Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 19, 2022, 04:23:14 AM
A lot of South Londoners.  More specifically Borough and Southwark. 

A part of the smoke I know, or knew, very well.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

frank2056

Quote from: comrade harps on May 18, 2022, 06:28:50 AM
l remember hearing the story of a woman who got a surprise with her ancestry DNA results. A while later, she got an update with different results. The database had been updated with DNA from an ethnic group (her own) that had previously been unrepresented.

In the US at least, it's common for people to angrily complain that the DNA tests are wrong - because they show no Native American ancestry because their great grandmother was most certainly a Cherokee. (Cherokee is the most common fantasy ancestor). No way that they could have African or Mexican ancestry. No way!

zenrat

One of my sisters in law did the DNA test at the same time as Mrs z and I.  She was convinced she had indigenous blood and was planning on knocking out "genuine" aboriginal dot painting pottery to sell on line.  She was so disappointed.

Mrs z came into my shed today and looked at the 'free to a good home' air fleet laid out on Dadswell Bridge (the pic last page).  She suggested it would make a good boneyard dio.
Possibly, but I want to strip and rebuild the Boomerang and Buffalo, and there are never enough Hurricane whiffs.

My three "oops i appear to have started something else" aircraft builds (MiG 23, Me 410 and a B&V Luft 46 thing) are all about to get paint.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on May 20, 2022, 04:52:47 AM

Mrs z came into my shed today and looked at the 'free to a good home' air fleet laid out on Dadswell Bridge (the pic last page).  She suggested it would make a good boneyard dio.

Proof, if it were needed, that you are married to a most imaginative, perceptive lady!!

.............and I agree; one can NEVER, EVER have too many Hurricane whiffs.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

Two days without bench time due to family duties and work.
I'm getting twitchy...

i've been pondering the origin of the free to a good home Hurricane.  A four cannon aircraft moulded in black plastic.  I'm thinking Heller Hurricane Mk IIc.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 23, 2022, 04:52:54 AM
Two days without bench time due to family duties and work.
I'm getting twitchy...

i've been pondering the origin of the free to a good home Hurricane.  A four cannon aircraft moulded in black plastic.  I'm thinking Heller Hurricane Mk IIc.

Might be Heller, they did an intruder version. Matchbox did an intruder as well but that was in two coloured plastic, grey/brown from memory ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

If it was black plastic there's a good chance it was the FROG kit. That was a night fighter with twin cannon in each wing.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Some Heller kits were moulded in black plastic in the late 90s and onwards.  The Spitfire 16 definitely was.

Would need a photo to confirm.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Rick Lowe

I have a Heller Hurricane MkII in Basic Black... with snazzy tape-adhesive striping...   :-\

zenrat

I'll take a pic.
I has no wheels, no canopy, only one elevator, and only three of the four gun barrels are attached.
Fred

zenrat

Quote from: zenrat on May 17, 2022, 04:37:22 AM
Hmm, yes.  Milhouse.
I must take the pics....

I've taken them, but am struggling with the back story.

Fred

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on May 24, 2022, 03:03:16 AM
I'll take a pic.
I has no wheels, no canopy, only one elevator, and only three of the four gun barrels are attached.

Probably the Frog kit then, as the Heller one has the elevators and cannon barrels moulded with the wings.

zenrat

Fred

The Wooksta!

FROG, as the control surfaces are separate.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Yep, I'd recognise that anywhere.  :thumbsup:

The stand slot in the radiator's a good FROG recco point as well.

I've built 4-5 of them in my time, they always seemed a little less 'brutish' than the Airfix Hurricane of the period.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit