Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 05, 2022, 06:01:32 AM
Quote from: zenrat on July 05, 2022, 05:51:23 AM
Hmmm, seems the correct Australian spelling is vice.  Vise is the (an?) american spelling.

For clamping tools anyway.  When it comes to sex and drugs and all things nice then the universal spelling is vice.

Yup and it's also used to refer to the second in command or deputy ; vice-captain, vice president etc. English is a strange old language  :rolleyes:

There was an episode of the 60s TV show called "The Beverly Hillbillies" where Granny, the show's matriarch, gets upset with being called the "vice" president of a bank until they change the title to "nice" president by changing the v on the door to an n. You'll have to watch it to believe it. However, uncle Jed's daughter, Ellie May was smok'n hot!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 14, 2022, 05:48:15 AM
Both very nice sir, but I particularly like the B&V P.194  :thumbsup:

Thanks Chris.

Canopy on the BV today.  It's a vac form, which I normally don't get on with but in this case everything went OK.  Which is good because they didn't give me a spare.
I should build more of the "heavy fighters" in my stash, Hornet, Whirlwind, Ar 240, Mosquito, Me 110...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 15, 2022, 04:45:01 AM
Hornet, Whirlwind, Ar 240, Mosquito, Me 110...

Keep meaning to start my SH Hornet and Whirlwind and it was the Ar 240 that got me back into the hobby. I'd popped into Beatties at Holborn whilst on my way to meet someone, purely from a nostalgia point of view and they had the Revell night fighter boxing. I bought it simply because it was good to see a "might have been". Hadn't heard of the phrase "what if" at that point. And guess what ? I still haven't started it  :rolleyes:

Quote from: kerick on July 14, 2022, 04:38:46 PM
Ellie May was smok'n hot!

Quite possibly the first girl I "noticed"  ;) ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I have a couple of Eduard Me 110s.  Looks exquisite in the box with a baffling array of options.
However, once the 410, BV and Mig are finished I shall concentrate on the GB builds for a while and try and resist starting any more aircraft.

Yeah, right...
:rolleyes:
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 15, 2022, 05:51:40 AM

However, once the 410, BV and Mig are finished I shall concentrate on the GB builds for a while and try and resist starting any more aircraft.

Yeah, right...

Go on make it your charity challenge. Every kit you start over and above the GB ones you have to contribute a set amount to a charity of your better half's choice  ;) ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 15, 2022, 06:22:52 AM
Go on make it your charity challenge. Every kit you start over and above the GB ones you have to contribute a set amount to a charity of your better half's choice  ;) ;D

One doesn't need to make a rod for one's own back, with our friends on this forum...

;D ;)

zenrat

I had a Dragon Ar 234 out for inspection today.
It has an odd looking weapon hanging underneath it.  Anyone tell me what the thing assembled in stage 9 below  is supposed to be?

Picture 1 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The 410 and the BV are finished apart from stringing an aerial wire on each one.

I started painting the MiG 23 UC doors and weapons pylons.

I finished constructing a panelled in section behind the rear bodywork of the Red Rattler hot rod woody.  This is where, if it was a real car, the interior of the boot would be.  It's a part of the build that no one else will ever see unless I show them so I didn't really need to do it.  But I felt compelled to do so because I know it's there.
I also realised it had no petrol tank so I found a very old AMT '69 Camaro convertible (horrible kit) wreck in a box and robbed the one from that which almost fitted and so of course needed modification leading to more work that will probably never be seen.

But no new aircraft started.  Although I did think a 109 or 190 or 152 in the same scheme as the 410 and BV might be noice...
Fred

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

zenrat

Thanks Womby, Chris.

Another wonder weapon that was going to win the war eh...

Fred

Old Wombat

I think it was more a case of "We can't afford to make torpedoes, any more. This'll have to do!"
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

If I had known what it was I would have hung it under the BV P.194...

...which is now finished along with the Me 410.
I want to do pics on Dadswell Bridge Field and i'm waiting until i've finished the MiG 23 to get that out.
Here's progress.  UC doors and pylons are painted and just need clearing and attaching.  I have pinched a drop tank from a Hasegawa MiG 27 (they don't put one in the 23 kit even though they share sprues) but may replace the less than stellar kit AAMs with some from elsewhere.
MiG 23 WIP 21-07-22 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

I also got a new clock for my shed.  I've had my eye on this for a while.  It's been sitting on a shelf in the storeroom at work ever since it was removed about 10 years ago.  I asked, and i got.
Clock by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

NARSES2

Nice looking Mig  :thumbsup:

As for the clock. "don't ask, don't want" as my mother used to say  ;D Nice get  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Posting from my phone today is i am backing up my laptop and it is taking forever.

Finished the MiG today.  Turns out it can't carry missiles on the ventral hardpoints AND a droptank.  Pics soon.

MiG 23 PDRV PAF by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

NARSES2