered from the inexpert trimming of the power companies minions, has some rot in it, is decidedly lopsided now, and is still huge.  If it has to go, so be it but it will be a shame as it was there before the house and it has been known to have a koala in it.
Here's what's left.  You can see the scar where the bough came off.
20211029_074450 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on November 03, 2021, 03:47:25 AM
Arborists will be coming to inspect the remains if the tree.  It has suffered from the inexpert trimming of the power companies minions, has some rot in it, is decidedly lopsided now, and is still huge.  If it has to go, so be it but it will be a shame as it was there before the house and it has been known to have a koala in it.

I know all about power company's inexpert minions and trees.  There are two large trees, one of which is quite dead and rotted right on the property line that they always miss.  I've been waiting for them to come down across the street and take out both power and cable.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rheged

Quote from: scooter on November 03, 2021, 04:37:00 AM

I know all about power company's inexpert minions and trees. 

Yes indeed!  It tends to be people fitting fibre broadband cable round here.  If they don't go in for inexpert pruning, they dig trenches that sever the roots of trees, then are really surprised when the tree falls over.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on November 03, 2021, 05:44:27 AM

Yes indeed!  It tends to be people fitting fibre broadband cable round here.  If they don't go in for inexpert pruning, they dig trenches that sever the roots of trees, then are really surprised when the tree falls over.

Yes, they did that round here. Virgin Fibre wanted to dig a trench THROUGH my garden for their fibre line, and seemed amazed when I suggested they a) pay me an annual rent and b) that I got a good deal on a fibre line, but they said they didn't do things like that.

So they didn't get to dig the trench either.................. :wacko:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on November 03, 2021, 03:47:25 AM

Nurses need our full support as they are the ones who'll end up looking after those who refuse to vaccinate when the inevitable happens and they catch it. 

Totally agree mate  :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 03, 2021, 06:33:48 AM

Yes, they did that round here. Virgin Fibre wanted to dig a trench THROUGH my garden for their fibre line, and seemed amazed when I suggested they a) pay me an annual rent and b) that I got a good deal on a fibre line, but they said they didn't do things like that.

You got lucky.  Depending on the state, they would have gone to a judge to seize their right of way from you through eminent domain.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Pellson

Is now the time to tell that I'm actually a power grid engineer..?  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

kerick

As long as you're not the tree trimming guy!
A few year's ago in my area the tree trimming contractor was about to enter this one old lady's yard and she actually pulled a gun on them. The cops talked her into giving up the gun fortunately. Don't remember if the trees got trimmed or not.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 03, 2021, 06:33:48 AM

What?  :o
Trench-less cable and piping installation machinery has been around for yonks
and today is better than ever. Sure they don't want to pay to keep the machinery
on hand, but there are contractors out there who specialize and the cost can be
written off as a business expense. It also takes less time than trenching.

PR19_Kit

Apparently not in this part of the world, but then it is a bit like living in the 1950s around here sometimes...........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: Pellson on November 03, 2021, 10:27:06 AM
Is now the time to tell that I'm actually a power grid engineer..?  ;)

I did wonder what you did.  What's the power supply set up over there?  State owned or private?
The inept tree trimming is carried out by contractors who have got the job because they submitted the lowest tender to the privatised utility company who's sole aim is to profit to please the shareholders (assuming they are not one of those owned by Chinese interests).
There are a lot of bizarre looking Y shaped trees around here.  They are the ones growing on nature strips (verges) directly under power lines which have had the centres cut out by the minions.
Of course some blame should be directed at the (probably long retired) council employee who decided to plant trees directly below power lines which would out-grow them height wise.
However, my tree was there before the powerlines.  It's one of the few remaining trees from back when stately zen manor was a swamp.
We have planted a a number of new trees. Amongst them a River Red Gum which i'm hoping will grow to 30m.  Probably not until after i've shuffled off this mortal coil though.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

Ah yes, the best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago!
Tophe the Wise

Steel Penguin

naaaa, the best time to plant tress is 5-10 years before you move,  :wacko:  that way they look fine for your time, then the new owners have to do all the high level stuff.
I have a particular plan of collecting conkers and acorns during my late 50s early 60s, then seeding them on verges etc, ill be loooong gone by the time they become prominent
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!