Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Yes please Chris. That would be very helpfull.  If not for this one then for the other two.
 :thumbsup:

I satin cleared it today.
Tempest II WIP 22-10-2022 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

I also installed the Mitchell's engines into their cowlings.  There is room for a little more ballast between the back of the engines and the front of the nacelles should I need it.

Warm enough to do shiny paint today (I have a few car bodies need painting) but far too humid - my weather station had it at 90%.  This time of year is irritating.  Roll on summer.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Just e-mailed them to you mate
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Got them.
Thanks.
 :thumbsup:

Looking at the back of the Tempest boxI realised I hadn't put the walkway transfers on.
Upon investigation I discovered this was because there were not any.
So thisarvo I masked and painted them and some NMF panels aft of the exhausts.

Humidity dropped today (to 66%) so I crossed my fingers and put a couple of coats of shiny black on a Revell Ford coupe body.  I think I got away with it.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Dr. Griffin

Wow. It's looking really great Fred.

zenrat

Thanks Griff.

As today is Monday I got to do a full days work and so nothing creative (other than cooking) was undertaken.
Fred

zenrat

Two weeks leave started today.

I have begun masking the glazing on the Mitchell (have I mentioned I hate masking?).  I have a masking set which is an improvement over not having one (i am a convert, I've been buying them up).  I masked the cockpit canopy and started on the section over the bomb aimer at which point I had to stop and add additional PVA to one side.

Steyr PushMePullYou is finished.  I've kept the weathering light.  Accumulated dirt underneath and dust on top.  I've used pigments which are new to me so i've had to work out how to use them.  Sealing them without washing them off was the trick.
Pictures are still to be taken and back story to be written.

I also worked on some car models.  Hopefully the weather is good enough to paint the bodies before I have to go back to work.
Fred

NARSES2

Anything special planed for the break ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dr. Griffin

Looking forward to seeing those pictures.

PR19_Kit

You'll be done just in time for Telford.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 31, 2022, 06:25:11 AMAnything special planed for the break ?

Chores.  Catch up on sleep. Watch the final season of Better Call Saul and then immediately start watching Breaking Bad again.  Build models.  Walk the dog.
And apparently now three days of nephew sitting has been added to the list.  This one hasn't stayed here before.  I may be able to lure him into building a model...

All of which is special because it isn't going to work.
Fred

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on November 01, 2022, 04:04:28 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on October 31, 2022, 06:25:11 AMAnything special planed for the break ?

Chores.  Catch up on sleep. Watch the final season of Better Call Saul and then immediately start watching Breaking Bad again.  Build models.  Walk the dog.
And apparently now three days of nephew sitting has been added to the list.  This one hasn't stayed here before.  I may be able to lure him into building a model...

All of which is special because it isn't going to work.

With the exception of nephew sitting, sounds a bit like my week off next week.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Rick Lowe

"No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy", and similarly "No plan for your personal time survives contact with your Mum's/Sister's/Partner's To-Do list."

zenrat

Today's progress;
Primer on B-25 (finished masking yesterday. Did I mention I hate masking?  Although I do hate it less with pre cut masks).
Interior paint on a Hobby Boss A-7 Corsair II I seem to have begun (RAN).
Gloss over transfers on the Lasco Labrador.
Glued chassis to body of Airfix Jeep to be used as payload for logistics GB.
Took advantage of good weather (26℃) to paint Ford Coupe body with Alcladd.
Discovered Buick Riviera body STILL has ghosting where scripts were sanded off.  Dobbed on filler.
Began painting '57 Chevy body in psychedelic scheme.

And as promised elsewhere;

A quick breakdown of PDRV Law Enforcement.

The People's Democratic Republic of Victoria has three tiers of law enforcement.
The basic everyday police force, the most numerous, and the one most citizens interact with on a day to day basis (for most citizens the only one they ever interact with) is the Victorian State Police.  The VSP handle everyday law enforcement dealing with everything from lost dogs (no cats – they are illegal in the PDRV), to traffic control, to murder.  Victorian State Police officers are armed and have uniforms and equipment which would make them recognisable as police to citizens of most civilized countries.  Vehicles and aircraft used tend to be based on civilian models.

The next step up is the Republican Police who are responsible for policing threats to The Republic.  As the 'Repos' are also the ones who decide what constitutes a threat to The Republic this means they pretty much do what they want until told not to.
Republican Police Officers are heavily armed and have uniforms, equipment and tactics that would be familiar to anyone who has had dealings with the French CRS or Soviet Paramilitary Security Forces.
Marked vehicles and aircraft used are mostly military models with the heavier weapons (allegedly) removed.  Unmarked civilian vehicles (the Repos do not use unmarked aircraft) are used for covert surveillance.  Generally high performance station wagons and vans.

The highest level of PDRV law enforcement is the Secret State Police.  Secret in this case referring to its activities – its existence is not denied.  Very few citizens knowingly have anything to do with the Sestapo and those who do are usually loath to discuss the matter.  The Sestapo are the ones who tell the Repos when they have gone too far.  No-one tells the Sestapo.  They will use any vehicles and aircraft they feel the need to.  Whether unmarked civilian or military issue their equipment is notable for its complete lack of any registration, serial or unit numbers.

Conspiracy theory has it that there is a fourth tier of law enforcement – a shadowy organisation known as Extraordinary Action.  The Conspiracists would have it that these are the people who fly the black helicopters, abduct witnesses to government wrongdoing, and silence embarrassing public figures.  This is of course rubbish – those tasks are all carried out by the Sestapo.  It will never be publicly admitted but Extraordinary Action does exist within the Sestapo organisation and its purpose is to create just enough evidence of its existence that the conspiracies are fuelled while attention is drawn away from the truth.
Fred

zenrat

I think I mentioned a psychedelic 57 Chevy.  Well painting the psychedelic part has been taking up most of my bench time.  It's a pink to purple variation of BradC's inspirational contour camo concept.  Roof, boot, and rear wings will remain white.

57 Chevy Brainstorm WIP09-11-2022 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred