Lightning F6 EC (Enhanced Capability)

Started by albeback, January 02, 2015, 11:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

albeback

Quote from: DogfighterZen on January 03, 2015, 12:54:20 PM
Quote from: Martin H on January 03, 2015, 09:13:02 AM
Quote from: albeback on January 03, 2015, 04:23:13 AM
:smiley: I had thought about wingtip launchers for the Red Tops. I'm probably going to upset a lot of people here when I say that I do NOT consider the Lightning to be a particularly pretty machine. In fact, I think it's rather ugly ( cue cries of "Heretic! Burn him on the pyres of Smithfield"!)

I think your on fairly safe ground there. The Lightning wasnt built to be a looker, It was built to be Bleedin quick!

IMHO, this one is much better looking than the original design, although i think that the wing top missiles would look better if they were smaller, i really like the way the new tail and chin intake changes the overall look of the plane.  :thumbsup:

I wanted a big ,hefty missile to go with a big,hefty aeroplane! :lol:. Actually, they are (without the fins) about the same sizes as the over wing tanks. I had briefly considered scratching a pair of big Red Top lookalikes for the radar guided missiles but, as always, I opted for the easier option.

Allan
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

albeback

Quote from: Tophe on January 03, 2015, 03:26:26 AM
Much more pretty than the 'regular' Lightning, thanks for this improvement! :thumbsup:

You are very welcome! <_<
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

DogfighterZen

Quote from: albeback on January 03, 2015, 05:22:57 PM
  I wanted a big ,hefty missile to go with a big,hefty aeroplane! :lol:. Actually, they are (without the fins) about the same sizes as the over wing tanks. I had briefly considered scratching a pair of big Red Top lookalikes for the radar guided missiles but, as always, I opted for the easier option.

Allan

well, wouldn't wanna be in that beast's radar lock, that's for sure!!  ;D

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"