Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on January 31, 2022, 08:14:59 PM
...I saw an interesting comic - sorry, Graphic Novel  :rolleyes: - in the library yesterday - a Crossover story with Batman '66 and The Avengers. With baddies from both series, of course!
Not too bad a yarn, if you can/want to find it.

Cathy Gale, Emma Peel, or Tara King?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on February 01, 2022, 01:50:11 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on January 31, 2022, 08:14:59 PM
...I saw an interesting comic - sorry, Graphic Novel  :rolleyes: - in the library yesterday - a Crossover story with Batman '66 and The Avengers. With baddies from both series, of course!
Not too bad a yarn, if you can/want to find it.

Cathy Gale, Emma Peel, or Tara King?

The One True Sidekick, of course  :wub: - "Mrs Peel, You're Needed..."   ;)

zenrat

:wub: indeed.

Lavochkin La-200b, Supermarine Swift, and a stray MiG 17 that snuck onto the bench are nearly finished with PSR.  All three are going to be NMF so extra fussing is the order of the day.
No pics of the Swift but here are the other two.

La 200b was ready to get its gloss black undercoat when I decided to rescribe just a couple more panel lines...
...and the dymo tape pulled off paint right down to bedrock.  Maybe there is something to this washing the parts business?
La 200b by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Mig 17 is ready for Gloss Black now stubborn sink marks in the top of the wings have been dealt with.
MiG 17 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

And here's a size comparison.  Lavochkin is a big bugger.
MiG 17 La 200b by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

And i'm building some early Soviet AAMs to arm the La-200b with.
Early Soviet AAM by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

I had a moment at the bench today.  They played Rainbow Connection on the radio and I teared up.  This song was the last one played at the funeral of a good modelling friend.  He succumbed to liver cancer six years ago aged 42.  Far too young for someone so full of life with so much more to do.  He had an evil sense of humour and had planned his own funeral and I am sure he was chuckling when he chose that song.
Ba$tard.
Miss you Rob.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on February 04, 2022, 02:47:30 AM

La 200b was ready to get its gloss black undercoat when I decided to rescribe just a couple more panel lines...
...and the dymo tape pulled off paint right down to bedrock.  Maybe there is something to this washing the parts business?

Had a similar experience the other day. Made a mental note to wash the next kits I start, but will I remember, that is the question ?  :angel:

Quote from: zenrat on February 04, 2022, 02:47:30 AM

And here's a size comparison.  Lavochkin is a big bugger.
MiG 17 La 200b by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

And i'm building some early Soviet AAMs to arm the La-200b with.
Early Soviet AAM by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

It is a big so and so isn't it. I didn't realise just how big it was. Missile looks good  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Thanks Chris.

PSR finished on Milhouse (La-200b).  Unless some ghosting shows up from under the primer as it cures then after a polish with a worn sanding sponge it will be ready for paint.

Finished reassembling the Goatsucker body.  The brake fluid did the job on the paint and putty (cellulose car body knifing putty) but also leached the plasticisers out of the styrene making it brittle and causing the body to break into a number of parts while being scrubbed with old toothbrushes.  This is the disadvantage of stripping with brake fluid.  Some plastic get brittle quicker than others (and you never know how they will react until you try)  but this one got weaker much quicker than average.  I have a feeling that I may have stripped it once already back when it was first built 14 years ago.
Still, I got it back together ok and it'll be fine if I treat it gently.

Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on February 06, 2022, 03:00:18 AM

How many times have we said that in our lives ?  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 06, 2022, 06:14:29 AM
Quote from: zenrat on February 06, 2022, 03:00:18 AM

How many times have we said that in our lives ?  :angel:

And about how many different things/situations?  :-\

zenrat

Got the gloss black on all three airframes today plus a large selection of fiddley bits (UC doors, flaps etc).
I did take a pic but black being what it is it just looks like three silhouettes.

Fred

zenrat

I have Alcladded all three airframes.
MiG and Supermarine with Polished Aluminium and Lavochkin with Stainless Steel.
Lavochkin La-200b WIP 12-02-2022 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

McColm

zenrat

Fred

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

DogfighterZen

Milhouse is looking good indeed! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Thanks folks. 
Work progresses.

Apart from that I spent part of today sorting out part of the car stash.  I reorganised and consolidated the boxes containing started builds, abandoned builds, bodies with no chassis, chassis' with no bodies etc.
While doing this it struck me that I could be working my way through my stash much faster if only I could build them OOB instead of having to modify everything.
Where's the fun in that though?

Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on February 13, 2022, 03:11:35 AM

While doing this it struck me that I could be working my way through my stash much faster if only I could build them OOB instead of having to modify everything.
Where's the fun in that though?

Are you even meant to do that anyway? I know some do, but they're REALLY crazy!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit