Progress.

Swift has copious reminders to myself.
Supermarine Swift WIP 15-01-2022 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

La-200b has a perplexed look...
Lavochkin La-200b WIP 15-01-2022 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
...and horrible fit.
Lavochkin La-200b WIP 15-01-2022 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on January 15, 2022, 04:22:36 AM
Progress.

Swift has copious reminders to myself.
Supermarine Swift WIP 15-01-2022 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Glad to see I'm not the only person to scribble "reminders to self" in/on my models in progress  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 15, 2022, 05:43:59 AM
...Glad to see I'm not the only person to scribble "reminders to self" in/on my models in progress  ;D

And they worked.  It's all closed up now and I didn't forget either item.
Fred

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on January 16, 2022, 01:51:45 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on January 15, 2022, 05:43:59 AM
...Glad to see I'm not the only person to scribble "reminders to self" in/on my models in progress  ;D

And they worked.  It's all closed up now and I didn't forget either item.

Job Sor'ed, then!

Good idea, worth noting!  :thumbsup:
(as long as I can remember to read and take notice of my own instructions!)

zenrat

It is possible to have a fuselage open so long that you stop registering what you have written and close it up without following your own instructions.  Don't ask me how I know this.
:banghead:
Fred

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on January 18, 2022, 02:43:12 AM
It is possible to have a fuselage open so long that you stop registering what you have written and close it up without following your own instructions.  Don't ask me how I know this.
:banghead:

Yes, I completely know where you are coming from... also 'Don't ask etc'...

zenrat

Milhouse is now primed.  This has made all the badly fitting seams (and there are a lot fo them) stand out like sore thumbs.
Which was of course the intention so I can see where to put the putty.
Fred

zenrat

Millhouse has moved into the PSR workshop while the Swift is having some over eager sanding repaired on one wing next to the ailerons.
So I grabbed a Hasegawa MiG 17 down from the Box Art & Font collection and started that.  Unlike the two kits mentioned in the line above I have got the basic structure (fuselage, wings and tails) together a day.  Fit is good so far although the intake and radar nose will require a little adjusting.  It'll be a PDRV Republican Guard aircraft.

I have also picked up a 1/25ish car build I painted years ago.  It's a resin kit with very little in the way of detail (no engine, no interior, no underside detail) so hopefully won't take long.  It has white metal parts which needed polishing which is what was putting me off.
Fred

zenrat

Pulled this off the shelf of "could do better and/or needs fixing".
Goatsucker (07-04-2008) 30-01-2022. 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Called Goatsucker I built it in 2008 (dated inside the body) from bits and pieces but I was never 100% happy with it.  I don't like the wheels or the excessive chassis overhang at the front and I could have done better with the rear mudguards.
Also, the body (Revell Dan Fink's Speedwagon) is suffering badly from ghosting where I filled the "woody" sections.  I did that because I wasn't confident about painting the woodgrain back then.
Now though I have a couple of other woodys under my belt and am more confident about tackling it.
It also had a broken front axle where a shelf fell on it.
I pulled the whole thing apart today, had a rummage through the Hot Rod parts box, filled the stripping tank with fresh brake fluid and dropped in the body (it should loosen the old filler as well as the paint).

Fred

NARSES2

I know now't about cars, real or otherwise, but must admit the tyres grate with me a tad. The paintwork is top notch though mate  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Hey, Fred - given your interest (/obsession?  ;)) in the subject matter, have you seen that there's this?

https://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/books-ae-c-4_121/batman-batmobile-owners-manual-hardcover-book-p-30014.html

zenrat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on January 30, 2022, 03:23:15 PM
Hey, Fred - given your interest (/obsession?  ;)) in the subject matter, have you seen that there's this?

https://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/books-ae-c-4_121/batman-batmobile-owners-manual-hardcover-book-p-30014.html

Thanks mate.  Not quite focussed enough for me (my obsession is only for the '66 Batmobile) but it did cause to find this.  Well done.
:thumbsup:

https://www.abbeys.com.au/book/batmobile-cutaways.do
Fred

Rick Lowe

Glad to help.  :thumbsup:

The title "Batmobile cutaways", and a sticker saying "With Vehicles From Batman!"...
... as opposed to Vehicles from somewhere else?...  :-\ :banghead:

I saw an interesting comic - sorry, Graphic Novel  :rolleyes: - in the library yesterday - a Crossover story with Batman '66 and The Avengers. With baddies from both series, of course!
Not too bad a yarn, if you can/want to find it.