Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on June 03, 2022, 04:42:02 AM
Thanks Chris.

Womby - that is Vallejo 71401 UK BSC 28 Silver Grey Matt.   It's one of the recommended colours in some variations of the Caunter scheme.
It's one of those colours which changes a lot depending on the light.  Under my bench lighting it looks green.  It's an ugly colour but i think it suits the MiG.

:thumbsup:

I have the SMS colour, which I haven't used, yet, & was wondering because it looks like it might be a fairly close match.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 03, 2022, 08:10:14 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 03, 2022, 04:42:02 AM
Thanks Chris.

Womby - that is Vallejo 71401 UK BSC 28 Silver Grey Matt.   It's one of the recommended colours in some variations of the Caunter scheme.
It's one of those colours which changes a lot depending on the light.  Under my bench lighting it looks green.  It's an ugly colour but i think it suits the MiG.

:thumbsup:

I have the SMS colour, which I haven't used, yet, & was wondering because it looks like it might be a fairly close match.

Oh i'm not saying it's not an accurate colour.  It's just not what i was expecting under the name "silver grey".
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

I was saying a match for the Vallejo. No clue about the real colour & no real care, either.

However, it looked like an oddly ugly colour, given its name, but I wasn't sure because, as we all know, sometimes paints don't look the same or even similar when they dry.

Your MiG 23 has proven to me that it is NOT a colour I want to use in any sizable blocks but should be suitable for use in various camouflage schemes.

zenrat

It's so ugly it's the sort of colour you'd expect to see 70's japanese cars painted in.
It's perfect for the MiG 23 given it's not an aircraft i particularly like the look of.  I was going to add some contrasting camo on the topside but as that might improve things I'm not going to.  I'm sticking with ugly for this one.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

zenrat

I've put some transfers on the MiG 23.  I've kept it plain (so as not to risk prettying it up) with grey Low Viz PDRV roundels and grey bort numbers.  Back story will be it is a test scheme undergoing inservice trials.
Its still ugly.

Me 410 & BV 213 have now been satin cleared over the transfers and await the fiddly bits.

Red Rattler (ex Goatsucker) body is ready for masking so I can satin clear the woodwork and roof.

I've started a '57 Chevy Gasser/Street Freak to be christened Brainstorm (I've been listening to Hawkwind while I work).  Power will be a supercharged 421 ci Super Duty Pontiac V8 (Revell Parts Pack) driving through a B&M Hydro Stick transmission.  I've dug out some Micky Thompson cheater slicks and a Parts Box resin straight axle.

And because having finished Milhouse there is a place for weird and ugly on the bench I have started one of these.

I read somewhere that a few were fitted with Soviet T-28 turrets and I just happened to have put an example (ex Hobby Boss BA-3) in the box.

Fred

PR19_Kit

What the HELL is that?  :o

It's not much like a BA-3 (I had to read it up on Wiki...) as it's got too many wheels, and the body is nowhere near the same shape.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Steyr ADGZ heavy armoured car.
Looks just as weird and ugly coming as going...
Fred

PR19_Kit

How can you tell which IS the front or the back?  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Front has the cooling louvres (open in the picture).  But it can be driven from either end.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 13, 2022, 05:05:09 AM
But it can be driven from either end.

As could most armoured cars of the period and a fair few had a driver permanently stationed at both positions as well. I've always had a soft spot for between the Wars Austrian kit for some reason ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Steyr ADGZ (M35 Mittlere Panzerwagen) with Soviet T-26 turret (45mm anti tank gun).
Hobby Boss, Hobby Boss, and Panzer Art barrel.
As it stands, this is currently a RW build...

Steyr ADGZ WIP 24-06-2022 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

ericr

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 12, 2022, 08:42:10 AM
How can you tell which IS the front or the back?  :o

makes me think of the "bicéphale" 2cv

Rheged

Then of course there was the two headed/ double engined Mini Moke.  I understand that originally it had two gear levers, and if the driver got it wrong it tried to set off in diametrically opposed directions..............and ended up going nowhere (and possibly producing a smell of burning clutch-plate)
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

scooter

Then there's the 1909 Studebaker Electric car

(More here, or if the image link doesn't work)

1953 Chevy Bel Air, with an appropriate tag of "YBLEGAL"

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng