Xain JH-10 (Chinese copy of the Panavia Tornado)

Started by Jesse220, January 10, 2015, 04:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse220

I've been thinking if the Chines could copy off the Panavia Tornado, and use it as a stealth multi role fighter and a Fighter/Bomber. to replace the aging  J-7, J-8, and  JH-7, fighters. The Knock off of the Tornado would be equipped with plasma stealth tech and would have a twin tail like the F-14 Tomcat or the F-15 Eagle, and the nosecone would be like the F-22 Raptor's.

What would you say? :rolleyes:

Captain Canada

That would be a cool looking model ! I would say go for it.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

pyro-manic

Not really a "copy of the Tornado" then, is it? An entirely different design, in fact. Build it!
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

kerick

The twin tails would have to be angled out of course! Would you keep the VG wings? Maybe make the edge of the fixed portion look like it was cut with pinking shears.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

I think someone in the UK SIG did a twin tailed Tonka a while back, I'm sure I've seen it on our stand somewhere.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Seen at The Scottish IPMS Championships, Perth 2009

It is 1/144 scale.

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

That's not the one I was thinking of but it's darn good!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Jesse220

That twin tailed Tornado is not bad actually. But I bet the Chines could copy it off.

kitbasher

Quote from: pyro-manic on January 10, 2015, 04:40:55 PM
Not really a "copy of the Tornado" then, is it? An entirely different design, in fact. Build it!

But not that far off the Tornado 2000 concept.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Jesse220

Well how can they copy off the Tornado? I mean come on now here, they copied off the Russian SU-27 Fighter, so why not copy off the Tornado and make it a stealth Fighter Bomber? :rolleyes:

pyro-manic

They directly duplicated the Flanker. As in, they bought a handful, took them apart, copied all the bits, and then built more themselves. If they copied the Tornado, it would look like a Tornado.

Tornado does not have stealth in it's design. To make it a "stealth fighter bomber", it would have to be a completely different shape, and thus a completely different aircraft. You might have a similar layout - variable geometry, twin engines, two seats - but it wouldn't be a Tornado.

The Tornado 2000 concept, mentioned by Kitbasher above, is about as stealthy as the design could be, and it had a whole new front fuselage, new intakes, and modifications elsewhere. Substantially different. Still not hugely stealthy, though it would have helped.

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

PR19_Kit

The Chinese didn't exactly copy the Su-27, they bought some when they were friendly with the Russians and reverse engineered them. To do that with a Tornado they'd have to get one first and who's going to sell them one? Not to mention that it's a 40 year old design now and WELL out of date.

If they wanted to make a 'stealth fighter bomber' in this day and age they'd be better starting from scratch, they have much of the capability anyway.

Regards
Kit

Jesse220

You do have a point. But if they duplicate the Tornado the Europeans would be angry at the Chinese

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 11, 2015, 01:12:46 PM
The Chinese didn't exactly copy the Su-27, they bought some when they were friendly with the Russians and reverse engineered them. To do that with a Tornado they'd have to get one first and who's going to sell them one? Not to mention that it's a 40 year old design now and WELL out of date.

If they wanted to make a 'stealth fighter bomber' in this day and age they'd be better starting from scratch, they have much of the capability anyway.

IIRC they got a licence to produce the Su-27

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....