Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 30, 2022, 05:50:17 AM

I opened a container to get a sanding pad and there it was.

So it's learned how to open and close containers ? Evolution in progress  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Yes.  Worrying isn't it.  Am I going to find 1.2mm holes drilled in places I have no memory of drilling them?
Wiil it teach #2 and #3 it's tricks?
Do I need to segregate them and lock them away when left unwatched?

Mostly Gnat work today in the time I had (I worked until 12:30 then needed to buy food) plus LHC GB and Harpy but I did paint the props and wheels of the Me 410 and glued the crew in.
Footy was on the radio but Essendon vs Sydney held no interest so I plugged in the iPod and had Hawkwind blaring all afternoon.  Took me back to my youth and was very conducive to whiffing.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Quote from: zenrat on June 24, 2022, 03:56:59 AM
Steyr ADGZ (M35 Mittlere Panzerwagen) with Soviet T-26 turret (45mm anti tank gun).
Hobby Boss, Hobby Boss, and Panzer Art barrel.
As it stands, this is currently a RW build...

Steyr ADGZ WIP 24-06-2022 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Anyone building one of these don't do what I did above.
Don't, despite the instructions telling you to do so, glue the doors onto the lower hull before joining the upper and lower hull.
I discovered today, while dry fitting, that to get the top half and the bottom half to meet the bottom half needs to bend upwards (you can see the gap wn the photo at the RH end).  If the doors are glued on then they will fight the required bending and bulge either out or in.  I have had to cut them off destroying them in the process.  No problem though as they are just flat rhomboid shapes.  Easy to remake from thin evergreen sheet with rod for hinges.  I'm more concerned that when I join the top and bottom the required bending will lift wheels off the deck.

In other news I painted the Me 410's prop blades and glued it's wheels on.  I also offered up the canopy.  It's not going to fit without a fight.  The vertical window in the extreme nose has a very different curvature to the nose it is meant to be flush with.  I'd like to keep this as it is something distinctive to the 410 so I am going to try cutting the clear part into two or three sections so it will follow the curve.

MiG 23 got a dirty wash to make it look, ummmmmm dirty.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 02, 2022, 06:06:57 AM
Yes.  Worrying isn't it.  Am I going to find 1.2mm holes drilled in places I have no memory of drilling them?
Wiil it teach #2 and #3 it's tricks?
Do I need to segregate them and loc them away when left unwatched?

I suppose it could of been in the box because it wanted to hibernate or perhaps it was simply looking for a quiet, warm, comfortable place in which to have its litter, or whatever a group of pin vice young are called.  :angel: ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 03, 2022, 05:43:32 AM
I suppose it could of been in the box because it wanted to hibernate or perhaps it was simply looking for a quiet, warm, comfortable place in which to have its litter, or whatever a group of pin vice young are called.  :angel: ;)

A 'Sin of Vices', perhaps?

zenrat

Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on July 03, 2022, 07:12:56 PM

Very good  ;) ;D

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 04, 2022, 07:05:13 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on July 03, 2022, 07:12:56 PM

Very good  ;) ;D

Eye ThankyooSir

zenrat

Vises, not vices.

<pedant mode off>

Fred

NARSES2

Isn't that the US spelling ? Vice covers all the meanings in English ? (I think)

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 05, 2022, 05:36:20 AM
Isn't that the US spelling ? Vice covers all the meanings in English ? (I think)

Vice = Yes
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

Hmmm, seems the correct Australian spelling is vice.  Vise is the (an?) american spelling.

For clamping tools anyway.  When it comes to sex and drugs and all things nice then the universal spelling is vice.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 05, 2022, 05:51:23 AM
Hmmm, seems the correct Australian spelling is vice.  Vise is the (an?) american spelling.

For clamping tools anyway.  When it comes to sex and drugs and all things nice then the universal spelling is vice.

Yup and it's also used to refer to the second in command or deputy ; vice-captain, vice president etc. English is a strange old language  :rolleyes:

zenrat

Four builds coming close to conclusions;
  The Harpy (which has its own thread) is awaiting undercarriage and canopy.
  MiG 23 is awaiting undercarriage, canopy, hardpoints and weapons.
  Bv P.194 is awaiting canopy.
BV P.194 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
  Me 410 needs only a lick of paint.
Me 410 WIP 14-07-22 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

NARSES2

Both very nice sir, but I particularly like the B&V P.194  :thumbsup: