Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Re-reading words I wrote in a backstory sparked some inspiration and i've started and Airfix Swift.

Something along these lines...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Love that pic.  Hasegawa used it as box art and I am very tempted to build the kit OOB (the Hasegawa Sabre Dog, not the Swift).

As both the Swift and La200b will be in NMF I am going to build them in parallel with the aim of painting them at the same time.  Maybe I should also build the Sabre Dog?  Although I feel that trying to build three in parallel might be one too many.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

I tend to work on three at a time as that normally means I have something to work on whilst glue, paint dries etc. I tried to emulate Dizzy and work on one at a time, but just couldn't  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

That would be three Aircraft at one time...

...plus at least five cars, one clipper ship, and if I can't resist the temptation some 1/48 armour.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on December 08, 2021, 02:58:16 AM
That would be three Aircraft at one time...

...plus at least five cars, one clipper ship, and if I can't resist the temptation some 1/48 armour.

Ah right  ;) ;D

jcf

Quote from: zenrat on December 06, 2021, 03:04:04 AM
Re-reading words I wrote in a backstory sparked some inspiration and i've started and Airfix Swift.

Something along these lines...

A Swift with a similar Mighty-Mouse pack?

Remember to always make sure the pack is fully lowered before firing.  ;D

TheChronicOne

Yikes!!!   Aircraft nearly shooting themselves down or actually achieving it has happened a surprising number of times. --Any number above zero is "surprising."  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

Good thing it didn't shoot the nose gear off!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

Itchy Trigger Finger...  :banghead:

Just as well he didn't have to pay for the damage!

scooter

Quote from: kerick on December 09, 2021, 03:35:14 PM
Good thing it didn't shoot the nose gear off!

Or shoot up a high school
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

A quick note regarding bashing a La-200B to a F-86 Sabre ......... Use a 1/48 Sabre & a 1/72 La-200B. :rolleyes:

I kinda missed that the La-200B was a two-seater & the 1/72 A&A kit could swallow my Italeri 1/72 F-86F whole, quite literally! :o

So, unless there's a 1/144 kit of the La-200B out there, you're going to be building a 1/48 bash. :-X

Further to this, my 1/48 F-86K could swallow the 1/72 La-200 whole, too, however, if you cut the noses off both just in front of the cockpit*, the 1/72 La-200B nose should fit the 1/48 Sabre with minimal building-up or PSR work required. :thumbsup:

Now I just need to buy myself another 1/48 Sabre! :banghead: :banghead:

[*: Just leave the nose-gear bays in place when you do that.]
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Busy busy busy.
Minimal bench time although I have managed to squeeze in a flame job on the '49 Ford and a basecoat of Middle Stone on fence the Gun Car.
That was in-between making a second minion to decorate stately zen manor's front fence, building a platform to sit on top of a dining table to take the xmas tree and xmas Lego, mowing the grass, and building the aforementioned Lego.
Fred

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe